• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Body armor

I'm not sure what you mean 38+ I was referring to rifle plates. Level III stops 7.62x51mm M80 ball. You must be thinking of IIIA"+" soft armor.
It was supposed to be 3A+, not 38+.. apparently, I invented a new kind of fake body armor

Thank God they didn’t miss the window that would’ve went right through the door

Look into tacticon.com

All the ballistic data from each steel sheet they cut plates out of is available on their website. Prices seem good and they guys that run the company are good guys

OP buys TEMU plates, OP gets shot in the chest on the job.

hey-cool.gif

It reminds me of a covid era meme that was floating around a while back.

It was a picture of a couple apparently re-enacting some scenes from 50 Shades of Grey. They were wearing masks of dubious clinical efficacy.

The pic was captioned something like: "When you buy your face masks from Wish"

You can imagine.

That was stupid of him to sit in the truck while the .50 hit it.
Not really stupid considering you have to show that you have faith in the product otherwise good luck selling it. One of the original founders of Second Chance body armor literally used to run around to police departments with a bunch of phone books and basically he would stuff a couple of phone books under his armor (to reduce bruising) and then shoot himself with like a 44 Magnum. People bought those vests quickly.

Not really stupid considering you have to show that you have faith in the product otherwise good luck selling it. One of the original founders of Second Chance body armor literally used to run around to police departments with a bunch of phone books and basically he would stuff a couple of phone books under his armor (to reduce bruising) and then shoot himself with like a 44 Magnum. People bought those vests quickly.
There’s also the guy who makes the stuff for the president out of South America or something like that. Every time somebody makes a bulletproof suit. He lets them shoot them with it the first time now that’s commitment.

They do make some amazing stuff even on a budget. But I don’t wear steel plates. It’s too much weight doesn’t flex eventually get some real armor.

Last edited:
That's great you flexing about your magic armor that's unobtainable currently, I'd rather tell people what they can get now that's not Temu Trash.
Maybe if your google fu was proficient...

HC Ar1000 link 1
HC AR1000 link 2
HC Ar1000 link 3

Also, there was no need for you to be a dick but going by your posting history, it makes total sense - you do a great job imitating a try hard edgelord.

Last edited:

If I was described like him ”the narcissistic, self-aggrandizing, folksy, outwardly amiable, infuriatingly obstinate and complex," and looked like him, I'd shoot myself too. [rofl]I'll bet it was the bikini-clad models that he showcased with him that sealed the deals. [smile]

Later on with a new product he developed, he was sued into bankruptcy because it was defective.

1707849692973.png

Last edited:
If I was described like him ”the narcissistic, self-aggrandizing, folksy, outwardly amiable, infuriatingly obstinate and complex," and looked like him, I'd shoot myself too. [rofl]I'll bet it was the bikini-clad models that he showcased with him that sealed the deals. [smile]

Later on with a new product he developed, he was sued into bankruptcy because it was defective.

View attachment 850071

Yes he got whacked because his product failed because of sweat and moisture but that wasn't something that happened out of the gate. The guy was still one of the pioneers of the body armor industry regardless of the outcome of his company in the long game from what people told me he also used to host crazy gun events which were actually pretty fun. Like this one guy I was shooting with said "oh yeah the second chance guy had this thing where you would have this obstacle course and then you'd climb up the ladder and then you would pick up like an MP5 and then shoot add a bunch of targets from the top of the tower and then you would slide down this pole or whatever and then on to the next thing... "

View attachment 850071
Somebody who shoots themselves 192 times on purpose, deserves to die. Probably easier than his bankruptcy and divorce.

Yes he got whacked because his product failed because of sweat and moisture but that wasn't something that happened out of the gate. The guy was still one of the pioneers of the body armor industry regardless of the outcome of his company in the long game from what people told me he also used to host crazy gun events which were actually pretty fun. Like this one guy I was shooting with said "oh yeah the second chance guy had this thing where you would have this obstacle course and then you'd climb up the ladder and then you would pick up like an MP5 and then shoot add a bunch of targets from the top of the tower and then you would slide down this pole or whatever and then on to the next thing... "
It's been a while, but I think there was something about the expiration date that caused that mess. My first armor was 2nd Chance, way more comfortable than the others on the market. His brand is what led to the more comfortable stuff on the market now. Anyone who wore the old Unicor stuff will back me up, with the benefit of knowing a felon made your armor.

Kevlar is broken down by sweat moisture and UV light.
He probably use the same vest for a few years and it lost all of its strength through those exposures. And now that’s why there’s a warning label on Kevlar vest. Which is interesting because now there expiration dates on the aluminum/ceramic plates.

RC

He probably use the same vest for a few years and it lost all of its strength through those exposures. And now that’s why there’s a warning label on Kevlar vest. Which is interesting because now there expiration dates on the aluminum/ceramic plates.

RC
Kevlar does break down but that's why it's usually sealed in a covering to keep water out. They were talking about the zylon mess. The material lost its strength fast: Zylon - Wikipedia

RC
Expiration dates are just liability claptrap, ive shot well expired vests and it's still tough to get something to penetrate. Even L2 soft vesta will take a lot of pistol shots before deterioration

Expiration dates are just liability claptrap, ive shot well expired vests and it's still tough to get something to penetrate. Even L2 soft vesta will take a lot of pistol shots before deterioration
Expiration dates are stupid (and like you say, liability claptrap). We burned hundreds of unused plates at the NH State warehouse (still in plastic wrap; stored inside in fairly controlled climates) because they were past their "expiration date" (Dept. didn't want them getting into the wrong hands :rolleyes: )

Expiration dates are stupid (and like you say, liability claptrap). We burned hundreds of unused plates at the NH State warehouse (still in plastic wrap; stored inside in fairly controlled climates) because they were past their "expiration date" (Dept. didn't want them getting into the wrong hands :rolleyes: )
I bet if you hang them outside and use them for target shooting they will be fine.

Yeah kevlar doesnt really go bad

I remember demoing a building of wires when i was a kid.

We were using ratchet cutters for data cable bundles and if we ever hooked a fiber cable that kevlar was a bitch to cut.

You could do pull ups on the ratchet cutters and it wouldnt go through

Back
Top Bottom