Shot a bump stock AR today

Personally, I draw the line somewhere around crew-served weapons. Submachineguns: Protected by the Second Amendment. Box-fed machineguns: Protected by the Second Amendment. Belt-fed machineguns: Uncertain. Grenades and automatic grenade launchers: Not protected. Thoughts?

Not sure if serious but I'll bite anyway.

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The purpose of the 2A was to ensure citizens had the ability to defend themselves from their government if the need arose. Its reasonable to assume that to successfully defend yourself from a person or a group of people (including a government) you need to be just as well, if not better equipped than whoever youre being threatened by. If they have belt feds, grenades, etc, then so should you. You have the right to own them, but you are also liable for their misuse.

The 2A mentions "arms", it doesnt put any limitations on what those arms are. Supposed to be the law of the land, but shockingly its been re-interpreted by the very people it was meant to protect us from. Imagine that!

I use lol a lot. I don't care if you think it makes me look foolish.

I don't know how I feel about civilians owning full autos.

Extreme arguments remove logic.
Should civilians own full army equipment? Like a tank or a fighter jet or an appachi helicopter? What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said I don't know the proper way to regular any of that. I'll tell you what I wouldn't like. I wouldn't like to be at the range with an inexperienced person trying to figure out a bump stock.

Do you have any understanding at all of the founding principles of this country?

- - - Updated - - -

Bumpstocks don't do anything for marksmanship and they make us look bad. They make it harder for our favorite 2a organization to defend our 2a rights. If it was up to me full autos would still be legal for the common man and there would be no nitch for bumpstocks. Too bad nobody will explain the difference between a 900 round per minute firing rate and what can actually be fired between mag changes and keeping your barrel from melting.

Just my 2 cents.

Owning a gun makes you look bad.

You're arguing we should bargain with the devil.

that's why it's called spray and prey . shoot another 30 and you won't be able to hold onto the fore-end .

Words have meanings.

prey
prā/
noun
noun: prey

an animal that is hunted and killed by another for food.
"the kestrel is ready to pounce on unsuspecting prey"
synonyms: quarry, kill
"the lions killed their prey"
antonyms: predator, hunter
a person or thing easily injured or taken advantage of.
"he was easy prey for the two con men"
synonyms: victim, target, dupe, gull; More
informalsucker, soft touch, pushover, patsy, sap, schlemiel
"she was Julia's easy prey"
archaic
plunder or (in biblical use) a prize.

verb
verb: prey; 3rd person present: preys; past tense: preyed; past participle: preyed; gerund or present participle: preying

hunt and kill for food.
"small birds that prey on insect pests"
synonyms: hunt, predate, catch; More

pray
prā/
verb
verb: pray; 3rd person present: prays; past tense: prayed; past participle: prayed; gerund or present participle: praying

address a solemn request or expression of thanks to a deity or other object of worship.
"the whole family is praying for Michael"
synonyms: say one's prayers, make one's devotions, offer a prayer/prayers More
"let us pray"
invoke, call on, implore, appeal to, entreat, beg, petition, supplicate;
literarybeseech
"she prayed God to forgive her"
wish or hope strongly for a particular outcome or situation.
"after several days of rain, we were praying for sun"

adverbformalarchaic
adverb: pray

used as a preface to polite requests or instructions.
"pray continue"

Personally, I draw the line somewhere around crew-served weapons. Submachineguns: Protected by the Second Amendment. Box-fed machineguns: Protected by the Second Amendment. Belt-fed machineguns: Uncertain. Grenades and automatic grenade launchers: Not protected. Thoughts?

Then please explain to me your interpretation of Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution where Congress has the power to issue Letters of Marque and Reprisal. To me, it indicates you can have your very own warship.

Well motorcycles require some practice and knowledge prior to riding own. The regulations are stupid on motorcycles by the way. The fact. That someone who passes a computer test of 20 questions just by 60% and go buy a 200hp superbike is plain silly.
WOW !

I've met many people who own machine guns and bump stocks. You know who frequently points guns at me? Not those guys. Instead, it's always old FUDDs with double-barrel shotguns at the skeet field and tell you what, despite their eleven decades of experience and their non-scary two-round guns, it's a lot more nerve-racking than anyone shooting full-auto at the range.

You are literally making the same exact arguments as libtards make against semi-autos.

Re: shots fired in dorchester on 10/12
The commissioner railed against the dangerousness of semi-automatic firearms, saying his officers “work tirelessly every day to get them off our streets.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2017/10/gunfight_rocks_dorchester_community

I've shot several full autos, and still don't know why they are regulated. In the Army, I was taught to fire 3-5 round bursts. Some guns I've had only fired 3 round bursts. Of course, anytime I actually wanted to hit something instead of make noise, I'd use semi.

If you look at the reasons for restricting full auto, you'll note that it is always blamed on the gangsters of the '20s using them in their bank raids and shootouts with the "G-Men". And the hand wringing idiots deciding that these shouldn't be sold in local hardware stores to kill cops. What no one tells you, is that the gangsters rarely got their Tommy Guns and BARs from the local hardware store, instead they STOLE THEM FROM THE POLICE AND MILITARY ARMORIES. Talk about a need for storage laws, seems only those "trusted elites" were the only ones who couldn't be trusted to secure their guns. And the NFA was the trial balloon of "lets do something to look like we're doing something instead of actually doing somethign."

OP - if you don't want a bump stock, do what I do: don't buy one. But don't be an ******* trying to compromise with the left. We Fudds need to support our tacticool brethren, or our bolt action sniper rifles will be on the chopping block next. After all, Clyde Barrow used to cut down A5s and Remington 11s to make his whippets, so I guess we should just say bye bye to our Sweet Sixteens?

We really need to take a page from the military. Soldiers, squids, jarheads, airmen and puddle pirates (can you tell I was in the Army and the Air Force?) all make fun of each other. Whenever I meet a former Marine (did you see what I did there?) I make it a point to speak slowly and congratulate him on tying his shoes. He'll call me a pussy wingnut. It's fun, it's fine, it's BROTHERHOOD. If you didn't serve, shut up - you can't insult him, even if his shirt is on backwards.

Why can't we be the same? Fudds should look at an AR, call it an ugly toy for the testicle challenged and SUPPORT the ownership by the testicle challenged. AR shooters should ridicule our slow rate of fire, and SUPPORT our love of walnut and blue steel.

Let's fight among ourselves, but keep it private. Let no one see a chink in our armor that they can exploit to ban the next gun - because it won't stop.

Is Congress or the morons under the golden dome on bacon hill passing just one moar lawr (notice how it is always MOAR) going to stop crime? Or prevent future attacks?

If you can answer 'yes' to this question with a straight face, ask yourself why it HASN'T WORKED YET?!!?

As much fun as it was I honestly don't understand how they are legal. Never shot a full auto but can't imagine its much different. At least the rate of fire. Aiming wasn't great but definitely wat better than I thought. I'll have to double check the video but I think we emptied 30round mags in 5 seconds.

Are you from MA? This sounds like MA gun owner / victim syndrome. I'm moving out of this state in the near future and I'm going to have to ask people to not make fun of my "freedom disability." This state has a way of ingraining in you that everything is or should be illegal. It will take a lot of time (and ammo) to get over it.

6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8--michael-jackson-michael-okeefe.jpg

I never had any desire to own one but if some people want one then good for them.

Last edited:
One of you was out behind my house shooting yesterday. (WTF was that, BTW - Tannerite???) They were shooting damned fast for a semi-auto. I'm not saying they were bumping or auto. Exactly the opposite. I was impressed how fast they (you) could get off doubles. BACRACK! BACRACK! CRACK-CRACK! BACRACK! (Bacrack Oblama? LOL)

There is no question that ANYONE having full-auto/bump is scary. I'm a gun owner and it's scary. But the reality is that you'll do more damage with the semi-auto than full-auto.

At one time, I was considering buying full-auto - mostly for investment value. I wasn't planning on shooting much b/c it's expensive and a waste of ammo. Went to the Hanson (Hanson?) shoot once, in the rain, and had a blast. But I can't imagine wanting to do that often. Except perhaps with .22.

WHAT?

Think of how much time would be cut from the morning commute slinging 40mm from a Mk 19/47. [laugh]

Where should we stand on the Mk 18?

Let's be honest - if the ATF re-classified bump-stocks as needing a NFA Class III for ownership, this 'debate' would be over. This gimmick device, although fun, is basically a Mechanical Engineer's end-around in converting a semi-auto into a Title II firearm. There is no difference in performance and round-output between a bump-stocked semi-auto and a machine-gun, and everyone here knows it there's no 'brownie points' for being grossly disingenuous about it here. YouTube has plenty of videos showcasing round output and performance of side-by-side comparisons between bump-stocks and full-auto, there's no BS that's going to fool anyone that 'there's a difference'. The NRA knows the ATF mis-classified this device, and created this mess and has asked THEM to fix it. If you got lucky and bought one, good for you - 'in' before the ban it'll be a nice investment I'm sure. I've fired full-auto before, and the thrill is most-certainly there, but I was VERY glad I wasn't shooting my own ammo and forget about hitting anything. This isn't a hill worth dying-on, and if the ATF does what they should have done, we can avoid a lot of legal blow-back on things that we really DO care about - like the stupid, tacked-on magazine issue.

They must be banned in MA. people of MA must be protected from the people of MA ,

because the people of MA are killers and mass murderers.

But the people of all our surrounding states are normal , so there will be no banning or incidents.

the M*******s must be contained.

Last edited:
Let's be honest - if the ATF re-classified bump-stocks as needing a NFA Class III for ownership, this 'debate' would be over. This gimmick device, although fun, is basically a Mechanical Engineer's end-around in converting a semi-auto into a Title II firearm. There is no difference in performance and round-output between a bump-stocked semi-auto and a machine-gun, and everyone here knows it there's no 'brownie points' for being grossly disingenuous about it here. YouTube has plenty of videos showcasing round output and performance of side-by-side comparisons between bump-stocks and full-auto, there's no BS that's going to fool anyone that 'there's a difference'. The NRA knows the ATF mis-classified this device, and created this mess and has asked THEM to fix it. If you got lucky and bought one, good for you - 'in' before the ban it'll be a nice investment I'm sure. I've fired full-auto before, and the thrill is most-certainly there, but I was VERY glad I wasn't shooting my own ammo and forget about hitting anything. This isn't a hill worth dying-on, and if the ATF does what they should have done, we can avoid a lot of legal blow-back on things that we really DO care about - like the stupid, tacked-on magazine issue.

Really think giving up anything is going to avoid anything else in the future? Think giving something up is going to make gungrabbers become satisfied and just pack up and go home? We should be fighting tooth and nail to protect everything. They'll never stop. Let them waste their time and money trying to take away bumpstocks. It will distract them from mag limits and semi autos.

In the wrong hands though it can do s lot of harm. I know I know right, 2A... but after using one for the first time ever it serves no purpose other than fun when in good hands. It's not for protection or anything like that. Just my opinion. Again I know several here will disagree and that's fine.

You also forgot that you can't hunt for a deer with that! Forget those hands, brains, man, one's brain needs to be well fed before any posting is saved on the public forum.

BTW, what's the hill worth dying on? I have a feeling if they took semi autos there would be people on this very board who would be talking about how fast you can work a bolt action with a little practice and semi autos aren't a hill worth dying on.

The ATF classified the device based on the language of the law. They didn't contort themselves to reach a conclusion. That's the way it's supposed to work. If the legislators wrote a shitty law then it's on them to fix it. Don't you think we have enough contorted interpretation and application of established law out there without throwing more on the pile?

Really think giving up anything is going to avoid anything else in the future? Think giving something up is going to make gungrabbers become satisfied and just pack up and go home? We should be fighting tooth and nail to protect everything. They'll never stop. Let them waste their time and money trying to take away bumpstocks. It will distract them from mag limits and semi autos.

Dudes, let's just stop helping here and enjoy high surf of Hurricane Harvey instead. Nothing on this thread is helping us in any possible way but everything on this thread is helping them a lot. You assume they have a knowledge. They do not have a knowledge! They have emotions only and you are feeding them for free. Shut it down ASAP! This thread was started by someone who wanted to share with us his first romantic encounter. Nothing else. You made it into Exhibit A!

Back
Top Bottom