• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shot a bump stock AR today

OK, that leads to an interesting question. If a firearms over 100 years old is no longer considered a firearm, would modifying it to shoot full auto be OK?

:)

the language in 1998 act was "pre-1898" so even 200 years from now it would still be 1898. I'd expect any "loopholes" be extended like the copyright on MikeyMouse, i.e. indefinitely, because it has nothing to do reason other than not allowing public to own effective firearms that can be used against a repressive state, the very reason why 2a was created in the first place.

This dude built a device that appears to be much better, does not require modification to the rifle, and costs $60 out of what looks like a piece of bent sheet metal. OP, do you see the futility of trying to ban the bump stocks yet?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...fire-gen2-mini-bump-fire-stock-without-stock/

we should get away from the lunacy of trying to figure out uber cheap or common ways to circumvent ATF infringements. The argument that something is easy and therefore should be legal should become, it's legal because 2a says so. We have the right to bear arms not because guns are easy to make.

This detour gets away from discussion of fundamental reasons for 2a and into the race of ATF coming up with more bullshit rulings and the cottage industry that's coming up with even more ways around ATF's bullshit. ATF is an infringement.

I guess you've never heard of Final Protective Fire.

I have. And the fpf I was trained on took place with a belt fed system on a tripod set with a traversing and elevation wheel or a stake in the ground next to the muzzle when using a bipod. The purpose of that fpf was to allow for knee grazing fire on a specific azmuth that had multiple belt fed systems interlocking fire at a about 150 to 200 meters in front of a defensive position. Fpf used belt fed systems in.orde to allow for extended periods of suppressive fire. You bump stock is not going to provide what I just described.

Not really sure where a bump stock is going to have anything to do with final protective fire.

Where did you receive your training on fpf?

Don't get me wrong....not saying bump fires should be banned.....but let's not pretend that a bump fire stock is anything other than a toy.......your reference to bump fire and fpf is eluding to a bump fore serving a purpose other than a range toy.

Last edited:
I believe all semi-auto's, even when fitted with a bump-stock have the exact same rate of fire. One shot/trigger pull.

Yeah......please tell me the next time you'll be at the range so you can show me how you can get the same rate of fire as a bump fire stock just using your own finger. I'd love to see it.

Yeah......please tell me the next time you'll be at the range so you can show me how you can get the same rate of fire as a bump fire stock just using your own finger. I'd love to see it.

I think the rate rcoolbaugh is referring to is one shot per trigger pull, not necessarily rounds per minute.

I know at least one "talented" dude, he shoots a lot. A lot of it has to do with muscle memory and having the feeling to know when trigger is about to reset. I'm not sure that everyone can become Jerry, but a lot of people can be that fast or faster.

Is this a serious statement? There are tons of YT videos showing how to "bump" an AR using just your finger. Basically just shoulder the rifle, open your firing hand to allow the gun to rock forward and back, hold your trigger finger stiff while pulling forward on the handguard. Keep forward pressure while firing. It takes doing it once or twice to get the rhythm, but so does sex...

Is this a serious statement? There are tons of YT videos showing how to "bump" an AR using just your finger. Basically just shoulder the rifle, open your firing hand to allow the gun to rock forward and back, hold your trigger finger stiff while pulling forward on the handguard. Keep forward pressure while firing. It takes doing it once or twice to get the rhythm, but so does sex...

Hows the accuracy doing that? Minute of berm?

- - - Updated - - -

Whats he shooting at lol? Watch his right shoulder. What a ****ing clown. Vids like this are no helping the cause people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol.

You can. I've done it.

You're wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also just to be clear. Regulating mag sizes, pistol grip, if a stock is pinned or not those are completely stupid laws with no effect at all. They serve no purpose at all. Now freely throwing a bump stock on an AR I think makes it a whole different animal.

Completely disagree. It was never intended to be the job of our government to regulate the flow of arms to the people. As a member of our military, I am a strong proponent of having firearms in as many hands as possible. The reason we even HAVE a second amendment is to protect the people from a tyrannical government...giving THEM the power to regulate this very right is a contradiction of itself. If you feel unsafe...arm yourself. It’s not the governments job to provide you with an illusion of safety.

The accuracy is completely dependent upon your experience and arm strength.

It's a lot smaller than minute of berm if you practice it a bit. Which is pretty moot for shooting at thousands of people from 32 stories up.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats he shooting at lol? Watch his right shoulder. What a ****ing clown. Vids like this are no helping the cause people.

... Seriously ... That's your take-away from that video .... Wow, The FUDD is strong in this one.

The accuracy is completely dependent upon your experience and arm strength.

It's a lot smaller than minute of berm if you practice it a bit. Which is pretty moot for shooting at thousands of people from 32 stories up.

Don't look now.....but your proving the point of the folks that want to ban them.

Don't look now.....but your proving the point of the folks that want to ban them.

WTF are you even talking about? Those videos are not using bump stocks. Those are standard fixed stocks. Showing that banning bump stocks is a stupid idea because you can bump fire any semi rifle with or without a stock as long as you can grip the front of the gun in any way.

... Seriously ... That's your take-away from that video .... Wow, The FUDD is strong in this one.

My take away is that man is awesome at wasting ammo. Look....I never said ban them. I don't give a shit if clowns want bump fire stocks.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF are you even talking about? Those videos are not using bump stocks. Those are standard fixed stocks.

My point.......the more people talk about "can be done with out bump fire" and "accuracy don't matter when firing into a crowd".........makes gun owners look bad.

Fact.

It's literally a number 5 shaped piece of tin. If you guys are that desperate, let's meet by Lowes or Home Despot, I'll bring tin snips and sheet metal. Today and everyday only, 50% off!!!

Looks like something a 3D printer could produce in no time.

My take away is that man is awesome at wasting ammo. Look....I never said ban them. I don't give a shit if clowns want bump fire stocks.

- - - Updated - - -

My point.......the more people talk about "can be done with out bump fire" and "accuracy don't matter when firing into a crowd".........makes gun owners look bad.

Fact.

PS. I dont give a low slung shit if people.want bump fire stocks. Doesn't change the fact that tactically they don't do much except blow ammo.

Fact.

That is ridiculous. The only people with that POV are the idiots who ALREADY hate guns. You're not creating anti's by sharing knowledge.

Fact.

How does it make me look bad? Try telling libtards about death or life in third-world shitholes, then you really going to look like a devil to them. I get it, delicate snowflakes need to be sheltered from real life. Be proud to know more than ignorant fools and put them into their places. The more they think that they are your equal, the worse you are off.

Looks like something a 3D printer could produce in no time.

I'm willing to do a race competition. With a pair of snips I can probably outproduce the printer 1:50, at least.

The same effect could be achieved with an old, stiff leather glove. If your finger is stuck in a hook like you are having an arthritis, you can bump fire.

That is ridiculous. The only people with that POV are the idiots who ALREADY hate guns. You're not creating anti's by sharing knowledge.

So in your world everyone has already made up their mind to be a gun hater or a gun supporter?

There is nobody on the fence about it that reading a gun owners social media statements about shooting into crowds is going to change their mind to the anti side? Nobody on the fence that will see a guy mag dumping bump fire without a bump fire stock that will see that and want to ban semi auto?
Not everyone fits into the anti or pro 2a box already.

Look....I own a ton of guns. I own them for many reasons.......including full spitrit of the 2a. But we are not going to change people's opinions that are on the fence with that kindd off video and statement.

Last edited:

Fact.

Those statements aren't wrong though.

I know what is, though. lying to people makes gun owners look bad. Part of our platform was we always tried to play cleanly by not engaging in the same kind of deceptions and other BS the antis do.

Of course the NRA isn't helping in this round....
]
-Mike

Back
Top Bottom