• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shot a bump stock AR today

As much fun as it was I honestly don't understand how they are legal. Never shot a full auto but can't imagine its much different. At least the rate of fire. Aiming wasn't great but definitely wat better than I thought. I'll have to double check the video but I think we emptied 30round mags in 5 seconds.

As much fun as it was I honestly don't understand how they are legal. Never shot a full auto but can't imagine its much different. At least the rate of fire. Aiming wasn't great but definitely wat better than I thought. I'll have to double check the video but I think we emptied 30round mags in 5 seconds.
THEY SHOULD BE LEGAL !!! That is all, oh and have a nice day

Last edited:

Weird, I have trouble understanding why full auto is regulated at all. In my world, bump stocks would be irrelevant.

Because you can do the exact same thing just using your finger, with a little practice.

The stock changes nothing in function: one trigger pull one fire. Just fast trigger pulls.

Do we also outlaw Jerry Miculek?

Because you can do the exact same thing just using your finger, with a little practice.

The stock changes nothing in function: one trigger pull one fire. Just fast trigger pulls.

Do we also outlaw Jerry Miculek?

Eh I actually disagree with that. Although the rate of fire for a nomarl person would be slower the accuracy would be significantly.
With a bump stock it takes more focus to make the thing work than to aim. I can def see an inexperienced person creating a bad situation with a bump stock than a regular AR stock.

I know the audience here and I knew I'd get flamed for that statement but honestly I don't understand what the purpose and proper use for a bump stock is. For a law abiding citizen like myself it's a toy. It's just a fun way to shoot and spend money lol. In the wrong hands though it can do s lot of harm. I know I know right, 2A... but after using one for the first time ever it serves no purpose other than fun when ingood hands. It's not for protection or anything like that. Just my opinion. Again I know several here will disagree and that's fine.

Also just to be clear. Regulating mag sizes, pistol grip, if a stock is pinned or not those are completely stupid laws with no effect at all. They serve no purpose at all. Now freely throwing a bump stock on an AR I think makes it a whole different animal.

Are you saying you think it should be illegal because it makes the rifle less accurate and harder to control? Or are you saying it's because it makes it fire too Fast?

Eh I actually disagree with that. Although the rate of fire for a nomarl person would be slower the accuracy would be significantly.
With a bump stock it takes more focus to make the thing work than to aim. I can def see an inexperienced person creating a bad situation with a bump stock than a regular AR stock.

I know the audience here and I knew I'd get flamed for that statement but honestly I don't understand what the purpose and proper use for a bump stock is. For a law abiding citizen like myself it's a toy. It's just a fun way to shoot and spend money lol. In the wrong hands though it can do s lot of harm. I know I know right, 2A... but after using one for the first time ever it serves no purpose other than fun when ingood hands. It's not for protection or anything like that. Just my opinion. Again I know several here will disagree and that's fine.

In answer to your question above, try reading the Bill of Rights. Also, if you want to see why they're legal, ask Obama's BATFE, who said they were. That said, where is your lead about banning them being a 'common sense' law? Or mentioning a 'compromise'.

If you're going to go to the language of the left, you might as well go full retard.

In answer to your question above, try reading the Bill of Rights. Also, if you want to see why they're legal, ask Obama's BATFE, who said they were. That said, where is your lead about banning them being a 'common sense' law? Or mentioning a 'compromise'.

If you're going to go to the language of the left, you might as well go full retard.

i don't know why they are legal. And I don't know what proper law or how it would be appropriate to regulate them. I didn't even know what one was up until Vegas.

FIFY

I know the audience here and I knew I'd get flamed for that statement but honestly I don't understand what the purpose and proper use for a Corvette is. For a law abiding citizen like myself it's a toy. It's just a fun way to drive and spend money lol. In the wrong hands though it can do a lot of harm. I know I know right, 2A... but after using one for the first time ever it serves no purpose other than fun when in good hands. It's not for basic transportation or anything like that. Just my opinion. Again I know several here will disagree and that's fine.

So, you're also against civilian ownership of full-auto weapons? They are also "just a fun way to shoot and spend money," and "in the wrong hands can do a lot of harm."

You say they "serve no purpose other than fun." What purpose do legal machine guns serve? Why do they need to serve a purpose?

You realize you're making the exact same arguments anti's make about AR's, right? "They serve no purpose," etc.

And, adding "lol" at the end just makes you look (more) foolish.

Ah, so you think we should ban items that can be used for evil in the wrong hands?

See where I'm going with this?

So, you're also against civilian ownership of full-auto weapons? They are also "just a fun way to shoot and spend money," and "in the wrong hands can do a lot of harm."

You say they "serve no purpose other than fun." What purpose do legal machine guns serve? Why do they need to serve a purpose?

You realize you're making the exact same arguments anti's make about AR's, right? "They serve no purpose," etc.

And, adding "lol" at the end just makes you look (more) foolish.

I use lol a lot. I don't care if you think it makes me look foolish.

I don't know how I feel about civilians owning full autos.

Extreme arguments remove logic.
Should civilians own full army equipment? Like a tank or a fighter jet or an appachi helicopter? What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so you think we should ban items that can be used for evil in the wrong hands?

See where I'm going with this?

Like I said I don't know the proper way to regular any of that. I'll tell you what I wouldn't like. I wouldn't like to be at the range with an inexperienced person trying to figure out a bump stock.

Like I said I don't know the proper way to regular any of that. I'll tell you what I wouldn't like. I wouldn't like to be at the range with an inexperienced person trying to figure out a bump stock.
I've met many people who own machine guns and bump stocks. You know who frequently points guns at me? Not those guys. Instead, it's always old FUDDs with double-barrel shotguns at the skeet field and tell you what, despite their eleven decades of experience and their non-scary two-round guns, it's a lot more nerve-racking than anyone shooting full-auto at the range.

You are literally making the same exact arguments as libtards make against semi-autos.

i don't know why they are legal. And I don't know what proper law or how it would be appropriate to regulate them.

Obviously, this would fall under the "common sense gun laws".

giphy.webp

I've met many people who own machine guns and bump stocks. You know who frequently points guns at me? Not those guys. Instead, it's always old FUDDs with double-barrel shotguns at the skeet field and tell you what, despite their eleven decades of experience and their non-scary two-round guns, it's a lot more nerve-racking than anyone shooting full-auto at the range.

You are literally making the same exact arguments as libtards make against semi-autos.

My friend who owns the guns we shot today I trust more than myself due to his experience and knowledge. With proper training and experience everything can be "safe"

- - - Updated - - -

I love out yourself threads. If you were in say, Athens, what kind of weapons are you permitted to own?
I believe just shotguns? Not sure.

You answered your owns questions. You don't understand what "the purpose and proper use for a bump stock is....but it's just a fun way to shoot..."

1) The 2nd doesn't state that there needs to be a purpose or proper use of any gun.
2) Who said that it cannot be used for defensive or offensive purposes?
3) Doesn't having fun shooting it provide a purpose for it? After all, isn't it all about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

I could go on, but I think that if you don't get it by now, you probably never will. OTOH, there is no requirement for you to understand it.

You answered your owns questions. You don't understand what "the purpose and proper use for a bump stock is....but it's just a fun way to shoot..."

1) The 2nd doesn't state that there needs to be a purpose or proper use of any gun.
2) Who said that it cannot be used for defensive or offensive purposes?
3) Doesn't having fun shooting it provide a purpose for it? After all, isn't it all about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

I could go on, but I think that if you don't get it by now, you probably never will. OTOH, there is no requirement for you to understand it.

No you actually made very good points that I get

Back
Top Bottom