Shot a bump stock AR today

I don't see the need for anyone to own a motorcycle that exceeds 65 mph. Let's ban all those dangerous devices from existence.

BTW, motorcycles claim more lives every year than rifles do.

I don't see the need for anyone to own a motorcycle that exceeds 65 mph. Let's ban all those dangerous devices from existence.

More people are killed each year by hands and feet than rifles, literally.

My friend who owns the guns we shot today I trust more than myself due to his experience and knowledge. With proper training and experience everything can be "safe"
I just told you about men with decades of experience creating unsafe situations with just double-barrel shotguns, a la Joe Biden. I've seen it dozens of times too. So should double-barrel shotguns be banned, by your logic?

Eh I actually disagree with that. Although the rate of fire for a nomarl person would be slower the accuracy would be significantly.
With a bump stock it takes more focus to make the thing work than to aim. I can def see an inexperienced person creating a bad situation with a bump stock than a regular AR stock.

I know the audience here and I knew I'd get flamed for that statement but honestly I don't understand what the purpose and proper use for a bump stock is. For a law abiding citizen like myself it's a toy. It's just a fun way to shoot and spend money lol. In the wrong hands though it can do s lot of harm. I know I know right, 2A... but after using one for the first time ever it serves no purpose other than fun when ingood hands. It's not for protection or anything like that. Just my opinion. Again I know several here will disagree and that's fine.

Why would anyone want one because youf#+king can last I knew this was Northeast Shooter's not Northeast Knitting.

I use lol a lot. I don't care if you think it makes me look foolish.

I don't know how I feel about civilians owning full autos.

Extreme arguments remove logic.
Should civilians own full army equipment? Like a tank or a fighter jet or an appachi helicopter? What do you think?

With gun owners like you, who needs anti's? We are often our own worst enemies, and threads like this serve to out those attitudes.

I can bump-fire any one of my ARs (especially my AR9) from the shoulder without a bump-stock by just holding my finger stiff and relaxing my grip. Would you make that illegal? "Thou shalt not hold thy finger stiff?"

"I don't see any purpose for these. I don't think they should be legal." I don't think the term "Fudd" is enough to describe this attitude. Every anti out there is saying the same thing about any AR you own, or any standard-capacity magazine, etc.

Don't worry. It does. No one else is laughing.

Definitely an out yourself thread.

Olympus, the same argument can be made for all semi-automatics. They can fire waaaaay too fast. They should make it so with handguns you have to rack the slide every time you want to shoot so it’s not so semi-automaticky.

Think about how ridiculous the above sounds.

Everything was good and fine until mobsters and bad people (who were ALREADY bad) used full auto to kill people. Because bad people did bad things with guns, they made everyone pay with the NFA and 1986. People owned full autos before the NFA and did the same thing a lot of people do at the range...shoot and plink for fun.

IMHO, arms, specifically bearable arms shouldn’t be subject to regulation. It leads to the the eventual goal of the anti2A hyenas.

Well motorcycles require some practice and knowledge prior to riding own. The regulations are stupid on motorcycles by the way. The fact. That someone who passes a computer test of 20 questions just by 60% and go buy a 200hp superbike is plain silly.

Definitely an out yourself thread.

Olympus, the same argument can be made for all semi-automatics. They can fire waaaaay too fast. They should make it so with handguns you have to rack the slide every time you want to shoot so it’s not so semi-automaticky.

Think about how ridiculous the above sounds.

Everything was good and fine until mobsters and bad people (who were ALREADY bad) used full auto to kill people. Because bad people dis bad things with guns, they made everyone pay with the NFA and 1986. People owned full autos before the NFA and did the same thing a lot of people do at the range...shoot and plink for fun.

IMHO, arms, specifically bearable arms shouldn’t be subject to regulation. It leads to the the eventual goal of the anti2A hyenas.

My initial comment was based on the fact that full autos are so heavily regulated. I am a gun owner and gun rights supporter. Do you get it?

Should civilians own full army equipment? Like a tank or a fighter jet or an appachi helicopter? What do you think?
Note that civilians in the US can and do own tanks and fighter planes. I can't speak to attack helos, but I assume the same is true there. As it should be.

Eh I actually disagree with that. Although the rate of fire for a nomarl person would be slower the accuracy would be significantly.
With a bump stock it takes more focus to make the thing work than to aim. I can def see an inexperienced person creating a bad situation with a bump stock than a regular AR stock.

I know the audience here and I knew I'd get flamed for that statement but honestly I don't understand what the purpose and proper use for a bump stock is. For a law abiding citizen like myself it's a toy. It's just a fun way to shoot and spend money lol. In the wrong hands though it can do s lot of harm. I know I know right, 2A... but after using one for the first time ever it serves no purpose other than fun when ingood hands. It's not for protection or anything like that. Just my opinion. Again I know several here will disagree and that's fine.

Under a ideal world our 2a rights would allow as to be as well armed as our US standing army .
They should be legal as are machine guns but sadly the legal machine guns have been regulated to a certain number.

I just told you about men with decades of experience creating unsafe situations with just double-barrel shotguns, a la Joe Biden. I've seen it dozens of times too. So should double-barrel shotguns be banned, by your logic?
Mind answering this?

a big difference is that regulating motorcycle licensing better would actually have a serious impact on the number of deaths caused by motorcycles. Where gun regulations have proven pointless and inefficient.

- - - Updated - - -

After what you learned, do you still want to lock men up in cages for years at a time because they owned a piece of plastic?
No def not. I did understand a lot of things that didn't think of before.

Well motorcycles require some practice and knowledge prior to riding own. The regulations are stupid on motorcycles by the way. The fact. That someone who passes a computer test of 20 questions just by 60% and go buy a 200hp superbike is plain silly.

Completely agree. Licensing people to drive is idiotic. If your too stupid to know your stupid than a government mandated test certainly isn't going to convince you your stupid. I could honestly care less if someone decides to buy something they can't handle. #Dontfightnaturalselection

i think OP just meant these instruments of death are super cool. [thumbsup]
Well I can't speak for instruments of death. But the bump stock was fun as hell.
Now if I had 10 round mags I'd be disappointed lol.
Yet going to the range with a sealed box of 1000 rounds of AE 223 and coming home empty was a dent in the ammo collection/Wallet. Getting hang of the thing was a challenge too. Kinda better to use it like burst fire 3-5 rounds. But mag dumping I had to stop a few times because I was losing my balance.

Then you were not being intellectually honest when you said that bump stocks and full auto should be banned because you can "def see an inexperienced person creating a bad situation".
I explained my comment was not fully serious. It was among the lines of "if full autos are regulated I am shocked that they haven't regulated bump stocks"
but thank you for explaining it to me

My initial comment was based on the fact that full autos are so heavily regulated. I am a gun owner and gun rights supporter. Do you get it?

I get it alright, but you’re ultimately looking to regulate behavior with a tool (no matter how stupid you might think it is). Behavior can’t be regulated. People are either good or they’re bad.

I get it alright, but you’re ultimately looking to regulate behavior with a tool (no matter how stupid you might think it is). Behavior can’t be regulated. People are either good or they’re bad.
No no. I specifically said I'm not in position or have knowledge to put such regulations in place.

- - - Updated - - -

As a recent new gun owner , why would you not understand our 2nd amendment and our passion to uphold it ?
I haven't studied the bill of rights to be honest. I'm all about our rights. Read my clarifying comments above.

No, you're a some gun rights supporters. You support rights for guns for which you see a purpose, or which you think are safe for civilians to own.

The other name for that is "anti-gun."

Back
Top Bottom