• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shot a bump stock AR today

Oxymoron. How can you support that which you have not studied?
By exercising my right and owning firearms, training myself and educating my self as I grown in this world

- - - Updated - - -

No, you're a some gun rights supporters. You support rights for guns for which you see a purpose, or which you think are safe for civilians to own.

The other name for that is "anti-gun."

I am not sure if I am not expressing myself right or you have decided to not understand me

Eh I actually disagree with that. Although the rate of fire for a nomarl person would be slower the accuracy would be significantly.
With a bump stock it takes more focus to make the thing work than to aim. I can def see an inexperienced person creating a bad situation with a bump stock than a regular AR stock.

I know the audience here and I knew I'd get flamed for that statement but honestly I don't understand what the purpose and proper use for a bump stock is. For a law abiding citizen like myself it's a toy. It's just a fun way to shoot and spend money lol. In the wrong hands though it can do s lot of harm. I know I know right, 2A... but after using one for the first time ever it serves no purpose other than fun when ingood hands. It's not for protection or anything like that. Just my opinion. Again I know several here will disagree and that's fine.

Guns themselves also abide by that logic. So, lets get rid of gun altogether then[rolleyes]

By exercising my right and owning firearms, training myself and educating my self as I grown in this world

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure if I am not expressing myself right or you have decided to not understand me

The bolded part here is ALSO covered by those exact same words of yours above.

Last edited:
Oxymoron. How can you support that which you have not studied?
But due to the lack of knowledge there will be a lot of questions.
If I didn't have questions I wouldn't care.
When I got my LTC I didn't care. I just got it to get it. In time I'm leaning more about it.

No no. I specifically said I'm not in position or have knowledge to put such regulations in place.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't studied the bill of rights to be honest. I'm all about our rights. Read my clarifying comments above.

If you start reading up you will find our founding fathers did not want a standing army during peace time...I'm not talking about sending our boys and girls all over the world to police other countries.
Also if you read a lot of what our founding fathers try to warn us We the people should not be out armed by our government.
This is what the 2nd is about.
Once we started letting our elected officials nip away at our 2a and beginning to infringe on it (1934) because our .gov was loosing a battle against criminals (some would call them free Americans) .
So yes to a point bump stocks are silly and a gross waste of ammo and you can do the same thing with your thumb through your belt loop for range blasting....is it time to ban belt loops?
Also it might be time to ban cars and trucks as they are so easy to manipulate into a crowd of people.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure if you were a wealthy landowner back in the day, you rolled a cannon or two. But also. The people WERE the military. Perhaps if there was less distinction between we the people and the military. We wouldn't be having this discussion.

If you start reading up you will find our founding fathers did not want a standing army during peace time...I'm not talking about sending our boys and girls all over the world to police other countries.
Also if you read a lot of what our founding fathers try to warn us We the people should not be out armed by our government.
Once we started letting our elected officials nip away at our 2a and beginning to infringe on it (1934) because our .gov was loosing a battle against criminals (some would call them free Americans) .
So yes to a point bump stocks are silly and a gross waste of ammo and you can do the same thing with your thumb through your belt loop for range blasting....is it time to ban belt loops?
Also it might be time to ban cars and trucks as they are so easy to manipulate into a crowd of people.

Good explanation. I appreciate it and I agree

- - - Updated - - -

When you make things illegal it becomes impossible for criminal to get them. Look at heroin: completely unavailable on the black market.
We should make guns illegal after all that's how we won the war on drugs.

Bumpstocks don't do anything for marksmanship and they make us look bad. They make it harder for our favorite 2a organization to defend our 2a rights. If it was up to me full autos would still be legal for the common man and there would be no nitch for bumpstocks. Too bad nobody will explain the difference between a 900 round per minute firing rate and what can actually be fired between mag changes and keeping your barrel from melting.

Just my 2 cents.

Devils advocate comment:
why are we not so passionate about sending our men and women to other countries to police them or whatever as we are about our 2A rights?

- - - Updated - - -

Bumpstocks don't do anything for marksmanship and they make us look bad. They make it harder for our favorite 2a organization to defend our 2a rights. If it was up to me full autos would still be legal for the common man and there would be no nitch for bumpstocks. Too bad nobody will explain the difference between a 900 round per minute firing rate and what can actually be fired between mag changes and keeping your barrel from melting.

Just my 2 cents.

Dont worry I'm taking the heat. You are not a national traitor.

Well motorcycles require some practice and knowledge prior to riding own. The regulations are stupid on motorcycles by the way. The fact. That someone who passes a computer test of 20 questions just by 60% and go buy a 200hp superbike is plain silly.

Back that bus up Bunky.

You can go buy any snowmobile that contains well over 200HP with nothing more than cash or a credit card so that cancels out the bike. I see these ass hats riding on the wrong side of the trail out of control. BTW where I ride there are no speed limits but you must maintain control. By your logic we need speed limits for idiots.

I don't own a bumpy because I didn't want one. I do own a Tac Con trigger. Are you saying I can't own that because you don't see the need or use for it?

If your attempt on this thread was to gain thread count you won. If it was to piss off people who haven't rented a room in a mid rise building in order to kill a bunch of innocent people with ZERO means for self defense you win the booby prize. There's a reason people are respectful at a gun club. Let that sink in for a minute.

"As much fun as it was I honestly don't understand how they are legal. "
[laugh2][rofl]

Well, read the law.....they arent illegal its cut and dry...

As to why they are legal..its because they havent been illegalized.

Also just to be clear. Regulating mag sizes, pistol grip, if a stock is pinned or not those are completely stupid laws with no effect at all. They serve no purpose at all. Now freely throwing a bump stock on an AR I think makes it a whole different animal.

You need to learn to be an American. Not trying to be harsh. Read the second amendment and meditate on it.

Good explanation. I appreciate it and I agree

- - - Updated - - -

We should make guns illegal after all that's how we won the war on drugs.

Oh boy the war on drugs.... a war no one on the .gov side wants to win. Just imagine the over time lost

I will read it and the other amendments

Awesome. A lot of your posts reflect a misapprehesion of the fundamental difference between Europe and America. Our constitution enshrines negative rights, not positive ones. Our constitution says what our government can't do in addition to what it should. Progressives generally can't grasp the idea that there are things that shouldn't be regulated

Awesome. A lot of your posts reflect a misapprehesion of the fundamental difference between Europe and America. Our constitution enshrines negative rights, not positive ones. Our constitution says what our government can't do in addition to what it should. Progressives generally can't grasp the idea that there are things that shouldn't be regulated

i was raised in a country with extremely strict gun laws. Yet I was also raised in a country that overturned several governments.

I do live and love this county (USA) and I respect it for what it is. I don't agree with everything and a perfect country sure does not exist. But one thing is for sure the more I educate myself the better.

But I also think a lot of what I say gets misunderstood.

As much fun as it was I honestly don't understand how they are legal. Never shot a full auto but can't imagine its much different. At least the rate of fire. Aiming wasn't great but definitely wat better than I thought. I'll have to double check the video but I think we emptied 30round mags in 5 seconds.

Real full auto is much less retarded than a bump stock is. That's the biggest difference.

-Mike

Personally, I draw the line somewhere around crew-served weapons. Submachineguns: Protected by the Second Amendment. Box-fed machineguns: Protected by the Second Amendment. Belt-fed machineguns: Uncertain. Grenades and automatic grenade launchers: Not protected. Thoughts?

Low cap launchers should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom