• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shot a 1911 for the first time today

Wiseguy

NES Member
All I can say is Wow! Now I know why the 1911 guys love them so much.

The new acquisition is a Springfield Armory 1911 - A1.

I was able to bullseye three shots from my first magazine and all the rest in the nine ring.

What a sweet shooting gun. Very impressed.[smile]

1911 addiction

[smile] Myself and my brother in law are both 1911 addicted and proud of it. It is incurable (as if you really want a cure). This is a long and happy love affair in the making that you have begun. HAVE FUN
Tank

There is a reason why they are debated as the best handgun platform ever :)
I too love my 1911's

i have 3 1911 pistols - S&W full size tactical, Sig 1911 C3 and Colt Defender. i love them all.
1911 are pleasure to fire and very accurate.

You got a good one. The third handgun I ever bought was a Gold Cup that was horribly loose and the trigger felt like someone drenched it in 30 weight oil and rolled it in beach sand.

Turned me off to the 1911 for 15 years.

Then I shot a Les Baer PII and I was toast.

I refuse to handle a 1911 because I know that once I do, I will feel compelled, no, DRIVEN, to purchase one, and I will not be able to stop myself from doing so, and also purchasing like 10 boxes of ammo for it.

It is why I have not baked a nice chocolate cake in many months...Because if I do so, I must eat it all. And I am a thin guy, heh. But my wallet is thinner than my appetite. :-(

Wah, I want one! *grumbles*

I refuse to handle a 1911 because I know that once I do, I will feel compelled, no, DRIVEN, to purchase one, and I will not be able to stop myself from doing so, and also purchasing like 10 boxes of ammo for it.

It is why I have not baked a nice chocolate cake in many months...Because if I do so, I must eat it all. And I am a thin guy, heh. But my wallet is thinner than my appetite. :-(

Wah, I want one! *grumbles*

HooVoo,
It gets worse. After experiencing Les Baer excellence, I have taken on a project gun. Its a Colt lightweight officers. Its been totally reliable with hardball. I'll be testing it with hp tomorrow. I'm hoping I can end up with an attractive, decent shooter for under $1000. Its kindof addictive. Compared to a glock, its much more interesting. Glocks will never be pretty. You just buy it and shoot it. Its the ultimate firearm appliance. These are actually fun to work on.

HooVoo,
It gets worse. After experiencing Les Baer excellence, I have taken on a project gun. Its a Colt lightweight officers. Its been totally reliable with hardball. I'll be testing it with hp tomorrow. I'm hoping I can end up with an attractive, decent shooter for under $1000. Its kindof addictive. Compared to a glock, its much more interesting. Glocks will never be pretty. You just buy it and shoot it. Its the ultimate firearm appliance. These are actually fun to work on.

:-(

Shut up! Everyone shut up! I can't hear you! LLalalalalala!

Les Baer Goodness
IMG_2109-1-1-1.jpg

Colt work in progress.
DSC_3018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom