Search engines being controlled. Results not what they appear to be.

radioman

NES Member

I thought this kid was a nut until I tried it for myself. Do any search on your favorite search engine. Look at how many results the engine says it has mine comes up around 10 billion for any search I do. You start scrolling through the pages and the articles just repeat over and over there is nowhere near the hits they’re telling you they have. This is full-blown information control. And we need to understand we’re not getting the truth even if we try to find it.

Well, duh.

If you don't control something, someone else does.

You can say, "I read it in a book," but who wrote the book? And, since the book was written, what's changed? I have a bunch of old How & Why Wonder Books from when I was a kid; a lot of what's in it, is no longer true (e.g. dinosaurs' data has changed). And, that's just science stuff that is updated by new, objective data.

If you have any data source, that can be edited, and that has a political/ideological facet, all bets are off.

Hell, in E.T., they edited out the Evil Black Rifles from when the .gov raids the house, and a lot of people don't realize that Han was NOT returning fire. And that's stuff that hugely obvious, and not overly important, in the grand scheme of things.

"News from afar is seldom sooth."
-Theoden, King of Rohan.

I run my own search engines. ScrapeBox is very good. SearX and ElasticSearch is another. They need tons of bandwidth, and are great for finding things that have been DMCAd. Schematics, repair manuals, books. One of the reasons I can take jobs nobody wants. I can find reference manuals whitepapers and tech docs for things that usually never see the light of day.

You are being manipulated. Use Brave or nothing.
Brave search may claim independence and they might not maintain their own logs, but the encryption keys for your requests are all held by Amazon CloudFront...
If you have any data source, that can be edited, and that has a political/ideological facet, all bets are off.
Hell, in E.T., they edited out the Evil Black Rifles from when the .gov raids the house, and a lot of people don't realize that Han was NOT returning fire. And that's stuff that hugely obvious, and not overly important, in the grand scheme of things.
They?

The edits to E.T. were self-censorship by the director. Which in many ways, is worse than if the black helicopter crew did it:
Spielberg said:
"I was disappointed in myself," Spielberg said in September 2011. "I was overly sensitive to some of the criticism E.T. got from parent groups when it was first released in '82 having to do with Eliott saying 'penis breath' or the guns, and I thought [if I change some things] ... it was OK for a while, but I realized what I had done was I had robbed people who loved 'E.T.' of their memories of 'E.T.'"

Last edited:
They?

The edits to E.T. were self-censorship by the director. Which in many ways, is worse than if the black helicopter crew did it:
Oh, I know that it was Spielberg....but taking his finished product, and making changes put him in the "They" category. In that he became part of the revisionist problem

I have seen the same issues as shown in the video. I try rephrasing the request but to no avail. Scrolling through page after page looking for an article that is pro-Trump can be frustrating. So many repeat, or duplicate, results clogging up the system.

Search engines are like a layer of thin ice on a deep lake. When you search the only thing you can see is ice, but under the ice is a gigantic lake of 'uncrawled' data. Search engines are unable to catalog this data. Most data today is protected, behind paywalls, not shared any longer, etc therefore will not appear in search engine results. The good old days where an entire website was crawled is long gone. Most web pages today if you could see them are 80% code and 20% content (a Zipfian distribution). That 80% code is for advertising, analytics, logging info for IT workers, etc. The code has no relevance to the content being displayed except for look and feel aspects, styles, promotability and so on. There's nothing relevant to see any more for a search engine. Is it worth committing dollars to crawl a website that might get a few dozen of a few hundred hits? Or crawl websites for that 20% searchable content for the latest zany antics of the Kardashian clan that will get millions of views? Those millions of views represent millions of advertising dollars and product placement.

What's even more interesting to me though is the data we can all see from internet searches (the thin ice), the "dead internet theory" applies. In other words what we see and can search for today is just advertising and AI generated content designed to steer consumers in a specific direction. In some cases it's bots talking to bots (product reviews, reviews designed to generate buzz and traffic, etc). There are no people any longer writing content, it's just machines now. Look at even right wing sites. I look at sites for coffee being the coffee fiend that I am. I start looking at pages of coffee. At the bottom of my screen are little pop ups "Bob T from Dallas just bought the full flavored 2A blend". A few seconds later "Ralph V from Virginia Beach just bought the deluxe coffee maker". Are Bob T and Ralph V real people? Probably not, but they create a sense or urgency "I better buy that coffee before it sells out".

We're all being tricked and manipulated by AI, bots and behind the scenes hucksters to buy a product in much the same way as the old carnival barker would sell convince us to fork over $20 to buy a slice-o-matic machine at a county fair. It's all hucksterism.

Should have called a lawyer. If you built an off road tractor pulling rig. As he did, that can't be illegal. As far as I know they don't regulate them.
Problem was he got caught while it was roaded, so they're going to go full faggot over it regardless. If it had never been registered for road use under his name he wouldn't be dealing with this. It's all bullshit regardless..... garbage laws.

Brave search may claim independence and they might not maintain their own logs, but the encryption keys for your requests are all held by Amazon CloudFront...

They?

Tor.

Yep even the NJ Department of Environmental Protection watches social media.

As much as I dislike the coal rollers of the world, I tacitly put up with it even though I think a grown man rolling coal has a man appendage that needs a microscope to properly measure. But that being said a lot of these guys big mouths and discussions and demonstrations online in forums, social media, youtube, etc are their own worst enemy. Nothing like leaving the evidence for all to see. When I had my Ram 3500 I kept the emissions equipment on and never had a problem and yet some guys had the hack saws out as soon as it arrived in the driveway with their tuner and turbo back exhausts ready to go. They had the whole system hacked in order to keep it 'looking legal' by faking out the computers into thinking it's emission compliant. I feel sorry and yet not sorry at the same time for that guy because I don't feel that the state has the authority to crush the vehicle but at the same time he caused it to happen.

Don’t get the comment. Epstein clearly explains how search engines easily sway opinion and not how you would expect.
His core argument that its rigged is correct. The way he explains a lot of the systems is wrong though.

If you're interested in it check out that podcasts thread on /r/joerogan. Im on my phone and haven't listened to it since it came out so I both don't remember all the weird stuff well plus typing here blows

200w.gif

Even if the internet was honest, AI bots feeding you the information they think you want, puts the blinders on you.
It feeds similar content to what you're already thinking - leaving no diversity outside of your assumed 'profile'.

I've noticed what this guy is saying on many occasions searching consumer goods - furniture for example. Same old results/retailers, page after page. Thought I was nuts at first but, it was real. If you decide on a political topic, it's more obscene.
I stopped using google (all services) well over 5 years ago. Other search engines were giving me more complete and varied results...for a while.
Duckduckgoose joined the evil empire a couple years back.

My search engine is secure...

Oddly, the world has been very quiet since 1972...

1663787282903.png

I already noticed this in duck duck go as well.
Its changed heavily in the past year or 2.
Even for simple searches or gun parts related items.

Used to be a search away. Now you have to tweak the ahit out of the wording to get what you are looking for

Yea DDG was good for a while, then Google bought them out in the past year or two.
I need to switch to Brave like NOW.
Brave is just a search engine or a whole browser?

Back
Top Bottom