• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Screwed By Mass Today And I Don't Even Live There Anymore

I'm just throwing this out there, but I'm left the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, a year ago for Idaho and it is way more free than New Hampshire could ever dream of being. When I go to buy my fully automatic assault slaying 58 round 72 caliber clipazine M 16 military rifle. They don't do anything except for ask for my drivers license. 'cause you know, we should probably make sure this guy is at least 18 years old and nothing else. By the way my son is two and I gave him his birth certificate to hand to them. So he could buy his first rifle a little while ago, he got himself a Savage Rascal and they put it in his name because they can sell guns to 2 year olds here. So just to let you know, New Hampshire is not the freehaven Everyone says it is and Massachusetts is not missed at all. And yes, I'm totally throwing this out there to make everyone else jealous.

I'm just throwing this out there, but I'm left the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, a year ago for Idaho and it is way more free than New Hampshire could ever dream of being. When I go to buy my fully automatic assault slaying 58 round 72 caliber clipazine M 16 military rifle. They don't do anything except for ask for my drivers license. 'cause you know, we should probably make sure this guy is at least 18 years old and nothing else. By the way my son is two and I gave him his birth certificate to hand to them. So he could buy his first rifle a little while ago, he got himself a Savage Rascal and they put it in his name because they can sell guns to 2 year olds here. So just to let you know, New Hampshire is not the freehaven Everyone says it is and Massachusetts is not missed at all. And yes, I'm totally throwing this out there to make everyone else jealous.

So you can go into a gun store in Idaho,buy a rifle,fill out a 4473 and walk home with a gun ? Any gun you want !!?? Holy shit people from NH must be jealous.

So you can go into a gun store in Idaho,buy a rifle,fill out a 4473 and walk home with a gun ? Any gun you want !!?? Holy shit people from NH must be jealous.

yeah you can. I was in colorado and picked up a hunting rifle...the guy looked at me funny and asked "its ok for you to have this rifle in Mass, Right?". I said "oh yeah". and he said "well you are good to go". (after the federal check of course). [rofl]

Wait, you can walk in and buy a fully automatic rifle right off the shelf with no paperwork, just a drivers license? By the power of the NFA I call bullshit!

Not fully automatic by what a normal person would call it, I was using a libtards definition of an ar-15, I probably should have put quotation marks around the whole thing. Including the 58 rd. 72 caliber clipazine part that I thought was a give away.
Wait, you can walk in and buy a fully automatic rifle right off the shelf with no paperwork, just a drivers license? By the power of the NFA I call bullshit!

25 yrs ago MA Dmh took a stand and refused/declined/forbade release of ANY and/ALL info on persons in any Dmh database. It had not altered or changed it's position as of 2015. Delay may be effected by a "lock_out" of Dmh records.

25 yrs ago MA Dmh took a stand and refused/declined/forbade release of ANY and/ALL info on persons in any Dmh database. It had not altered or changed it's position as of 2015. Delay may be effected by a "lock_out" of Dmh records.

Maybe, but I have had checks done before in NH and never had a delay. I'm not sure about Zappa but I would bet he has bought a gun or two since moving here. Also get checked when getting NH P&R license so who knows what the deal is. Maybe just short handed because of big end of summer holiday weekend but I think they still do NICS checks on weekends and holidays except for Xmas.

I have had checks done before in NH and never had a delay.

Same here.

I'm not sure about Zappa but I would bet he has bought a gun or two since moving here.

Two handguns and a rifle since I moved here 25 months ago.

Also get checked when getting NH P&R license

Did that too right after getting my NH DL.

so who knows what the deal is. Maybe just short handed because of big end of summer holiday weekend but I think they still do NICS checks on weekends and holidays except for Xmas.

Why do they stop for Xmas ???
The Constitution isn't shut down for the holidays!

BTW, still waiting for the OK on the background check, and the shop is closed tomorrow.

[banghead]

Same here.

Two handguns and a rifle since I moved here 25 months ago.

Did that too right after getting my NH DL.

Why do they stop for Xmas ???
The Constitution isn't shut down for the holidays!

BTW, still waiting for the OK on the background check, and the shop is closed tomorrow.

[banghead]
Thanks for the update. I just figure I'll be waiting the three days at this point. They don't count weekends and holidays so it will go till Thursday it looks like. [sad]

Relatives of mine moved to NH in mid-July. After receiving their new NH driver's licenses, they both bought firearms. Then, they both applied for a NH P/R license. His wife never having had a MA LTC received her NH P/R license (piece of paper within a week). He, OTOH, had a MA LTC unrestricted, and didn't receive his NH P/R until yesterday, almost 3 weeks after his wife received hers. When he called asking why his NH P/R was being delayed, the woman responded that they were waiting to hear back from MA FRB. The NH resident application does ask where you were born, but it doesn't ask if you had a license issued from another state.

The only thing that I can think of is that somehow newly moved residents into NH are checked for other licenses held in other states.

So do a lot of other states. Apparently no else on this board who is from NH wants it though. They are all so sure that constitutional carry will pass (I doubt it) and that any kind of "option" for a permit cleared background check would suddenly become mandatory. What I do see happening if Hitlery and her state-level comrades win is permanent waiting periods again. Just my .02

The problem with NICS bypass compliant permits is the statutory requirements are much worse than the standard NH P/R license requirements are. Nobody wants a "downgrade cuz feds". Now if NH offered a
separate, enhanced permit they could do it without violating the rights of those that have the regular P/R license, but it's a waste of time trying to draft legislation to do that. The POC needs to just GO. The only reason NH has a handgun poc was so that NH gun owners could bypass the brady wait period 100 years ago... that reason is long been nullified since the change in federal law.

-Mike

Buying a pistol or a lower receiver in NH is different than buying a rifle. Background checks for pistol purchases go through the state police. Delays are very common. I've been delayed on the last 5 or 6 handgun and receiver purchases.

The PD was breaking the law. They have 14 days MAX to issue the license. If MA didn't respond they are required by law to issue the license.

They weren't aware of that and neither was I, but why cause trouble with the PD? The PD wasn't going to deny him; just said that they were waiting to hear from MA FRB.

The PD was breaking the law. They have 14 days MAX to issue the license. If MA didn't respond they are required by law to issue the license.

Or deny it, in writing within that 14 days. But yes, they in fact are breaking the law. NH residents can't allow their local PD's to get away with such things.

They weren't aware of that and neither was I, but why cause trouble with the PD? The PD wasn't going to deny him; just said that they were waiting to hear from MA FRB.

Oh, they were totally aware of that. What, exactly, were they waiting to hear? This isn't MA. The laws here dealing with P&R Licenses aren't a screwed up shit show like in MA. They have a max of 14 days to issue or deny. PERIOD!

Oh, they were totally aware of that. What, exactly, were they waiting to hear? This isn't MA. The laws here dealing with P&R Licenses aren't a screwed up shit show like in MA. They have a max of 14 days to issue or deny. PERIOD!

I meant that my relatives that moved to NH were not aware of the 14-day requirement, not the PD. [laugh]

Thanks for the update. I just figure I'll be waiting the three days at this point. They don't count weekends and holidays so it will go till Thursday it looks like. [sad]

Same here, for me it'll be Wednesday when the three business days is up.
BTW, I did ask if they were OK to release it to me if there was no response within three days and they said yes.
However, in all likelyhood it may be more than a month before I can make it back to that store to pick it up.
Here's why, I'm on vacation this week and staying up near Ossipee, but I live near Nashua and work six days a week, and the shop I'm dealing with is closer to here than to where I live, plus they're closed on Sundays.

I went into a NH gun shop today to pick up my new pistol, after waiting an hour for the record check to go through, I went home empty handed thanks to Massachusetts.

No, they didn't find anything that would prevent the sale, the Mass record check system was down and the approval couldn't be processed.

Since I previously resided in Mass, their system is queried as part of the record check, but since they weren't responding, the sale was "delayed" NOT "denied".

The clerk was told by the guy working at the NH record check department that Mass been down for awhile and its created a huge backlog for them.

Anyone else get delayed by this today ???

I swear Mass does this sh*t on purpose just to f^ck with us gun owners.

So glad I got outta' there, but it proves that one can never really get totally free of having their boot on your neck.

[angry2]

Used to happen all the time to people when I was working at Shooters.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are a NH resident, why does a NH sale need to check MA records again? I am missing something.... I thought NICS check was federal.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

They run every state you have resided in.

- - - Updated - - -

Could someone explain how this works? I was under the assumption you only got a federal background check, does the federal check reference all the states to which you have resided?.

Yes

- - - Updated - - -

I think NH runs their own handgun background check, I don't think they use NICS.

correct. handgun sales go through NH state check but they still run every state of residence.

Used to happen all the time to people when I was working at Shooters.

- - - Updated - - -

They run every state you have resided in.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes

- - - Updated - - -

correct. handgun sales go through NH state check but they still run every state of residence.

How does NH know every state youve resided in? TO figure that out, wouldnt they have to run your name through each state to see if you evger lived there? At that point, they wouldnt just be running "every state youved lived in".

Same here, for me it'll be Wednesday when the three business days is up.
BTW, I did ask if they were OK to release it to me if there was no response within three days and they said yes.
However, in all likelyhood it may be more than a month before I can make it back to that store to pick it up.
Here's why, I'm on vacation this week and staying up near Ossipee, but I live near Nashua and work six days a week, and the shop I'm dealing with is closer to here than to where I live, plus they're closed on Sundays.

Well that sucks. Just make sure you pick it up before the 30 day limit runs out on the background check that was already initiated, otherwise I believe they have to run a new check. [rolleyes]

Well that sucks. Just make sure you pick it up before the 30 day limit runs out on the background check that was already initiated, otherwise I believe they have to run a new check. [rolleyes]

Yeah, I was told about that too,
If it wasn't such a good deal, I would have just said fuhgeddaboudit.

Well called today and still no resolution so I will be picking up my new M&P Shield 9 tomorrow.[smile] Seven freaking days wait because of the holiday but tomorrow I'll get over it. How about you Zappa did you get yours sorted out, hope so.[thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom