Screwed By Mass Today And I Don't Even Live There Anymore

How does the dealer even know you used to live in MA? I assume it just somehow comes up in the POC check?

The 4473 asks for your place of birth, I was born in Mass, so that's what I wrote down.

I asked in the first post if anyone else got delayed yesterday, but nobody replied to that.
Since the Mass system was down, I'm guessing nobody in Mass was able to take home a firearm after 4:00pm yesterday.
The shop I dealt with said they'd call me when the record check came back, but there was no response prior to their 7:00pm closing time .

I went into a NH gun shop today to pick up my new pistol, after waiting an hour for the record check to go through, I went home empty handed thanks to Massachusetts.

No, they didn't find anything that would prevent the sale, the Mass record check system was down and the approval couldn't be processed.

Since I previously resided in Mass, their system is queried as part of the record check, but since they weren't responding, the sale was "delayed" NOT "denied".

The clerk was told by the guy working at the NH record check department that Mass been down for awhile and its created a huge backlog for them.

Anyone else get delayed by this today ???

I swear Mass does this sh*t on purpose just to f^ck with us gun owners.

So glad I got outta' there, but it proves that one can never really get totally free of having their boot on your neck.

[angry2]

It happened to me yesterday in Mass. They couldn't get into the system it was down, I left the store empty handed. Going back today to complete the transaction.

I went into a NH gun shop today to pick up my new pistol, after waiting an hour for the record check to go through, I went home empty handed thanks to Massachusetts.

No, they didn't find anything that would prevent the sale, the Mass record check system was down and the approval couldn't be processed.

Since I previously resided in Mass, their system is queried as part of the record check, but since they weren't responding, the sale was "delayed" NOT "denied".

The clerk was told by the guy working at the NH record check department that Mass been down for awhile and its created a huge backlog for them.

So glad I got outta' there, but it proves that one can never really get totally free of having their boot on your neck.

[angry2]

Yes I got delayed too yesterday and went home minus my new Shield. I used to live in Ma. as well so maybe that is what caused my delay. Thanks for the info.

I was transferring some guns to my dad down in NC, and he got 'delayed' because the e-check system was apparently down earlier this week.

In my experience, the new nics system routinely starts delaying people that need further review after 5pm eastern. If it goes longer than 20 minutes researching, delay. It could be the connection to MA databases, it could be there's no second level people to check them, it could be the system just sucks and is overloaded.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds like NH isnt as free and independent as we think they are.

Here we go again WTF. A little jealous are we? If you read the thread it is Ma. that has caused Zappa's and likely my own delay problem. I also got delayed yesterday in NH probably because a of issues in the Ma. system.

In my experience, the new nics system routinely starts delaying people that need further review after 5pm eastern. If it goes longer than 20 minutes researching, delay. It could be the connection to MA databases, it could be there's no second level people to check them, it could be the system just sucks and is overloaded.

Could be all that and more.

I'm wondering if it also has something to do with the way the fumbled the ball on the background check for the Charleston shooter, and they're

being more cautious by leaving no stone unturned?

It's about as free as MA was 30 years ago, you guys south of the border are still leading the pack in the government tyranny department.... don't worry

You either don't know a lot about Mass gun laws, NH gun laws, or both.

http://www.attorneyfoley.com/history-of-massachusetts-firearms-statutes/

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/new-hampshire/

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/massachusetts/

Last I heard most every semi auto rifle owner in MA is a felon. No one in NH is affected. Laws on the books mean nothing. You can post all the links you can find but it doesn't matter what they say....look around you

Last I heard most every semi auto rifle owner in MA is a felon. No one in NH is affected. Laws on the books mean nothing. You can post all the links you can find but it doesn't matter what they say....look around you

All you're trying to do is stir the shit pot. How many ban-cations have you had?

It's about as free as MA was 30 years ago, you guys south of the border are still leading the pack in the government tyranny department.... don't worry

I don't think so. 30 years ago I was kissing the a$$ of the Chief of my town to get restrictions removed from my LTC. Never heard of anyone in NH having to do that.

[angry2]

Doesn't make any sense.

This is because the NH NICS handgun poc ****ing sucks, doesn't really have anything to do with MA. Maybe they have some weird thing that checks MA DMH but that makes little sense.

-Mike

Yeah, but this "you're from MA so MA computer is being slow/down" excuse is not the first time I've heard this. I've been hearing it on and off from people who bought handguns as
residents in NH for years.

Zappa, were you born in MA? I wonder if it is some squirrelly bullshit that the examiner at the NH nics POC does upon determining your birthplace. that's the only way I can think that they would easily
know that you used to live in MA.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Help me understand how NH even knows you used to live in MA?

I don't recall anything on the 4473 form asking where you live prior to where you do now.

I'm guessing its from the birthplace field.

-Mike

Doesn't make any sense.

This is because the NH NICS handgun poc ****ing sucks, doesn't really have anything to do with MA. Maybe they have some weird thing that checks MA DMH but that makes little sense.

-Mike

Yes, yes it does. RI has a better system where if you have a town carry permit, you don't need to spend a half hour to an hour sitting in the gun shop waiting for a call back from the state like NH requires. You fill out the papers and that's about it. I believe the gun shop checks in with the local PD however it does not take anywhere near as long as NH does.

Over 24 hours has elapsed and I'm still waiting for the phone call from the shop saying I'm OK to take my new toy home.

Same here, I left Riley's at about 12:30 yesterday so it's well over 24 hours for me too. With the holiday and weekend to contend with I guess I'll be waiting now till Thursday of next week. Sucks waiting and can't help but worry a little when you never had it happen before.

Yes, yes it does. RI has a better system where if you have a town carry permit, you don't need to spend a half hour to an hour sitting in the gun shop waiting for a call back from the state like NH requires. You fill out the papers and that's about it. I believe the gun shop checks in with the local PD however it does not take anywhere near as long as NH does.
So do a lot of other states. Apparently no else on this board who is from NH wants it though. They are all so sure that constitutional carry will pass (I doubt it) and that any kind of "option" for a permit cleared background check would suddenly become mandatory. What I do see happening if Hitlery and her state-level comrades win is permanent waiting periods again. Just my .02

I was born in Mass, and the worst I've ever had was a 2hr wait for the NH POC to give the green light. I've done transfers early in the morning, Middle of the Day, and at like 830p as the shop was closing. I've seen 5 minutes to the extreme of 2 hours. There's no rhyme or reason that anyone is willing to share and if it really is a database problem, the MA IT guys should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

I believe the problem was strictly with the Massachusetts computer system. I was in a local gun shop and they could not access MIRCS. Then when listening to my scanner I heard more than local PD that could not access RMV records for an extended period of time.

Back
Top Bottom