Saiga ak74

Got to try one of these the other day at the range and fell in love. What a great rifle. Very accurate and almost no recoil. Does anyone know how much these rifles run and who sells them?

Bought one through MFL ( the link in Ed's post ) and love mine. For about five fifty, you can walk out the door with the rifle and 1080 rounds. Keep in mind that you will have to convert it to a pistol grip and what not. I used Carolina Shooters Supply for my conversion. Good prices and was at my door in three days. Good luck and have fun with it.

It was the 5.45 and looks just like the one in your link. Thanks for the info. What is the differance between the $400 version and the $800 version?

It was the 5.45 and looks just like the one in your link. Thanks for the info. What is the differance between the $400 version and the $800 version?

The difference is the $800 gun is already "converted." With a regular saiga you have to convert it to take normal mags, add the pistol grip, etc....

-Mike

Just Finished Upgrading my Saiga 7.62x39 Today

I bought a used Saiga for 350 bucks and spent quite a bit more than that getting it to be a pretty kick ass AK. Came out a little front heavy due to the quad rail system. I may eventually install a lighter rail but for now it's ok as is. Shoots great too. Put about 300 flawless rounds thru it so far.

IMG_0515.jpg IMG_0514.jpg IMG_0513.jpg IMG_0512.jpg

I had a friend give me a stock that he had bought for his Saiga and didn't use. So it was cheaper for me to use a factory setup instead of moving the trigger group. I have shot a "converted" Saiga and now mine and I can't tell the difference.

I would be very interested in doing a Saiga conversion on my own, but it looks like I need a drill press, which I don't have. I don't think it would be difficult to get access to one though.

I would be very interested in doing a Saiga conversion on my own, but it looks like I need a drill press, which I don't have. I don't think it would be difficult to get access to one though.

No need for a drill press. I used a dremel and, having done it, I think it would've been OK to do with a regular drill, if you were careful.
Though, I think if you wanted to do a bullet guide, you'd need a drill press.
Mine didn't need one.

If you buy one of the bullet guide kits and use what they send you can get away with using a hand drill. I watched a guy at my body shop do his in about 5 minutes.

All you need is a the BG kit, a drill, center punch, tap handle, and cutting fluid. Dinzag's kits are top notch but take a little while to ship.

A dremel, a regular Dewalt drill, a pair of needle nose pliers, a hammer and punch set, the BG kit, and 2 vise grips are all I used to do my conversion.

Trust me, if you can use a dremel, you can do this conversion.

Back
Top Bottom