I miss saiga's and vepr's :(

I was thankfully able to buy a 7.62x54R vepr from a fellow neser but would have loved to get a 16" 308. I still find them on gunbroker but sadly nothing local.

I sold my 308 saiga to help fund my move out of MA. It was worth it, but I do wish I still had it.

In truth, I wish I bought 3 of each when they were $350 rifles that people couldn't give away.

I bought and own too many Saigas. No veprs...

I forget when I bought my VEPR AK, but I remember paying $350 for it (and it's still unfired). [smile]

Now they're going for at least 4 times that price.

I was thankfully able to buy a 7.62x54R vepr from a fellow neser but would have loved to get a 16" 308. I still find them on gunbroker but sadly nothing local.

I'd love a 7.62x54r VEPR... In my opinion it's a great round to shoot, despite the cheap surplus drying up. I've been itching for something other than a mosin to shoot it though. I guess I could always sell my truck to afford an SVT. But then I'd have no way to get it to the range!

Every time i see a pic of one i kick myself in the ass for not buying more when we could.
This is a sentiment I feel just about every day over a lot more than just veprs and saigas. The deals I remember weren’t even that good and I still kick my for saying “I’ll get it next summer.”

I was browsing RnR in Belchertown 4 summers ago a time or two every week and each time passed on $550 wasr10s. If I were back there I’d buy out the wrack and every AR lower they had.

I try to take less for granted now.

I ordered one from Brian at B&K. I was going back and forth on calibers and I guess left him with the impression I wanted both a .223 and 7.62x39. So accidentally I ended up with both calibers. Glad that happened!

I have a couple Saiga shotguns too. 12 gauge and .410. More toys for the boys!

I bought and own too many Saigas. No veprs...

I waited too long on getting a Vepr, but I do have a 7.62x39 Saiga. If either Saiga or Vepr were still as plentiful, I would have already gotten one or both in 5.45. Debated getting an Arsenal (SLR-106) since I imagine someday they could dry up, but yesterday I ended up getting a BCM upper instead.

I haven't shot it in a while but it is a cool gun. So's the .410, actually. Get some of that Federal .410 buckshot and it's an easy to shoot home defense shotgun. I'll shoot the 12 gauge but for the elderly or disabled who can't handle the recoil, the .410 a nice gun.

I have a couple of 5.56 and a couple of 7.62 and regret not picking up a 12 gauge, but I have nine 12 gauge shotguns already... [sad]

I was selling a Sig 1911 a while back, ended up trading it for a converted Saiga in 5.45, and approx 1200 rds of 5.45. It would take serious financial hardship for me to even consider selling it. I'm still kicking myself over passing up on the x54r VEPR and Saiga 12 I had a chance to get back before the prices exploded.

Back
Top Bottom