• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK74

lol i havent bought it lol, wanted to ask for this exact reason
Is it for sale from a dealer or private sale?
Most dealers aren't going to hand you an obviously non-compliant gun
Private sale - do your homework on what compliance is required then make your decision based on your own risk tolerance.
No tolerance - walk away
DGAF - rock that bad boy in its factory config.

Is it for sale from a dealer or private sale?
Most dealers aren't going to hand you an obviously non-compliant gun
Private sale - do your homework on what compliance is required then make your decision based on your own risk tolerance.
No tolerance - walk away
DGAF - rock that bad boy in its factory config.
Its is a Private sale. I was under the impression that it was preban but it appears upon further prying it is not. I feel like it may not be worth the risk. After a day at the Littleton mill, not sure if i want to go down that road again if u know what i mean.

Its is a Private sale. I was under the impression that it was preban but it appears upon further prying it is not. I feel like it may not be worth the risk. After a day at the Littleton mill, not sure if i want to go down that road again if u know what i mean.
If it's priced as a preban then laugh at the guy and walk away.
If it's well priced and you want it the grab it and get the compliance work done, or not.

If it's priced as a preban then laugh at the guy and walk away.
If it's well priced and you want it the grab it and get the compliance work done, or not.
ok, it has a fixed stock, (wood) and other than that looks like a regular AK, What would probably need to be worked on for it?

I purchased a Sar 2 in MA in 2001. Totally legal. My first AK when ammo and mags were super cheap. Lots of trigger slap. They were all post 1994 so no bayo lug or flash hider or even threaded barrel if I remember correctly. If you wanted a brake, you’d have to thread the barrrel and permanently attached it. Like I said, all legal.

Keep in mind 5.45x39mm to feed that AK-74 clone is superrrrrrrrr expensive now.

Hasnt been cheap in years. Last I bought was Hornady Black for $1 a round, FML. (crazy part is that ammo is now SOLD OUT ontop of it AimSurplus, LLC )

Keep in mind 5.45x39mm to feed that AK-74 clone is superrrrrrrrr expensive now.

Hasnt been cheap in years. Last I bought was Hornady Black for $1 a round, FML. (crazy part is that ammo is now SOLD OUT ontop of it AimSurplus, LLC )
I sold my AK74 on here I think out of a concern for ammo availability - and that was over 10 years ago.

what is the deal with buying a AK that was it in the state in the 2001 but not pre1994. is that a no no? legal or illegal? MASSACHUESETTS

Typical NES. Lol...

If the rifle was registered in MA before 2006 (edit: brainfart - correct year for Healey is 2016- thanks for pointing out) you can buy it. But hurry- come Jun-Jul you might not be able to. Depending on who you ask you can buy it (as long as it has its killy features neutered, because a bayonet lug is extra killy) even if it was registered after 2016 in MA, but YMMV. Go read also on the 922r requirement.

Best of luck
A

Last edited:
Typical NES. Lol...

If the rifle was registered in MA before 2006 (Healey) you can buy it. But hurry- come Jun-Jul you might not be able to. Depending on who you ask you can buy it (as long as it has its killy features neutered, because a bayonet lug is extra killy) even if it was registered after 2006 in MA, but YMMV. Go read also on the 922r requirement.

Best of luck
A
The 2006 date is not only wrong but a red herring
Healy is 2016 not 2006
And the declaration was an opinion not supported by history or law.

What happens in the future with up coming laws has essentially nothing to do with the current conversation.
The OP states the gun was in state as of 2002 so would even pass the stricter senate grandfathering language.

Back
Top Bottom