Solar Tactical AK47 MFER Magazine Enhancement

Lord0fWar

NES Member
Had a friend in the industry point me in the direction of Solar Tactical, specifically a product known as the AK47 MFER. The MFER is a bolt on part for 90% of AK weapons systems. It provides a "funnel" for you to do faster magazine changes. By providing a larger surface area, it allows the user to reload faster and more efficiently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate this Magpul Dynamics driven trend of calling a gun/rifle a "weapons system".

George Carlin would have a field day with that if he were still alive and a gun nut. "Hmm. It used to be a gun . . 1 syllable, simple, neat, quick. Now its a WEAPONS SYSTEM. 4 syllables of good old american horse s41t doubletalk"

I hate this Magpul Dynamics driven trend of calling a gun/rifle a "weapons system".

George Carlin would have a field day with that if he were still alive and a gun nut. "Hmm. It used to be a gun . . 1 syllable, simple, neat, quick. Now its a WEAPONS SYSTEM. 4 syllables of good old american horse s41t doubletalk"

It's a weapon capable of carrying equipment to finish a particular job.

When you start adding a light/IR laser/illum/m203 you add complexity and more training. It becomes a system.

I dunno, my gun is for fun.

It's a weapon capable of carrying equipment to finish a particular job.

When you start adding a light/IR laser/illum/m203 you add complexity and more training. It becomes a system.

Sounds like a gun to me.

I recently had a handgun student who had never fired a gun before, but had watched every magpul dynamics training video ever made. (He bit torrented them, of course)

I have to say that he taught me a lot. ; -) (you should lead someone by quite a bit when shooting them from a moving helicopter is one gem I picked up)

Don

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping for something solar-powered and tacticool. This is boring and efficient [sad]

It actually does look pretty good. Those AK mags can be a pain in the ass to get in. It even looks like its made out of plastic. . . oops sorry "High density fiber reinforced tactical polymer", so it won't scratch up the receiver.

Sounds like a gun to me.

I recently had a handgun student who had never fired a gun before, but had watched every magpul dynamics training video ever made. (He bit torrented them, of course)

I have to say that he taught me a lot. ; -) (you should lead someone by quite a bit when shooting them from a moving helicopter is one gem I picked up)

If you're shooting from a helicopter or any other moving platform you need to lag your target. Simple physics.

I'll be the first to admit that while I've seen clips of the Magpul DVDs, I've never actually sat down and watched one from start to finish...I spend too much time on the range ACTUALLY training...DVDs are supplemental for rainy days (when you should still be training but are afraid you'll melt).

That being said, gun, firearm, weapon, weapons system, weapons platform (a gun you stand on?) in the end...it all means the same doesnt it?

Back
Top Bottom