• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ak74

Where the hell are they all I've been looking for one for like a year haven't seen one. Seen tons of ammo for them but it's like a damn magical unicorn. I also live in nh now so it's not like I'm even looking in a place where any msr is hard to find. The closest thing I've even seen is a vepr in a spotter version with a thumb hole stock and bull barrel

There's some on Gunbroker though not a huge selection. The 5.45x39 ammo doesn't look all that common to me. I always felt the 74 and the 5.45x39 were never as common as the 47 and 7.62x39

I thought this ammo was restricted since most of it is surplus from Russia? I know some companies make brass cased in the US but it's expensive.

You might have to search by "5.45" rather then "AK74". People call anything in 7.62x30 an 'AK47', when it comes to less common AKs people seem to list caliber and actual designation like 'Arsenal SGL-31'

I thought this ammo was restricted since most of it is surplus from Russia? I know some companies make brass cased in the US but it's expensive.

Ammo is less common since the Russian 7N6 is restricted. But other steel stuff like Brown Bear and such is not too expensive.

I have a Sagia AK74 it's one of my favorite rifles to take to the range. On one range trip this summer a man offered me 1200 for it. I turned it down because I don't like to sell any of my firearms.

Doubtful, sanctions are still in place and 7N6 isn't available unless the new president changes some things.

I have a DDI AK74 it's a nice rifle. Much easier to find 7.62x39 Surplus mags and ammo.

Not sure I would recommend going a 74 at this point. I'd stick to the 7.62 variety and keep an eye out for someone to produce a 5.56 variant domestically.

Where the hell are they all I've been looking for one for like a year haven't seen one. Seen tons of ammo for them but it's like a damn magical unicorn. I also live in nh now so it's not like I'm even looking in a place where any msr is hard to find. The closest thing I've even seen is a vepr in a spotter version with a thumb hole stock and bull barrel

Might have to order one since they are not that common. Atlantic Firearms has them online.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ak-47-74-rifles/ak-74-rifles.html

Back
Top Bottom