S&W bodyguard .380

IMO they are the same, there is no reason for a DAO auto to be different for MA. I doubt there is an MA specific SKU for the BG380.

Gunbroker is thin on these, though, so the usual "buy it remotely" wallhack doesn't apply. The guys that are selling them there are running open auctions on them, no buyout price.

-Mike

It seems they are sold out and out of stock across the country as well. I did find some places listing them for $349 free shipping though.

I bought one from a member here. Neat little gun, but a bit too small for my mitts. Sold it to a friend. Mine was slightly used and came with an extra mag, holster, hydroshocks, golden sabers and the box and papers.
What are they getting for them new?

There seems to be still some issues with the BG, i want to get one but i think i am going to wait until more of the kinks are worked out

I hadn't really seen anything recent. A lot of those are from the summer of 2010 or older. Everything i found pointed to the fact that serial number EAFxxxx and later haven't had many if any problems.

I'm not passing judgment, just showing off my goggle-foo, (insert sarcasm icon here) I'm actually waiting for one myself so I can try it out and make my own decision. $350 is short money if it fills the bill.

Last edited:
I would like to get one but won't until I've had a chance to shoot it first. I am worried that holding he grip with only two fingers may be problematic.

I am also wondering what this BG craze is going to do to the availability of .380 ammo.

The problems with the BG were limited to serials EAAxxxx and some EABxxxx's. Mine is EAH39xx and seems good so far. I havent heard of any problems with the later serials.

I would like to get one but won't until I've had a chance to shoot it first. I am worried that holding he grip with only two fingers may be problematic.

I am also wondering what this BG craze is going to do to the availability of .380 ammo.

Its a bitch to hold onto and rapid fire without the extension on the mag. Otherwise that extension give you plenty to hold onto.

The problems with the BG were limited to serials EAAxxxx and some EABxxxx's. Mine is EAH39xx and seems good so far. I havent heard of any problems with the later serials.

Found this on another forum:

Re: Broken Striker/Firing Pin - 2 lost buttons in 2 guns.

"Picked up my BG 380 on 12/31/2010. Ran 30 rounds through it before the striker/firing pin broke. Serial number series EAF. S&W is sending shipping label. I hope they can improve the trigger also. This really stinks."

I think people need to look at the gun from the standpoint of why it was created, it's not a target gun or a plinker, it's a gun to be used when you need to defend yourself, and as such it's going to have the heavy trigger and be a little jumpy do to it's size.

So if you look at the gun from the perspective of why it was made, it's a great gun.

THIS, FS isn't the only dealer around! contrary to popular opinion.

MA FFL cockfights aside, all the major dealers in MA are going to have issues getting these. Some of the distributors are now pulling tricks with them, too... "Oh, we can get you one.. but it's $50 more than the old price. " [rolleyes]

-Mike

I think people need to look at the gun from the standpoint of why it was created, it's not a target gun or a plinker, it's a gun to be used when you need to defend yourself, and as such it's going to have the heavy trigger and be a little jumpy do to it's size.

So if you look at the gun from the perspective of why it was made, it's a great gun.

I just picked one up today is not jumpy but the trigger is heavy and mad long to me it felt like more then 10 pound trigger, but still like it good gun

I shot mine for the 2nd time yesterday and put 50 rounds throughout it. Twice after the 2nd or 3rd round was fired, the slide stop engaged locking the slide open. Hope that was just an anomaly and not a sign of things to come. I have serial EAH39xx.

I was tired of waiting for them to arrive at FS, walked into Bobs G & A in Oxford and picked one up. Same price too. Nice guy, easy to deal with.

Picked up one of these from a fellow NES'r last night. Put 100 rounds through it at AFS. 50 rounds of American Eagle were fine; no fails. With the box of Prvi Partizan ammo, just about every other round I had to double tap to get it to fire. Now I have to find some ammo that this gun likes and I trust. I picked up some Hornady Critical Defense FTX on the way home with a Bass Pro gift card I had. I am more inclined to say that the Serbian ammo was junk. Laser is zero'd enough @ 7-10 yds but is off by 15 yds on out. I'll need to do some adjustment on it. Long heavy trigger as expected but it sure does conceal better than my M&P Pro!

-JR

Last edited:
I have 250 rounds of Federal American Eagle with no malfunctions. I also bought the Hornady CD but have not test fired it yet.

Wore mine in a Crossbreed Minituck all day long like it wasn't even there. That's why I bought this gun....outta sight, outta mind, but always there.

-JR

Back
Top Bottom