• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W bodyguard .380

Not sure who has them in stock. Usually FS gets some in every week but they sell out just as fast as them get them. I bought one there and sold it to my friend. I wish I had it for now.

Last edited:
I was talking to my friend last night. We live on the north shore. He said he called every reputable dealer in MA he could find and no one had them in stock. I did ask if he tried collectors though and he told me he didn't i don't think he realized they were a decent size dealer by the name. I just didn't realize the backlog was as long as it was.

Also I was just thinking. It might be worth a call to S&W. Does anyone know if all the BG's are built the same for every state or is there a "MA" version. As far as i know because it is DA and has the safety the trigger is the same, I'm pretty sure they all have the hole for the LCI. The only thing I can think of is the other ones might not have the 2nd serial number.

Actually i just looked online real quick. For once it looks like the pricing in MA is cheaper than other states

Last edited:
I may be going to S&W this week to try one out. I'll let you know if they are in stock.

Carl at FS told me a 4-6 week wait yesterday. If your even thinking of getting one you should get your name on some lists. You can always say you have changed your mind when you get the call.

I was just at Zero hour Arms in Easton and they had one in the case that looked like it have never been shot.

That model is a demo model (for people to see/play with) and it is not for sale. They did say that they sell the ones they get in on a first come, first serve, basis, so you have to call the shop periodically if you are interested in one of them... but be aware you won't be the only person doing that. [laugh]

Decent looking little gun, although the laser is kinda clumsy to turn on... you have to press too hard to activate it. At least the customer doesn't have to pay extra for the laser, but on the other hand it would be nice if they sold a version without it.

-Mike

That model is a demo model (for people to see/play with) and it is not for sale. They did say that they sell the ones they get in on a first come, first serve, basis, so you have to call the shop periodically if you are interested in one of them... but be aware you won't be the only person
doing that. [laugh]

-Mike

Bobs in Salisbury, MA does the same thing, I'm sure all the phone calls the gun shops are getting are annoying though.

Bobs in Salisbury, MA does the same thing, I'm sure all the phone calls the gun shops are getting are annoying though.

Maybe, but if you think about it it might be less obnoxious for the shop than a waiting list.

-Mike

this is true. I might try to call S&W tomorrow. I'm still curious to know if all the BG's are made the same for every state or if we have a special ma**h*** version.

IMO they are the same, there is no reason for a DAO auto to be different for MA. I doubt there is an MA specific SKU for the BG380.

Gunbroker is thin on these, though, so the usual "buy it remotely" wallhack doesn't apply. The guys that are selling them there are running open auctions on them, no buyout price.

-Mike

north east trading co is a 2 month wait. but i'm on the list for two.

Wow, people want these that badly that they're willing to be put on the Rat's waiting list..... [rofl] I guess demand IS pretty high!

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom