• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Airweight

I like Mika pocket holsters. I don't see the point of putting an airweight in a belt holster. If I'm going to wear a cover garment and carry in a belt holster, then I can conceal a gun that is a heck of a lot easier to shoot and has higher capacity than an airweight.

For me, an airweight is a pocket gun.

I like Mika pocket holsters. I don't see the point of putting an airweight in a belt holster. If I'm going to wear a cover garment and carry in a belt holster, then I can conceal a gun that is a heck of a lot easier to shoot and has higher capacity than an airweight.

For me, an airweight is a pocket gun.

+1 a Mika pocket holster works great with my 642 or 638.
-mike

Thanks M1911 and mikey98e! I tried to carry it iwb - did not work. Shop I bought the 642 from said NOT to pocket carry this gun?

I looked at Mika and they look good. Would you recommend round or square?

Thanks M1911 and mikey98e! I tried to carry it iwb - did not work. Shop I bought the 642 from said NOT to pocket carry this gun? I looked at Mika and they look good. Would you recommend round or square?

It is designed exactly FOR pocket carry. Perhaps the folks at the gun store did not understand that you meant pocket carry with a pocket holster and were instead trying to tell you to not just put it in your pocket (which is good advice). Or perhaps they were just full of it, which happens sometimes.

As for your holster question, that depends upon the pockets in your pants. If the pockets are cut square, then get a square Mika holster. If the pockets are cut round then get round.

Nothing beats my Nate Squared original style (also N82). I carry a S&W 638 in it. I forget that I have it on. Drive an hour each way to work, standing/walking around most of the day, completely happy with it.

Last edited:
I gave up my N82 IWB for a Triple-K OWB holster. A 642 rides nice and high and is as concealable as any other holster/gun combo I use.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Nice light Jframe feels perfect in a cheap Uncle Mikes or a cheap Blackhawk from Wallmart. I put a little bit ducktape around mine and it holds the shape better. There are more expensive- better options but if you want to keep it under 15 and do the job nicely.....

Des antis nemesis pocket holster - comfortable and stays in your pocket when you draw the gun

This.
A SW airweight is a pocket gun, IMO, cuz if I'm gonna carry something IWB or OWB it's gonna be bigger than a SW 642/642 anyways, so if you're looking to carry the 442/642, most people I know that have it carry exclusively pocket (mine in my Desantis Nemesis also).

This.
A SW airweight is a pocket gun, IMO, cuz if I'm gonna carry something IWB or OWB it's gonna be bigger than a SW 642/642 anyways, so if you're looking to carry the 442/642, most people I know that have it carry exclusively pocket (mine in my Desantis Nemesis also).

+ another 1 for DeSantis Nemesis pocket carry

637-1.jpg 637-2.jpg

I use a uncle mikes IWB - I am not big enough to pull of a pocket carry. My pocket looks like I am 12 yrs old, with $50 of quarters in an arcade.

Stop wearing skinny jeans.

lol - i guess that is my problem. I so desperately want to hip and a metro sexual that all i have is yoga pants and skinny jeans. I will reevaluate my pants and my pocket carry dilemma.

Back
Top Bottom