• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W .380 Bodyguard Hype?

I have seen one before. It is built well but has a horrible trigger. That said, it conceals really nice and has a laser which would allow for better accuracy - if you have time to turn it on. I may wish to get one being that is is so much like a micro Glock. The fit and finish is nice, too.

Is the hype over? Seen a lot of these turn up in the classifieds lately, been thinking about one as an ankle/pocket gun id be more comfortable wearing to work but is there something in particular people dont like about them or trying to make up for an impulse buy while theyre still hot?

There are a lot of people who buy the gun du jour just for the sake of buying it and then dumping it. I doubt any of the ones listed in the ads will last very long if they are fairly priced.

-Mike

Since I'm old, cheap, and hate most change, I can't see the advantage to carrying such a gun. I sit here in my nice warm cuddlepants wearing a 38 special S&W 642 in a SmartCarry holster and am happy as a clam at high tide. Plus the 38 special caliber will do the job a little better to boot.

I've handled both and although the differences are very small it makes a world of a difference when handling it. The weight and size difference seems greater in person than what they appear on paper as numbers. But that's just imo.

+1

Since I'm old, cheap, and hate most change, I can't see the advantage to carrying such a gun. I sit here in my nice warm cuddlepants wearing a 38 special S&W 642 in a SmartCarry holster and am happy as a clam at high tide. Plus the 38 special caliber will do the job a little better to boot.

I agree, but the .38 snubbys are round and bulbous I carry one in my pocket in a pocket holster. I just bought the Bodyguard Saturday, I didn’t think I’d like the feel or the size, as of 1 day out I love the gun. The Bodyguard is the same size as my Iver Johnson TP-22 but lighter. I never had confidence in a .380 or a 9mm for that fact but the little bodyguard does fill a nitch quite nicely. I’ll really appreciate the size this summer while I’m wearing a t-shirt and shorts. I do feel it’s better to go small than have nothing at all. Until then, my 642 will be my companion.

Back
Top Bottom