• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian's halting export of 7.62 ???

Well, I have a new AK and no ammo for it......

So I bought 5 cases today

I just went back to check and my distributor is now sold out across the board on 7.62

WOW!!!!

Holliston had the 500 round boxes on sale, so i bought 2. Not to hoard, but because I was down to less than 1 range trip's worth of it.

And let's face facts...it's easier to get than effing .22 these days.

On sale for $189 per box? Almost 40 cents a round for steel cased x39? I'd pass on that.

I was just on a ammo searching site and about half of the places are showing out of stock. panic buying taking affect.

Yeah you can definitely get it cheaper online still.

The panic buying is maddening enough, but with the online ammo restriction in MA, we're pretty much limited to the 7.62x39 the LGS's have in stock.

Once that's depleted, our primary source is gone.

Thats funny i found it today for $8.50 a box in stores or $5.79 online.

When that stock runs out and retailers, online or otherwise need to reorder, prices will go up to match. I saw plenty of 7.62x39 in NH today at .27 -.33/round. We'll see if those prices hold. I know when I asked about Golden Tiger, they had sold out that morning...

When that stock runs out and retailers, online or otherwise need to reorder, prices will go up to match. I saw plenty of 7.62x39 in NH today at .27 -.33/round. We'll see if those prices hold. I know when I asked about Golden Tiger, they had sold out that morning...

Hit up Collectable Arms in Merrimack, had plenty of GT 7.62x39 and 5.45x39. Limit 1 case @ $250

300 for steel case is too high. 250 tops.

Yeah, I mean I just turned 21 last January and got my LTC in May of '13, so all I've ever known is this post-sandy hook ammo craze. I always considered the constantly available 762x39 at $300/case to be reasonable vs what 5.56 guys pay for their SHTF ammo. But now? Who knows.

Umm.... Why is it on the shelf then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make. There is a difference between buying it because you need some and buying it because it's there and you think 'oh no, it might be gone if I don't get it now'. This is why none of us can find 22LR to shoot, for example. Some people camp out at Walmart and scoop it all up when they already have 5000 rounds at home. Congrats, now you have 6000 rounds that you won't shoot anytime soon, and the rest of us who want a brick to go the range are shit out of luck.

Fear mongering, backdoor gun control, panic buying, whatever. It happens every now and then and trickles down. For example... when there was no 223 or 9mm, people started shooting 22lr. Then when everyone saw 40S&W was available, that started going. If 7.62x39 dries up, (insert random fictional character name here) help me, I may have to build an AR or 223/5.56 Saiga because ammo seems to be everywhere now.

I think you're misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make. There is a difference between buying it because you need some and buying it because it's there and you think 'oh no, it might be gone if I don't get it now'. This is why none of us can find 22LR to shoot, for example. Some people camp out at Walmart and scoop it all up when they already have 5000 rounds at home. Congrats, now you have 6000 rounds that you won't shoot anytime soon, and the rest of us who want a brick to go the range are shit out of luck.

It's simple, supply cannot keep up with demand. More people are shooting and supply can't keep up. I think it's great that people are arming themselves and creating such a stir.... Sends a strong message.

It's simple, supply cannot keep up with demand. More people are shooting and supply can't keep up. I think it's great that people are arming themselves and creating such a stir.... Sends a strong message.

I don't disagree with the supply and demand aspect. Sure, there are more people in the market now, but there are also hoarders who buy it because they are paranoid that it will be sold out for prolonged periods. Those people cause others to freak out and do the same whenever they find it, and it just snowballs from there.

I agree that it's great to have more shooters joining the club. Strength in numbers, as they say.

Fear mongering, backdoor gun control, panic buying, whatever. It happens every now and then and trickles down. For example... when there was no 223 or 9mm, people started shooting 22lr. Then when everyone saw 40S&W was available, that started going. If 7.62x39 dries up, (insert random fictional character name here) help me, I may have to build an AR or 223/5.56 Saiga because ammo seems to be everywhere now.

Yeah, funny how quick that 5.56 shortage ended all of a sudden. It's pretty much stocked up with no limit everywhere I've been lately.

Yeah, funny how quick that 5.56 shortage ended all of a sudden. It's pretty much stocked up with no limit everywhere I've been lately.

And it's funny how the price went up 7 cents a round minimum.

hey - I hit up Wally World about once a week before work - buy whatever they have that I shoot. If that bothers you because there isn't any on the shelf when you meander in on a Sunday afternoon - well then get your ass out of bed and get into Wally World in the AM.

If you can't be bothered to make even that minimal effort - well then it isn't that important to you is it...

Back
Top Bottom