Russian's halting export of 7.62 ???

It's probably BS right now, but with Obuma starting to put in sanctions yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if this turned into reality fairly quick. It also may not be that Russia will not send it to the US. With sanctions it could be that we will not accept it coming into the US. Kinda like Cuban cigars...... Hope not, but when it comes to sanctions against a country everything changes.

Since its cold, you'll probably be wearing a jacket, so you'll be ok. Shooting it in the summer with a t-shirt sucks (for me) - standing is much better than sitting, however.

I'm going to shoot it from a rest......try to see what kind of group I can get out of "ivan" at 75 yards. Heard they shoot high......gonna bring some shrink tubing and try to raise the front post if need be by slipping some over the post. Its a "project" for my buy and I so it'll be fun.

Watching this situation closely. I'm not giving into fear mongering and at the same time don't want to get caught without stock.

I caved and bought a case this morning. What people don't seem to understand is that imported shipments don't have to come to a halt for it to dry up. People going crazy and buying extra ammo on a whim will cause the wells to run dry.

Back in the Cold War days their were similar long term sanctions in place between the USSR, Europe and the US. See how well that worked for 40 years during that time. Russia could care less. EU needs oil and they will not risk losing the Russian pipeline. They can saber rattle all they want but Putin is no dummy. He know the EU will not do much and he could care less what we do. We've painted ourselves into being inconsequential for a while now.

I heard something about sanctions on the news this morning and heard the words weapons and supplies mentioned. Panic buying has already started.

Uuuuugghghghghghghghghghghghgh, I hope this doesn't last. Cheap and plentiful ammo was definitely a huge plus of owning AKs.

I have more than enough stockpiled to make them worth owning, but this will definitely affect my willingness to shoot them regularly.

A friend of mine checked 4 of his online sources for 7.62x39 (he lives in NH) and they are sold out......sounds like the rush is on.

Russian 7.62x39 is currently sold out on all the distributors we have checked.

Cheapest 20 round boxes currently available are $13.49 with one and $16.17 with another (these are the distributer prices).

Holy hell.

- - - Updated - - -

On the bright side, I may have just figured out how to pay for my kid's college.

Are you kidding me
695.gif

A friend of mine checked 4 of his online sources for 7.62x39 (he lives in NH) and they are sold out......sounds like the rush is on.

My online source currently has 44 500 round cases of brown bear, 19 500 round cases of Golden bear and 15 500 round cases of Silverbear at normal pricing. They had almost double that amount just last week. Also they had 30-40 crates of mosin ammo a couple weeks ago but it is now all wiped out. The panic is underway.

Still plenty of 5.45, Surplus and noncorrosive.

Last edited:
Wait, shouldn't 5.45 be the one disappearing? I mean if the bullets start flying over there 80-90% of it's going to be 5.45 amirite?

I'm going to shoot it from a rest......try to see what kind of group I can get out of "ivan" at 75 yards. Heard they shoot high......gonna bring some shrink tubing and try to raise the front post if need be by slipping some over the post. Its a "project" for my buy and I so it'll be fun.

Shoot for the dick and you'll hit em in the chest.

I have tons of 7.62X39 that I want to get rid of....come in and get it. I don't do enough AK business to keep much in stock so come in and pick up a case. Brown Bear 500 rounds for $189 as many cases as you want.

Shoot for the dick and you'll hit em in the chest.

That's a technique! But I'm gonna play around with it to see if I get point of aim=point of impact :)

Oh....and using those exact words with my boy might get me in trouble with the old lady![rofl]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom