• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian's halting export of 7.62 ???

That really sucks ass! I literally just picked up 4 boxes of Tula last night at Dick's "just because". I have a lot of it, but I tend to always grab a few boxes of whatever ammo I find that is reasonably priced, and they had a 3 box limit, but the guy let me grab an extra because I told him I was only looking to buy 4 anyway. Guess I'm going back to get more today!

Yeah I'm really hoping it's not true either. As if we need more ammo to start drying up, like .22 ammo. Most of the online ammo distributors I buy from are quickly selling out or have limited cases left. Just 1-2 weeks ago they were all stocked pretty well.

I might be picking up another case of golden tiger x39 from Collectable Arms later this morning on my way home from VT just in case.

Lots of hysteria on this lately with the Crimean Crisis ongoing. So far it looks like heresay, I'm still seeing 7.62x39 just about everywhere I go. Probably a marketing ploy.

I just got a Sig 556R last month because I noticed that the 7.62x39 was so inexpensive, relatively speaking. I didn't see anything in Google News about this, so maybe it's just a rumor. Really hits a nerve though. Soon there will be nothing left but .40 pistol ammo. And I'll stop shooting entirely before I buy something that shoots .40.

Wolf is Ukranian, right? Wouldnt the US buy more of their ammo, since they are fighting against Russia in this conflict?

Is the issue here military surplus ammo or new production ammo?

Lots of hysteria on this lately with the Crimean Crisis ongoing. So far it looks like heresay, I'm still seeing 7.62x39 just about everywhere I go. Probably a marketing ploy.

Being that cargo from Europe is 90% shipped by vessel if this is true the supply won't be effected for about 30-40 days as what is in the "pipeline" is still coming in. Just a fact.

Being that cargo from Europe is 90% shipped by vessel if this is true the supply won't be effected for about 30-40 days as what is in the "pipeline" is still coming in. Just a fact.

Well that may be true, but if word spreads, it will go full retard panic mode with people stockpiling (like .22), and the market will still dry up overnight.

The Russian Ammo "shortage" and the article about Russia banning is a bunch of pure BS !!!

The written article does not name one Russian Ammo exporter BY NAME to establish creditability.

This is the same BS that always happens when some outside event happens and it start a ammo run/panic for buying and creates a shortage!

Will it happen in the future? Maybe .

If it does I am sure the American distributers will be reporting it left and right!

Till that time this is just another example of chicken little's gunning around warning the sky is falling and causing another caliber ammo shortage![banghead]

My unopened case of 7.62x39 suddenly does not look like a lot anymore.

I've got 2 unopened cases and debating whether or not to pick up another lol. The ammo will be used over the next year or so. I'm thinking if I can buy what's available now at a fair price and possibly avoid needing to overpay in the future, it's worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they really that bad? I just got one.....will be firing it tomorrow.

I had to get one of those gel filled pads for my M44. I'm a thin dude at 6' ~160lbs so my shoulder takes a beating. The pad really makes shooting it much more enjoyable I think.

Back
Top Bottom