Russian's halting export of 7.62 ???

It's great that it's not "real", but that is not going to stop the tinfoiler knitting circle types from getting frrothed into a lather and causing a shortage. Bear in mind all the other shortages we've had in the past couple of years have all been artificially induced by mass hysteria, more or less. A large portion of the new gun buyers are dumber than a box of rocks and will buy into this crap at the drop of a hat.

-Mike

It's great that it's not "real", but that is not going to stop the tinfoiler knitting circle types from getting frrothed into a lather and causing a shortage. Bear in mind all the other shortages we've had in the past couple of years have all been artificially induced by mass hysteria, more or less. A large portion of the new gun buyers are dumber than a box of rocks and will buy into this crap at the drop of a hat.

-Mike
It really does show how fragile the supply chain is that rumors like this can rid the free world of a caliber for sale in a matter of weeks...

The "well, I'll just shoot 22LR only for a little while" great empty-ammo-dust-bowl is still with us a year+ on... [laugh]

That wasn't even a caliber panic per se, just a response to other calibers MIA...

People bitch about "panicky gun owners" and "our own worst" enemy, but this is the epitome of what is wrong with highly regulated markets. They have non-linear disruptions from unpredictable changes in policy.

The problem is government, not consumers. Consumers are responding as rationally as they can to an irrational supply.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly someone's responsibility to be ready for the fight HAS ended. /sarcasm

(PS: Only Yeager video watchers will understand this reference)
They should call panics caused by Yeager, "Yeager Bombs". [laugh]

-Mike

YUP! Regardless.....I think the rush is on.

Just picked up a case of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 At Collectable Arms. Still plenty left as well as 5.45x39.

Lots of hysteria on this lately with the Crimean Crisis ongoing. So far it looks like heresay, I'm still seeing 7.62x39 just about everywhere I go. Probably a marketing ploy.

yeah since the story quotes the known b.s story about DHS buying billions of rounds of ammo, the rest of this story is probably just as true. (in other words, its b.s. too)

-Mike

No, haha, you're totally right. The main concern I have is long term prices and this probably will have some effect on those. Being that it's foreign made maybe sanity will prevail in the long term due to lower manufacturing costs, but it will probably have some effect. I really do have *plenty* of x39 ammo right now, so if the zombies attack I am way prepared, but I will probably have to curtail my use of the bumpski for a while which is kind of a bummer.

At least I learned something from the last panic, when I was too new to be prepared with plenty of ammo in my safe. I've been buying x39 whenever and wherever it was cheap for a couple years now.

Last edited:
I contributed to the panic... just bought another 1080 rounds of 5.45x39 surplus. You can never have enough of 1980's corrosive Soviet bloc ammo on hand. The impossible-to-open, green spam can is just icing on the cake.

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom