Rumor or Inevitable? Healey Executive Order to eliminate the sale/transfer of AR Lowers.

This is deeply concerning.

Check me on this. I can dispose of any stripped lowers that I might or might not have with no paper trail, right?--just so as not to run afoul of any pending legislation?

If I got rid of 4 before January 1st with no bill of sale to any random homeless dude, I could still get rid of 4 AFTER January 1st and still be within Federal 4-per-year guidelines for limitations on private sales--correct?
There is no federal 4+ guideline. That is a state thing.

Federal uses a fuzzy line for "acting as an unlicensed dealer". For example, if you received dozens of test and evaluation guns for writing magazine articles, bought them via an FFL as a dealer, and regularly posted them in an Indiana firearms forum selling them new to the tune of tens of guns a year, you would probably be acting as an unlicensed dealer. Worse if the forum admin admin resurrected your removed for sale posts after you tried to bury the info and people started talking about it on Instagram [rofl2][rofl2][rofl2].

If it doubtful the feds could consider you an unlicensed dealer and there was no indication you were buying these to sell as an individual.

The state considers >4 private sales per year to be acting as a dealer, but that is for firearms, rifles and shotguns - stripped lowers are none of these under MA law; iffy for built out AR lowers.

Last edited:
They may pass all kinds of shit but it will be largely unenforceable.
They don't want to directly enforce any of this crap because then it is ripe for legal challenges. They want everyone to cuck over in fear or settle/plea before it gets to trial (even if it means they start and delay proceedings for years to bankrupt someone) to avoid a case that could escape a friendly marsupial venue.

I think that's spot on. Cambell is going to be the pit bull so to speak and quite frankly is way to the left of Healey if that's even possible. Cambell is a radical Leftist of the worse kind.

The strategy will be aimed (no pun intended) at what they will call "reasonable" regulations.

Make no mistake Cambell is coming after all semi-automatics. And by all I mean ALL. He stated opinion is guns need to be banned by their lethal "characteristics" and will not focus on a particular brand name.

Cambell has stated No Dealers, no guns. So, all dealers will be harassed into oblivion. She has stated Dealers will be investigated for selling guns "indiscriminately" whatever that means.
Legal trade in firearms is clearly defined in law - dealers cannot indiscriminately sell if they follow the legally required process.

So she fully intends to decide for herself is a LEGAL SALE can still be indiscriminate sale and therefore investigated under whatever law is "broken" Another scam she intends to use is hold dealers liable for guns sold without safety features....like WTF is that? Also make it illegal to sell guns to untrained buyers.
It is already illegal in Massachusetts to sell to untrained individuals - one must have the minimum state required training to get the FID/LTC required to purchase.
Gun Hoarding (what ever that is) will be stated as a threat and therefore as a matter of public safety there will be limits of how much ammo you can buy and how many guns you can buy annually. Also she intends to set a lifetime limit how how many guns you can buy in your lifetime.

Gonna get interesting for sure.
Annual, never mind lifetime, limits on guns or ammunition is going to be a hard sell to get past Bruen. If they do place actual limits on what commerce you can conduct within Mass, that opens up challenges to the federal resident purchase rule.

If they push too far they risk the entire anti-gun legal structure in Mass. It's a tough sell in court to say that new regulations are needed when they are on record stating the current ones make us the safest place in the US from "gun violence."
Mass gun law is a rickety house of cards that only needs a small push and a good plaintiff to cause it all to fall.
Other than the completely insane anti-gun politicians know better than to actually give the good plaintiff standing.

f***!!! Between this thread and the Mill Closing thread NES is just a bucket of friggin holiday Cheer. I'm gonna go sooth myself with a fresh bottle of Gentleman Jack!
Mill news - double bad even though I've never been.
This thread - a cacophony of panty twisting from a lot of people who should know better. Doesn't even register on the concern meter

My younger pup having an allergic reaction to something that we can't identify on Christmas Eve - sucks.

I just don’t see the state wasting effort and resources to pursue this. Passing a new AWB wouldn’t be too costly/difficult but tracking ammo purchases, good luck with that between online sales and us reloaders.

Or maybe I’m naive in thinking how this would work retailers have already
I just don’t see the state wasting effort and resources to pursue this. Passing a new AWB wouldn’t be too costly/difficult but tracking ammo purchases, good luck with that between online sales and us reloaders.

Or maybe I’m naive in thinking how this would work
Online retailers have proven again and again they’re more than willing to give up their customer list and what the customers purchased …. Literally right down to holsters. Any vendor that has a point of sale system has a extremely detailed history of literally everything you bought for the last 20 years , right down to a recoil spring

Legal arms co charges like $110 or something for pre ban 30 rounders
I was offered one of these for sale from him, to which I declined. The selling point is they are 'refurbished' as in painted, new spring and follower. TBF you can find NOS/like new 30-rd preban USGI mags for $30-$40 all day without hunting for a deal.

f***!!! Between this thread and the Mill Closing thread NES is just a bucket of friggin holiday Cheer. I'm gonna go sooth myself with a fresh bottle of Gentleman Jack!
Or just treat yourself to an online gun buy, like I just did. I've never owned a .32 s&w 4". Very soon, I will. I want to see if they are as accurate as I've read. Plus I just have a thing for solid old 32's. Long or S&w.

Back
Top Bottom