Rumor or Inevitable? Healey Executive Order to eliminate the sale/transfer of AR Lowers.

Bored Cat Food GIF by Diamond Pet Foods

🐯

Can you point me to a thread on this? I would love to hear the backstory. I used TS many years ago and then heard they weren't shipping anymore...and now they are.

-JR
Not really a thread on it specifically. Came up in a few of the ammo threads. Basically TSA was one of the first online distributors to challenge Healey’s order to stop shipping here as they thought it was not enforceable. They’ve been shipping here for several years now. They are not quiet about it either.

Did these 2 FFL’s find this out in casual conversation over dinner and drinks??

How the hell would any of us commoners know this info

I personally don’t think she will touch the gun control thing as Governor , she aspiring for higher office at this point just like when she pulled her reinterpretation crap and isn’t going anywhere near anything that will cause a fight

Massachusetts is just a shithole stepping stone for her at this point

Just my opinion

Now the new AG that’s replacing her , that’s a whole different ballgame
I think that's spot on. Cambell is going to be the pit bull so to speak and quite frankly is way to the left of Healey if that's even possible. Cambell is a radical Leftist of the worse kind.

The strategy will be aimed (no pun intended) at what they will call "reasonable" regulations.

Make no mistake Cambell is coming after all semi-automatics. And by all I mean ALL. He stated opinion is guns need to be banned by their lethal "characteristics" and will not focus on a particular brand name.

Cambell has stated No Dealers, no guns. So, all dealers will be harassed into oblivion. She has stated Dealers will be investigated for selling guns "indiscriminately" whatever that means. So she fully intends to decide for herself is a LEGAL SALE can still be indiscriminate sale and therefore investigated under whatever law is "broken" Another scam she intends to use is hold dealers liable for guns sold without safety features....like WTF is that? Also make it illegal to sell guns to untrained buyers.

Gun Hoarding (what ever that is) will be stated as a threat and therefore as a matter of public safety there will be limits of how much ammo you can buy and how many guns you can buy annually. Also she intends to set a lifetime limit how how many guns you can buy in your lifetime.

Gonna get interesting for sure.

This is deeply concerning.

Check me on this. I can dispose of any stripped lowers that I might or might not have with no paper trail, right?--just so as not to run afoul of any pending legislation?

If I got rid of 4 before January 1st with no bill of sale to any random homeless dude, I could still get rid of 4 AFTER January 1st and still be within Federal 4-per-year guidelines for limitations on private sales--correct?

Gun Hoarding (what ever that is) will be stated as a threat and therefore as a matter of public safety there will be limits of how much ammo you can buy and how many guns you can buy annually. Also she intends to set a lifetime limit how how many guns you can buy in your lifetime.

I just don’t see the state wasting effort and resources to pursue this. Passing a new AWB wouldn’t be too costly/difficult but tracking ammo purchases, good luck with that between online sales and us reloaders.

Or maybe I’m naive in thinking how this would work

I just don’t see the state wasting effort and resources to pursue this. Passing a new AWB wouldn’t be too costly/difficult but tracking ammo purchases, good luck with that between online sales and us reloaders.

Never under estimate the will of the looney left.

I was just thinking about this on another thread where a new guy was asking about TSA and when they started shipping again. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them trying to make a law like California stopping all online ammo ordering.

I was just thinking about this on another thread where a new guy was asking about TSA and when they started shipping again. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them trying to make a law like California stopping all online ammo ordering.
Possible. I think CA requires ammo to be shipped to dealers? It would suck. Neighboring UPS Stores in NH would be booming with business from shipments being sent there 😂
If they banned online ammo sales, it is avoidable as mentioned previously but would be a big headache for those not close to NH. No idea if UPS Stores in neighboring states offer this service.

It will be extensive attacks on the 2A. We live in a Leftist state but come 2023 the Loonies are taking over.

I just don't want to get in trouble, and I'm panicking here. Is that wrong?
If that's how you feel you should have started moving out in 2016, when it was evident that the AG was playing fast and loose with the already shitty laws here. All of the panicky "abundance of caution" friends i had here moved out years ago.

I don't think the black van confiscation phantasm is realistic though. They may pass all kinds of shit but it will be largely unenforceable.

I just don't want to get in trouble, and I'm panicking here. Is that wrong?
There’s no limit on how many AR lowers (not a firearm per MA law) you can buy/sell in MA last I checked. You’re limited to 4 personal transfers of FIREARMS per year in MA. You’re not filing a FA10 for stripped lowers (well unless you’re dumb lol).

I think that's spot on. Cambell is going to be the pit bull so to speak and quite frankly is way to the left of Healey if that's even possible. Cambell is a radical Leftist of the worse kind.

The strategy will be aimed (no pun intended) at what they will call "reasonable" regulations.

Make no mistake Cambell is coming after all semi-automatics. And by all I mean ALL. He stated opinion is guns need to be banned by their lethal "characteristics" and will not focus on a particular brand name.

Cambell has stated No Dealers, no guns. So, all dealers will be harassed into oblivion. She has stated Dealers will be investigated for selling guns "indiscriminately" whatever that means. So she fully intends to decide for herself is a LEGAL SALE can still be indiscriminate sale and therefore investigated under whatever law is "broken" Another scam she intends to use is hold dealers liable for guns sold without safety features....like WTF is that? Also make it illegal to sell guns to untrained buyers.

Any speach the antis give about guns, replace the word gun with politician and we might actually get somewhere

If she tries anything, won't it eventually get killed by Bruen SCOTUS resulting in a pro-2A order?..…. If your adversary is making a mistake, don't interrupt her.
Yea but unfortunately those in charge just thumb their nose at the courts when it suits them, there don't appear to be any repercussions anymore. When I see politicians getting arrested for not following the law there may be hope.

Were they trying to sell you lowers :)

Fear mongering has been a sales tactic of gun shop owners for a while now.. Shit, Zero Hour was legendary doing that while trying to sell shit.. " Better get it now, I heard..." I just laugh..
I remember when Jim gave me the whole “you should buy this Russian SGL-21 before Obama bans them” pitch.

I can’t believe I fell for it.

Were they trying to sell you lowers :)

Fear mongering has been a sales tactic of gun shop owners for a while now.. Shit, Zero Hour was legendary doing that while trying to sell shit.. " Better get it now, I heard..." I just laugh..

You used to see it in the classifieds here, too, at times.

I remember when Jim gave me the whole “you should buy this Russian SGL-21 before Obama bans them” pitch.

I can’t believe I fell for it.

I remember when Jim said I should buy 30 round preban POS Korean mags at $60 each before they get banned, did you fall for that as well?

See how that works? :)

Back
Top Bottom