Rumor or Inevitable? Healey Executive Order to eliminate the sale/transfer of AR Lowers.

Legal trade in firearms is clearly defined in law - dealers cannot indiscriminately sell if they follow the legally required process.

It is already illegal in Massachusetts to sell to untrained individuals - one must have the minimum state required training to get the FID/LTC required to purchase.

Annual, never mind lifetime, limits on guns or ammunition is going to be a hard sell to get past Bruen. If they do place actual limits on what commerce you can conduct within Mass, that opens up challenges to the federal resident purchase rule.

If they push too far they risk the entire anti-gun legal structure in Mass. It's a tough sell in court to say that new regulations are needed when they are on record stating the current ones make us the safest place in the US from "gun violence."
Mass gun law is a rickety house of cards that only needs a small push and a good plaintiff to cause it all to fall.
Other than the completely insane anti-gun politicians know better than to actually give the good plaintiff standing.
If Politicians legally followed the law then they would read the Constitution and that would be the end of it. We need to not have such strong faith in a piece of paper as Politicians have hardly ever followed the Law. The battle has been, and will remain, who controls the courts. The courts are now determining laws and clearly Leftist Judges have had no problem making up laws and ignoring the Constitution at will. If we seek relief in Liberal Courts then we have learned little. Even SCOTUS is a 50/50 crap shoot.

There’s no limit on how many AR lowers (not a firearm, rifle, or shotgun, per MA law) you can buy/sell in MA last I checked. You’re limited to 4 personal transfers of FIREARMS, rifles, or shotguns per year in MA. You’re not filing a FA10 for stripped lowers (well unless you’re dumb lol).

Correction jut to be ultra precise.

“Firearm” under Mass. law does not include rifles or shotguns. (But it does include SBRs)

If Politicians legally followed the law then they would read the Constitution and that would be the end of it. We need to not have such strong faith in a piece of paper as Politicians have hardly ever followed the Law. The battle has been, and will remain, who controls the courts. The courts are now determining laws and clearly Leftist Judges have had no problem making up laws and ignoring the Constitution at will. If we seek relief in Liberal Courts then we have learned little. Even SCOTUS is a 50/50 crap shoot.
I have no faith in the words on paper
The issue is with the people.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I am not a lawyer but the Bruen ruling may undo any plans Queen Healey may have. The ruling has been knocking down restrictions such as the ones she might be cooking up. Just got to get GOAL and GOA to bring suit. These are the organizations that are working for gun owner, not the NRA.

“Firearm” under Mass. law does not include rifles or shotguns. (But it does include SBRs)
Which means they may be lawfully carried concealed just like handguns. Not saying that is a practical or good idea though.

Police are about as likely to know this is legal as they are to know a rifle, shotgun or firearm possessed by a LTC holder on school property is not illegal unless it is "on one's person" (covered in numerous other threads).

Last edited:
Pretty sure once heelie , takes office. Especially after seeing the dick kicking she gave dheal she wont hold back on anything.
Heck its not like the Constitutional police are coming or anything.
Shes going to give us the Big stinky finger FU

I don’t think confiscation is coming. But as far as grandfathering, would retailers still sell/ship AR parts? What was it like during the last AWB? Granted there wasn’t an online market in the 90s like there is today.
Did a lot of you actual buy parts at MA shops?
I never found anything I wanted at any MA gun shop for parts IF they had any at all. ? I bought one Complete AR in MA From ACME thats it.
Well a few lowers and LPK early on in the group buy days but thats it.

The retail firearms industry is unique because there is little dealer protection on pricing. For most things, there is a race to the bottom and not enough room for decent margin except on "convenience items" where convenience + shipping will result in retail buyers getting things like cleaning supplies, targets, etc. at 40%+ margin. For everything else (except for large dealers that buy guns by the hundreds) there is no "secret source" that has the product for 25%+ less than an astute buyer can find the item for on the net. I even know of mail orders that discontinued a quality product line because there was no margin to be had. Even Dillon that does protect dealers (you can't find a Dilllon from an alternat supplier at the dealer price) only offers (last I checked) a 15% margin, I've seen actual dealer pricing on reloading supplies, and the only price advantage the dealer has is either free shipping/hazmat (for suppliers that run their own fleet of trucks) or amortization of those over large orders.

Now, try getting near an actual dealer price for other retail products (clothing, paint, boats, generators, hammers, cardinal grammeters, etc.) or even a look at a dealer price list. Not gonna happen if you are not actually in the business (and one man small operations will not fool the wholesale distributors or manufacturers).

I am not a lawyer but the Bruen ruling may undo any plans Queen Healey may have. The ruling has been knocking down restrictions such as the ones she might be cooking up. Just got to get GOAL and GOA to bring suit. These are the organizations that are working for gun owner, not the NRA.
GOAL doesn't bring suits. That's not their wheelhouse.

Which means they may be lawfully carried concealed just like handguns. Not saying that is a practical or good idea though.

Police are about as likely to know this is legal as they are to know a rifle, shotgun or firearm possessed by a LTC holder on school property is not illegal unless it is "on one's person" (covered in numerous other threads).
Police are more familiar with C. 269 and "firearm" there includes everything. MGLs are a hodge-podge where words mean different things in different sections of law.

Maybe a good time to get a Private Explosives Storage permit? I had to explain to the Fire Chief exactly what I wanted and he did some homework before issuance. Note the $20 lifetime fee:

View attachment 702150
Dude, you got so screwed on the primers portion and now the gov knows you are storing this stuff.

You just gave them an excuse to search your place whenever they want.

Dude, you got so screwed on the primers portion and now the gov knows you are storing this stuff.

I didn’t know you were into the tinfoil theory.

I didn’t know you were into the tinfoil theory.
It is not tinfoil.

When the gov issues you a special permit to store stuff, it probably opens the door for them to inspect.

Literally nothing good ever comes out of allowing the gov in your life, you know this. So why give them another way to get in your life?

Chances are this gets thrown away and everyone forgets it was issued. I don't know.

My motivation was to stay within compliance of my Homeowner insurance policy. The Fire Chief was cool about it.

My motivation was to stay within compliance of my Homeowner insurance policy. The Fire Chief was cool about it.
I am surprised on the 51lbs of BP.

Can you trade 10lbs of BP for an additional 10K primers?

It is not tinfoil.

When the gov issues you a special permit to store stuff, it probably opens the door for them to inspect.

Literally nothing good ever comes out of allowing the gov in your life, you know this. So why give them another way to get in your life?

Chances are this gets thrown away and everyone forgets it was issued. I don't know.

From mgl c148 section 12;
"Any person who has applied for or has been issued such a permit by the marshal, shall be deemed to have consented to periodic administrative inspections by the marshal or his designees of any building, structure, magazine or facility used to store such explosive materials or any records relating thereto."

I am surprised on the 51lbs of BP.
That would be 5lbs...

From mgl c148 section 12;
"Any person who has applied for or has been issued such a permit by the marshal, shall be deemed to have consented to periodic administrative inspections by the marshal or his designees of any building, structure, magazine or facility used to store such explosive materials or any records relating thereto."

That would be 5lbs...
Good catch. The L looks like a 1.

And thank you for copying MGL.

Your local FD cannot create or assure there would be coverage afforded in case your ammo collection blows up similar to Hiroshima. Conversely, there is nothing in your HO3 policy which states you need that permit to allow coverage to be afforded.

But if thinking so helps you sleep better at night then bless your heart

Read this thread (start on the second page). @Buck F chimes in who is in the insurance business. storage of ammo
Thought I’d link that thread to avoid clogging up this thread with unrelated stuff

Back
Top Bottom