• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rumor or Inevitable? Healey Executive Order to eliminate the sale/transfer of AR Lowers.

Read this thread (start on the second page). @Buck F chimes in who is in the insurance business. storage of ammo
Thought I’d link that thread to avoid clogging up this thread with unrelated stuff
Interesting read. I didn't have knowledge of that thread while typing my response. I'm happy to see it echos my sentiments.

I've worked in the insurance industry over 20 years so I also know what I'm talking about. People like Reptile just fan the flames of paranoia. The truth is often times something different.

All of us when Maura and Biden get through with us I am hearing?

Thats what the pant shitters say anyway.
You guys maybe, I joined because I thought this was Northeast’s Hooters where patrons of Hooters come to share recipes and photos of their favorite Hooters girls..you all goin’ to jail.

The retail firearms industry is unique because there is little dealer protection on pricing. For most things, there is a race to the bottom and not enough room for decent margin except on "convenience items" where convenience + shipping will result in retail buyers getting things like cleaning supplies, targets, etc. at 40%+ margin. For everything else (except for large dealers that buy guns by the hundreds) there is no "secret source" that has the product for 25%+ less than an astute buyer can find the item for on the net. I even know of mail orders that discontinued a quality product line because there was no margin to be had. Even Dillon that does protect dealers (you can't find a Dilllon from an alternat supplier at the dealer price) only offers (last I checked) a 15% margin, I've seen actual dealer pricing on reloading supplies, and the only price advantage the dealer has is either free shipping/hazmat (for suppliers that run their own fleet of trucks) or amortization of those over large orders.

Now, try getting near an actual dealer price for other retail products (clothing, paint, boats, generators, hammers, cardinal grammeters, etc.) or even a look at a dealer price list. Not gonna happen if you are not actually in the business (and one man small operations will not fool the wholesale distributors or manufacturers).
yes and no. I can see the holes in your knowledge from you not being an FFL with a good relationship with distributors.

Relevant terms in our world are

MTP and MAP and very few FFLs know about MTP...

A lot of people know about MAP. Minimum Advertised Price. This is the lowest a retailer (Dealer) can advertise a product for. Not all manufacturers have MAP and not all that do enforce it with the same level of seriousness. SIG has MAP on pretty much everything and they enforce it better than anyone else. It is fully automated. They will black list you pretty damn fast for repeated violations of MAP. Smith&Wesson was never a big MAP manufacturer but this year they introduced MAP on most of their products. Glock has strong MAP. Daniel Defense has strong MAP. Nothing stops a dealer from selling for whatever price they want and nothing stops them from listing lower than MAP pricing in the store, but advertising is a no-no. In most MAP policies they also stop penny auctions, sub MAP starting bids even with MAP reserves, etc.

MTP is minimum transfer price. This is the lowest price a distributor can SELL the product for to a dealer. The difference between MTP and MAP is the "protection" a dealer has. I won't disclose how large/small this is, but the stronger the MAP police, usually the higher the spread.

Now do large volume shops get better pricing? Yes and no. They don't get better deals as MTP is MTP. But what happens is a few times a year there are MTP holidays and also manufacture driven deals (buy 9 get 1 free, etc). The big boys can afford to buy pallets at a time during MTP holidays or deals. EVERY dealer has access to these deals or holidays so they too can buy at the same time. The small guys just don't have the capital to stock up like the bigger guys do. So if the cost of capital supports it, buying in large quantities those few times a year works out.

There is a certain amount of reality to interject here. Some of the largest dealers will essentially tell the manufacture to pound sand when called out on their MAP violations. This works for a small number of them (and no one in MA likely is big enough). D&L in RI openly advertises below MAP on CZ product all the time. They seem to be the biggest CZ retailer in the country and get away with it. I think in general CZ is weak at enforcing MAP. No one seems to get away with violating SIG MAP for long.

The big guys also have scaling working for them in terms of overhead cost/transaction so making a markup per gun that a small shop cannot afford works for them.

Yes, there is a race to the bottom, but the bottom has a floor (MAP). I think a lot of shops can't survive on just MAP for low cost guns while the large volume places can.

Last edited:
there is a race to the bottom, but the bottom has a floor (MAP)
buying for at under the invoice always was am ultimate goal. my 2007 honda accord vp was acquired at almost 2.5K under the invoice.
same with anything else.

buying for at under the invoice always was am ultimate goal. my 2007 honda accord vp was acquired at almost 2.5K under the invoice.
same with anything else.
Nobody who sells guns is gonna do that unless they bought an albartross by accident or something.

With cars invoice is a misnomer because it doesn't represent what the dealer paid. There's always some hide the weenie game goimg on there.

Let's not turn into another car buying thread.

Let's end it here. Everyone here is amazing at negotiating for cars, you all buy so cheap the dealerships are lucky more people are not that good or they would be out of business.

Congratulations.

Now, let's keep sh*tting our pants over the new Governor.

Let's not turn into another car buying thread.

Let's end it here. Everyone here is amazing at negotiating for cars, you all buy so cheap the dealerships are lucky more people are not that good or they would be out of business.

Congratulations.

Now, let's keep sh*tting our pants over the new Governor.
avg healey thread:

FB0F04A1-5456-42ED-A3D1-39F6729429B7.jpeg

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/5bz1iDBFinM

MTP is minimum transfer price. This is the lowest price a distributor can SELL the product for to a dealer. The difference between MTP and MAP is the "protection" a dealer has. I won't disclose how large/small this is, but the stronger the MAP police, usually the higher the spread.
Excellent info and a nice knowledge gap plug.

I am not a lawyer but the Bruen ruling may undo any plans Queen Healey may have. The ruling has been knocking down restrictions such as the ones she might be cooking up. Just got to get GOAL and GOA to bring suit. These are the organizations that are working for gun owner, not the NRA.

GOAL is effectively the MA legislative arm of the NRA. GOAL and NRA are hand in hand. And that's not a bad thing.

I am surprised on the 51lbs of BP.
It would give new meaning to the phrase "intergalactic kegger!"

Dude, you got so screwed on the primers portion and now the gov knows you are storing this stuff.

You just gave them an excuse to search your place whenever they want.
I had one of those once, years ago. When I got it I asked the chief what would happen if you had a permit and there was a fire at the house and they had to respond. He said "maybe" they may get a flag for that adress....maybe, sounded like a big friggin maybe. He didn't even know what the hell I was asking for when I went it to get it.

I can't see how she could possibly ban the transfer of lowers. They're not guns, and can be made into bolt, pump, or single action guns in addition to evil semi-automatics
She can lobby for the definition of a firearm to include receivers. Then its party over

In a bizarre way, this is the best time for any anti-2A laws or edicts or demands to come down. The ATF has all but said to the anti-2A lobbyists that there is only so much they will do because the current iteration of the Supreme Court will not only undo a ruling, but perhaps wipe away existing powers the federal government has to regulate firearm ownership and commerce. States have more latitude but also use the anti-gun platform as a fundraising device. If there is any chance in hell that AWB bans, limits, carrying restrictions etc. get overturned, it's going to be with the Supreme Court over the next four-to-ten years, conservatively speaking. So, I'd say stop worrying and bring it on. The more the nonsense happens, the quicker we get some closure on the topic.

For someone like Healey, she has everything to lose and nothing to gain by generating more restrictions. Right now, she can say "I've upheld an AWB in my state for x amount of years and our roster program and safety program has resulted in x amount of deaths reduced." Other states are following the MA blueprint. I can't see why she'd want to erase that cult-like status she has. If it was a political winner, you'd hear it on the campaign trail and it would be a prominent part of her pitch as she comes into office. It hasn't been. Doesn't mean she won't do something if it's expedient and politically favorable, but that has to be measured against the fact that a pro-Trump Republican like Diehl got 37% of the vote (he was supposed to get 20% or less), and probably would have gotten more if he distanced himself from Trump and reaffirmed abortion rights.

The only concern is: as family and friends who work in law enforcement have told me, she doesn't have a great track record with cops or police unions (although her lieutenant governor does). I could see something about becoming more restrictive on ghost guns, "untraced parts," etc. as a way to back up LEOs. But she also doesn't need their votes to win at this time, so who knows.

2023 is gonna be interesting for the MA LEG..They are going to have to change a lot of shit in the laws. I bet they go after grandfathering and pre-ban mags before anything else.

She can lobby for the definition of a firearm to include receivers. Then its party over
Federally?

Why on earth would the BAFTE listen to her “lobbying?”

Everyone in the country who pays attention to firearms law knows where Maura Healey stands, and why she stands there. They do not agree with her, which is why NOBODY else went along with her AWB redefinition.

Federally?

Everyone in the country who pays attention to firearms law knows where Maura Healey stands, and why she stands there. They do not agree with her, which is why NOBODY else went along with her AWB redefinition.
No. Her lobbying to Massachusetts law makers. Not federal

Nobody who sells guns is gonna do that unless they bought an albartross by accident or something.

With cars invoice is a misnomer because it doesn't represent what the dealer paid. There's always some hide the weenie game goimg on there.
I feel like you know me well enough to know... you had me at hide the weenie

Federally?

He's saying that the current situation is the result of the state and federal definitions being different. Bringing the state definition in line could close a method of entry.

As I've stated before Maura will have her priorities which is stacking her admin with woke Homosexuals, keeping woke curriculum in public schools and climate change which means we'll all freeze to death. The Globe is trying to push her to take up more gun control so we'll see.
Just came across a great Thomas Jefferson quote,
"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"

Last edited:
Many predictions and counter-predictions. Only one thing is certain: Buy what you want now 'cause 2023 is going to be crazy painful. :(
That's all I am saying. I'm happy to have taken FULL ADVANTAGE of this legal loophole over the past few years courtesy of my friends on Littleton. Once any legal shit is looming on the horizon in MA I'm going to hit up Littleton one more time for sure

That's all I am saying. I'm happy to have taken FULL ADVANTAGE of this legal loophole over the past few years courtesy of my friends on Littleton. Once any legal shit is looming on the horizon in MA I'm going to hit up Littleton one more time for sure
You are correct, only time will tell.

I can't see how she could possibly ban the transfer of lowers. They're not guns, and can be made into bolt, pump, or single action guns in addition to evil semi-automatics
It is not a matter of banning the transfer, but moving Polymer 80s and the like from "Not regulated" to "Regulated as if a complete gun".

My surprise is that AR lower kits were not mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom