• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rumor or Inevitable? Healey Executive Order to eliminate the sale/transfer of AR Lowers.

As I've stated before Maura will have her priorities which is stacking her admin with woke Homosexuals, keeping woke curriculum in public schools and climate change which means we'll all freeze to death. The Globe is trying to push her to take up more gun control so we'll see.
Just came across a great Thomas Jefferson quote,
"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"
Will be interesting to see what kind of politician she is. I see her Clinton-esque in that she is only interested in what the horizon has not yet shown her. I've seen the Globe push getting hard on "ghost guns," but nothing else really. If you put things into perspective, Healey is (so far) more moderate than the clowns running the show in Illinois, Washington, and New York. Baker laid a path forward for what keeps you in power in MA - doing the bare minimum and following the rules. Activism isn't rewarded in this state.

Will be interesting to see what kind of politician she is.
I think we already know what kind of politician she is and it isn't anything good for us. :(

However, the one that's mucho scarier and crazier is Andrea...

Hoarding.jpg

Note her new anti-2A term: "Gun Hoarding" (to replace "Gun Collecting"). Beware of where her radical leftist brain is going with that new derogatory description. :mad:

Federally?

Why on earth would the BAFTE listen to her “lobbying?”

Everyone in the country who pays attention to firearms law knows where Maura Healey stands, and why she stands there. They do not agree with her, which is why NOBODY else went along with her AWB redefinition.
True. They know she and every other Pol in MA is a joke. None of them will ever aspire to any post of real relevance in the Fed Gov.

I think we already know what kind of politician she is and it isn't anything good for us. :(

However, the one that's mucho scarier and crazier is Andrea...

View attachment 702893

Note her new anti-2A term: "Gun Hoarding" (to replace "Gun Collecting"). Beware of where her radical leftist brain is going with that new derogatory description. :mad:
Bring it on Lady! Gun Hoarding..what a joke!!!

If there ever comes a time when you need NODS in anger, there will be no borders :)
Guys crack me up. NODS will be a complete waist of time and money. Fantasy world if you think you are going to engage anybody with enough volume at night under NODS in a SHTF scenario. Take that money and spread it across food, medical, and infastructure to protect your livestock, garden, preps etc…

Bring it on Lady! Gun Hoarding..what a joke!!!
From this bozo's website:
  • Establish an Office of Gun Safety Enforcement within the Attorney General’s Office to serve as a one-stop shop for handling gun violence prevention, including regulatory, enforcement and litigation issues:
    • Designate assistant attorneys general whose primary duties include regulation and enforcement of gun safety and coordination of AGO activities that involve guns, including defense of the Commonwealth’s strong gun laws.
    • Create a Gun Violence Prevention Advisory Board consisting of law enforcement officials, community-based gun violence prevention experts, mental health experts, members of the faith community, and those with lived experience to make recommendations on gun violence prevention measures.
    • Make information and assistance for gun law compliance easily accessible for law enforcement, advocates on all sides of the gun violence prevention debate, and gun owners.
    • Provide transparency about the AGO’s priorities for enforcing gun laws and its regulations governing gun sales and gun ownership. << LOL

• Prioritize community-based gun violence prevention methods to best disrupt cycles of crime, gun trafficking networks, incarceration and violence in neighborhoods across Massachusetts:
    • Identify funding sources for collaborative efforts between community-based violence prevention organizations and local law enforcement agencies.
    • Work with local organizations to create and bolster programs that teach formerly incarcerated individuals or those who otherwise interact with the criminal justice system about gun laws and gun safety.
    • Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession. <<<
      "Give criminals guns because of racism. "
    • Evaluate ways to replicate and scale up successful community-based gun violence prevention efforts.
    • Enhance gun-tracing and centralized reporting of gun crimes in order to identify violence hotspots and to prosecute those who traffic in illegal guns.
    • Publicize Massachusetts’ red flag law and support those seeking to employ it.
    • Intentionally go after marketing practices that appear to target buyers who may perpetuate gun violence.
    • Enhance enforcement of safe storage laws to make sure that those who own guns aren’t soft targets for thieves. <<< "We are coming to your house looking for guns".
    • Revitalize and reinvent a statewide “Safe Neighborhood Initiative” as to embrace a community-based, proactive approach to criminal prosecutions that will incorporate enhanced collaboration between the Attorney General’s Office, local police departments, schools, and other key community entities and resources in areas with higher levels of gun and youth violence.

• Strengthen Massachusetts’ common sense gun laws:
    • Step up enforcement of assault weapons ban:
      • Work with the Massachusetts Legislature to identify dangerous semi-automatic rifles that currently evade the assault weapons ban, including identifying guns by lethal characteristics rather than by brand names. <<<THESE GUNS ARE TOOO LETHAL!!!
      • Enhance prosecution of criminals using guns already designated as assault weapons under law.
    • Enhance prosecution of those who build and use ghost guns, which are weapons typically built by individuals rather than manufacturers, that have no serial numbers and are not traceable:
      • Issue an enforcement policy that expands on a new federal rule restricting the sale of ghost guns in order to make clear that gun dealers in violation of the rule risk forfeiting their license.
      • Use existing unfair trade practice law to go after illegal internet sales of ghost gun blanks and 3-D printed weapons.
      • Encourage those who already own ghost guns to turn them in without penalty
    • Address gun hoarding in Massachusetts:
      • Facilitate sharing of information about gun hoarding with local authorities with jurisdiction and power to see how and where such guns are stored. <<< "KNOCK, KNOCK show me yr guns."
      • Investigate gun dealers who appear to be selling guns indiscriminately.
      • Work with the Massachusetts Legislature on measures designed to limit gun and ammunition hoarding, including limits on annual and lifetime gun purchases. <<< Can they work with the legislature to limit my wife's "shoe hording" problem too.

• Bolster gun safety training requirements:
    • Work with state police on an enhanced gun safety curriculum for new gun owners, focusing on safe handling, safe storage, and the risks of unsecured guns.
    • Advocate to the Massachusetts Legislature to require regular range certification, safety, training and a written safety test as a prerequisite for obtaining a gun license.
    • Prosecute gun owners whose reckless conduct leads to unintended gun violence through theft and unauthorized use. <<< apparently all death/injury is now "gun violence"
    • Hold gun sellers accountable if they sell a gun without safety features, particularly when such guns are sold to new and untrained gun owners. <<< MORE SAFETY FEATURRRRREEESSSSSSSS!!!!

Will be interesting to see what kind of politician she is. I see her Clinton-esque in that she is only interested in what the horizon has not yet shown her. I've seen the Globe push getting hard on "ghost guns," but nothing else really. If you put things into perspective, Healey is (so far) more moderate than the clowns running the show in Illinois, Washington, and New York. Baker laid a path forward for what keeps you in power in MA - doing the bare minimum and following the rules. Activism isn't rewarded in this state.
you don't know Maura like we know Maura. The is as far left as any of the other hard blue states and it isn't going to get any easier on us.

Guys crack me up. NODS will be a complete waist of time and money. Fantasy world if you think you are going to engage anybody with enough volume at night under NODS in a SHTF scenario. Take that money and spread it across food, medical, and infastructure to protect your livestock, garden, preps etc…

This.

NODs work well in a setting where doctrine and logistics support them. They're great for observation in the defense, for example, and they can be useful when moving through the woods in the dark... but not everyone in the unit needs to have them. And once the shooting starts, they're often flat-out detrimental unless the guy wearing them is off to the side, observing and directing.

Me, lone-wolfing it during a zombie apocalypse? Yeah. No.

If you have the free cash for NODS it certainly isn’t going to hurt. In any survival situation the ability to move under the cover of darkness is valuable. Also the ability to see an advisory from any IR pollution they are producing helps you to avoid being detected. It’s a very useful defense mechanism.

If you have the free cash for NODS it certainly isn’t going to hurt. In any survival situation the ability to move under the cover of darkness is valuable. Also the ability to see an advisory from any IR pollution they are producing helps you to avoid being detected. It’s a very useful defense mechanism.
In SHTF I’m trying to do the least amount of movement at night for many different reasons. In order to use NODS in the defense you gotta be pulling watch right?…What do you think would work better. 1 guy with NODS covering 360 degrees or trip wires with sound simulators, flares covering 360 degrees and dogs…with enough white light to cover your defensive positions as possible if ever attacked. Guys think it’s gonna be the Zombieland scene from 13 hours😂

This.

NODs work well in a setting where doctrine and logistics support them. They're great for observation in the defense, for example, and they can be useful when moving through the woods in the dark... but not everyone in the unit needs to have them. And once the shooting starts, they're often flat-out detrimental unless the guy wearing them is off to the side, observing and directing.

Me, lone-wolfing it during a zombie apocalypse? Yeah. No.
Cool. Buy a few more lowers or whatever to throw at people. Personally I have been practicing with ninja stars though and think they’ll be more effective.

Lol if you have a team of people with the same capabilities and you train with them, it changes things somewhat, but everyone has different priorities. Most of the dudes i know with nods already have all the other shit you’re talking about.

Plus if you’ve ever actually used them it’s pretty awesome leering on coyotes and other shit in the middle of the night. 🤣

I would rather have them then not have them, there is nothing wrong with having wizard eyes :)

Given this is an MA pant shitting thread, also Zoobows.
I want me an atatl But I want a standard capacity one. None of that state compliant neutered crap.

atlatl_collection_500.png

I would rather have them then not have them, there is nothing wrong with having wizard eyes :)

There were many, many, many times in my army career when I'd rather NOT have drawn NODs, but was forced to. They're a pain in the ass to manage when you're not actively using them. You're constantly worrying about losing them or crushing them or damaging the mounts.

I admit, my past experiences with NODs have biased me. I never found them as useful as I expected to.

There were many, many, many times in my army career when I'd rather NOT have drawn NODs, but was forced to. They're a pain in the ass to manage when you're not actively using them. You're constantly worrying about losing them or crushing them or damaging the mounts.

I admit, my past experiences with NODs have biased me. I never found them as useful as I expected to.

They have their place at nighttime for the modern war fighter while engaging hostiles.

They have their place at nighttime for the modern war fighter while engaging hostiles.

Sure, but if 90% of your time is spent doing other things?

No thanks.

This is all just mental masturbation for me, anyway: I'll never have enough free cash to drop on NODs.

you don't know Maura like we know Maura. The is as far left as any of the other hard blue states and it isn't going to get any easier on us.
She hasn't come into power yet, certainly, but she's got some stiff competition in some other states so far who are, more or less, modeling their AWBs after ours, but also looking to take it further. I have a philosophy that all politicians are roughly the same: they look at what gets the most money, what gives them the biggest bump in the polls, and what crisis is best to take advantage of. I don't see her being much different.

Back
Top Bottom