• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger to buy Marlin

I can't see Ruger restarting the Marlin Model 60 line, which is a shame. It's different enough from the 10/22 that it would have it's own market, and Ruger would have #1 and 2 spots in the most popular .22 rifle category. I just bought a 1990 model, and I really like it. I guess it doesn't have the tacticool factor that everyone wants now, and putting a collapsible stock or rails on it would kill the handling.

I had a model 75 (carbine version) when I was a kid, but I didn't think it was cool because of the tube magazine. Now that it's 40 years later, it seems like a bonus to not need a bunch of magazines.

I guess one more entry in the "old stuff" category.

I can't see Ruger restarting the Marlin Model 60 line, which is a shame. It's different enough from the 10/22 that it would have it's own market, and Ruger would have #1 and 2 spots in the most popular .22 rifle category. I just bought a 1990 model, and I really like it. I guess it doesn't have the tacticool factor that everyone wants now, and putting a collapsible stock or rails on it would kill the handling.

I had a model 75 (carbine version) when I was a kid, but I didn't think it was cool because of the tube magazine. Now that it's 40 years later, it seems like a bonus to not need a bunch of magazines.

20-30 years ago, Ruger would manufacture it.
Today, probably not.

20-30 years ago, Ruger would manufacture it.
Today, probably not.
I think Ruger could stick with their 10/22 line for semi-autos. Then, they should bring back their lever actions in both tube and magazine fed, and have companion .357, 9mm, and .44 Mag versions as well, as a separate line. Then, they could also bring out the bigger calibers in the semi-auto line like the 10/22. Mag fed autos, tube and mag fed levers. There, I said it.

Definately quality coming out of there. I have a new 336 and will buy the 1894 in 44 mag if they ever get around to making it.

I love the new Ruger Marlins, they are probably going to be something I start collecting once life settles down a little.

Definately quality coming out of there. I have a new 336 and will buy the 1894 in 44 mag if they ever get around to making it.

Was able to sell my old Remlin for more than I paid for it too, which was good deal. I really can't complain about the Remlin though, it was a good gun that ran well. Definately not the quality and attention to detail the Ruger made had though.

That said.... 1K for a lever is pushing the limits of its value, but for me its a lifetime gun that will be handed down. Setup with safety delete and skinner peep its ready to rock and roll for deer season in KY.
If they offer an 1894 44 mag in stainless I’ll grab one. But my hard chromed all weather Henry will have to do for now. Very durable when I’m hunting in snow/rain in Maine

I think Ruger could stick with their 10/22 line for semi-autos. Then, they should bring back their lever actions in both tube and magazine fed, and have companion .357, 9mm, and .44 Mag versions as well, as a separate line. Then, they could also bring out the bigger calibers in the semi-auto line like the 10/22. Mag fed autos, tube and mag fed levers. There, I said it.
Ruger is not doing sh*t. They are too focused on plastic guns.

They are starting to look like CZ, their discontinued stuff is a lot more impressive than their new stuff. With the difference that CZ semi auto handguns don't s*ck.

Ruger is not doing sh*t............
.......their discontinued stuff is a lot more impressive than their new stuff

This for sure, I've not bought any new Rugers lately, only older ones that have been discontinued. I grew up loving Ruger firearms and have/had a truckload, nothing they offer lately interests me, except the Marlins, and those are old designs.

This for sure, I've not bought any new Rugers lately, only older ones that have been discontinued. I grew up loving Ruger firearms and have/had a truckload, nothing they offer lately interests me, except the Marlins, and those are old designs.
I am on the same boat. I am only interested in the 22/45.

I was interested in their Vaqueros, until they said f*ck it and stopped production.

I don't even care about the 10/22 anymore. SW has a much better rifle. (I hate saying this, but I think the MP 22 is a really good product).

Bring back the Camp Carbines modified to take Glock mags and I'm in! While They're at it bring back the .44 carbine, yea, yea I know but a man can dream!
LOL.....I told the guy at the Henry booth when he asked what I thought of the Homesteader......I'm like.....why not 44 mag?

He looked at me and said, why... I said you guys and Ruger keep copying these 9mm pcc's that are already flooded the market.

Meanwhile everyone I know is clamoring for one in a 44mag like the old Ruger Deerfield and 44 Carbines that pretty much doesn't exist.

Granted maybe it isn't a big following.......but it would be a nice option.

Bring back the Camp Carbines modified to take Glock mags and I'm in! While They're at it bring back the .44 carbine, yea, yea I know but a man can dream!
LOL.....I told the guy at the Henry booth when he asked what I thought of the Homesteader......I'm like.....why not 44 mag?
He looked at me and said, why... I said you guys and Ruger keep copying these 9mm pcc's that are already flooded the market.
Meanwhile everyone I know is clamoring for one in a 44mag like the old Ruger Deerfield and 44 Carbines that pretty much doesn't exist.
This is what I said up in post #35, but Broc, who is a Ruger expert, has told us they only do plastic guns.

;-)

He is taking about Henry.
I was talking about Ruger.

Not the same.

;-)
You and I were BOTH talking about Ruger. Sure, add Henry in also. Both make (made) some great guns. It would be great if they could bring these simple but effective designs back, and utilize some of the modern materials (steel) and manufacturing processes mentioned in that Ruger video.

View: https://www.pinterest.com/barefieldm/44-magnum-lever-action/

I have to admit, I do like the look of the stainless with the grey laminated stock, and of course, the curved grip.

Or even this one, if it had a curved grip:
1689892027972.png

I've been wanting an autoloading revolver magnum rifle like the Deerfield for years, not just .44, pretty much every revolver caliber.

The reason it's not done and 9mm PCC's are made instead is the sales dept can point to competitor offerings, show the sales of those, make a projection on how their version of that model would sell, and then go to engineering and get figures.

Engineers knowing a blowback 9mm is piss easy can estimate numbers that make salesmen and corporate execs smile, but all that goes away when something unique is brought up.

In a corporate world, it's results and profit that matters, not honor and pride in work. So everybody just copies everyone else.

In a corporate world, it's results and profit that matters, not honor and pride in work. So everybody just copies everyone else.
Yeah, but the missing link is that honor, and pride in work could very well lead to even bigger profits and "results", and a long lasting name that people look up to. Henry has sure done a good job of that in recent years.

Why not 45acp? Ffs ruger entered the pcc game like 4 years ago and now Henry.....neither in 45acp?!?!? If either made their pcc in 45 that takes 1911 mags I'd be first in the f***ing line......and I can't be the only one.

I can't see Ruger restarting the Marlin Model 60 line, which is a shame.
Yup agree. I have a Mod 60 (new style) which is stupid accurate with the proper ammo. That little carbine really likes CCI Minimags .. and if I do my part, it makes a dime-sized ragged hole with ease at 25 yards. I did have to buy a new trigger group (flea-bay) because the plastic on mine degraded and the rear "tang" broke off. I've had the rifle for about a dozen years .. maybe this replacement part will get me another dozen of happy plinking.

Why not 45acp? Ffs ruger entered the pcc game like 4 years ago and now Henry.....neither in 45acp?!?!? If either made their pcc in 45 that takes 1911 mags I'd be first in the f***ing line......and I can't be the only one.
I agree. I'd like to see one in 10mm or 45 acp as well.

Back
Top Bottom