Ruger to acquire Marlin

That's just disgusting. Don't say that! I can just imagine their phoenix across a brand new stainless steel 1895SBL as we speak.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AHFat3yqE

View: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=527496131665085

I love that their first caliber will be the 45/70.

148 year old cartridge and still going strong. Maybe stronger than ever.

how about this Taylor and co. Takedown, big loop threaded barrel end.
Let me tell you, if you get a Uberti (Taylor, Cimmarron) you will not regret it. A little heavier than the 1895s but women will throw themselves at you screaming “put a baby in me!” Every time you pull it out at the range.

how about this Taylor and co. Takedown, big loop threaded barrel end.
I dont know if they made changes due to supply and COVID, but a year or two ago Taylor had all sorts of packages, they would tune actions, install short stroke kits ...

Now it seems like they don't offer any of that anymore.

I believe Cimarron was similar.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/2Aupdates/status/1456390072287350785
Ryan Hamilton -- Morgan Dempsey Capital Management -- Analyst

Will the Ruger name be stamped on the firearm somewhere on the rifle?

Christopher J. Killoy -- President and Chief Executive Officer

No, it won't be. We're going to maintain the Marlin brand. We're very proud of the Marlin brand and its history. We've got a couple of things. I think Marlin collectors will be very excited about as far as how we can figure the serial number, some minor changes that we think collectors will enjoy seeing. But maintaining that Marlin legacy and the great things about Marlin, particularly the centerfire lever-action guns with some what we think are some great enhancements. So more to come on that, but we're very excited about it. We've got a good team of operations and product and marketing folks working on that rollout, and I think we're going to have fun with.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/2Aupdates/status/1472985975370485772

NEW DETAILS​

You may notice some changes to the details on this rifle. Here is how to identify a Ruger-made, Marlin® Model 1895 SBL:

details_factory.jpg

Location of manufacture on the barrel reads "Mayodan, NC."
details_rp.jpg

New "RP" proof mark located on the left side of the firearm.
details_serial.jpg

Ruger-made Marlin® rifles begin with the serial prefix of "RM."
details_griplogo.jpg

Marlin Horse and Rider logo laser engraved on the grip.
details_bullseye.jpg

The traditional black and white Marlin bullseye located on the rifle stock is now red and white.

Patiently waiting for a new/used 45-70 lever at reasonable b.c. Prices [kiss]
.45-70 lever actions at decent prices are a thing of the past and really with the 4 round capacity of the tube the .45-70 is not practical for anything outside of hunting and entertainment. For that a single shot will do.

.45-70 lever actions at decent prices are a thing of the past and really with the 4 round capacity of the tube the .45-70 is not practical for anything outside of hunting and entertainment. For that a single shot will do.
You'll be sorry for not purchasing one when the Chinese accidentally release a genitally modified T-Rex.

You'll be sorry for not purchasing one when the Chinese accidentally release a genitally modified T-Rex.
t44a800_clap.jpg

nice. Ill be looking when they release their .30-.30 rifles again. Ill be looking to get one of those. Im also assuming the hard time i have to find 10 round model 795 magazines is due to their situation. Hopefully they start pumping those out as well. Id like to get a few more mags for my ,22, otherwise its on to buying a 10/22.

Henry puts some damn nice wood on those single shots. For half the price of a lever, its tough not to buy one. I've been thinking of one in 350 legend or 45-70.

New Ruger-made Marlin 1895 Guide Gun- The Good AND . . .​

Here's a pretty good evaluation of this new rifle. Looks and performs very good. He does find a small problem which he identified to Ruger for their action. Not sure how many of us would have caught it.

Back
Top Bottom