Ruger SR22

I had the same problem with my SR22 it kept failing to extract the used casings no matter the ammo. It didn't happen all the time sent it back to Ruger they were great got it back within a week never had a problem again.

Exactly same same problem, sent mine back today.

I had the same problem with my SR22 it kept failing to extract the used casings no matter the ammo. It didn't happen all the time sent it back to Ruger they were great got it back within a week never had a problem again.

I wish they'd made the SR22's closer in size to the SR9's and 40's, with the same setup for the safety (Same size, down for off, up for on). I've fired my friend's a few times but its really tiny even with the larger sleeve on it.

Blew through 200 rounds of golden bullet today with little problems, had 3 fail to load, as the pistol gets more rounds though it she is getting much better.

Tim [grin]

I have had a lot of fun shooting golden bullet, they seem to be put together well shoot straight and have a little kick to them.

Funny thing today at the range, I was shooting my SR22 when this nice guy next to me comes over and asks me if I would like to shoot his 44, I was like YES :) I shot off a few 44 specials and fell in love with the revolver, I went back to my SR and let a few round go, I was like WTF is wrong with these rounds ~ [laugh]

Tim [grin]

Stopped in at M&M's in Plymouth just to window shop for ammo, left with a new SR22PB Talo version ( all black) can't wait to shoot. Now I just need a SR9c and a SR45, and a SR1911 to close out my collection. I love my 40c.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

SR22 arrived back exactly one week after sending it to Ruger.
Paperwork says it had a new barrel and they shot 40 rounds without problem.

Empty casing that were tight in the barrel and wouldn't come out are now a good fit and seem to extract easily.

Trying it out at the range on Monday pm.

Stopped in at M&M's in Plymouth just to window shop for ammo, left with a new SR22PB Talo version ( all black) can't wait to shoot. Now I just need a SR9c and a SR45, and a SR1911 to close out my collection. I love my 40c.

What's this close out my collection crap ???

Tim [laugh]

That's why I got a great price, LOL.

I think you will love the SR, I have had a ton of fun with mine, fired all kinds of different rounds through it, the best have been the Super X but the golden bullet are nice to, bought some stingers a few weeks ago they were pretty cool and had a nice little snap to them, that's the cool thing about this little gun, it is kinda loud for a 22 and has a cool little kick to it.

Tim [grin]

Mmm I love my SR9c. And the SR1911 despite it's QC issues is a great gun.

Today I fired 20 rounds of Aguila fine, then about 15 of Winchester hollow points - the casings kept getting stuck in the barrel again.
Reverted back to the Aguila for another 50 rounds and only one jam in the chamber (not the barrel)
Well, at least I can get one brand of ammo down it.

I'll keep the Winchester a while and try them again after using the SR more.

I'd like to try some more quality ammo, so if anyone bought .22 ammo and now doesn't need it, please let me know, I'd be glad to buy some from you. Thanks.

SR22 arrived back exactly one week after sending it to Ruger.
Paperwork says it had a new barrel and they shot 40 rounds without problem.

Empty casing that were tight in the barrel and wouldn't come out are now a good fit and seem to extract easily.

Trying it out at the range on Monday pm.

Just wanted to update on this thread.
I have been getting too many problems with this pistol, despite the new barrel. Casing fail to eject and jams occurring.
I'm sending it back to Ruger once again today. I told them by phone I was not happy with the pistol and I reject it and want a refund in full.
They asked me to complete the form and add my comments with the return pistol and someone should call - we'll see.
Another 2 hrs of my life wasted sorting this out and driving to FedEx.
I have no confidence that the pistol will work reliably and it just gives me hassle I don't need.
I'll update more when I hear from Ruger.

Today I fired 20 rounds of Aguila fine, then about 15 of Winchester hollow points - the casings kept getting stuck in the barrel again.
Reverted back to the Aguila for another 50 rounds and only one jam in the chamber (not the barrel)
Well, at least I can get one brand of ammo down it.

I'll keep the Winchester a while and try them again after using the SR more.

I'd like to try some more quality ammo, so if anyone bought .22 ammo and now doesn't need it, please let me know, I'd be glad to buy some from you. Thanks.

I have had zero issues with mine. probably 500 rounds down the pipe. I was talking to someone who also had similar issues to what you are experiencing and he said HV ammo solved the issue. YMMV

I've been looking to pick one of these up for awhile, and read a lot of reviews.

Seems it is 50/50. Some will eat anything, others are very picky. I recently ran across some CCI stingers so I'll break it in with those, and then a 100 or so other HV before I test out any SV ammo with it.

My 10/22 eats any damn thing I put in it so far, so even if only certain ones work in the pistol, I'll be able to shoot my junk 22.

Just wanted to update on this thread.
I have been getting too many problems with this pistol, despite the new barrel. Casing fail to eject and jams occurring.
I'm sending it back to Ruger once again today. I told them by phone I was not happy with the pistol and I reject it and want a refund in full.
They asked me to complete the form and add my comments with the return pistol and someone should call - we'll see.
Another 2 hrs of my life wasted sorting this out and driving to FedEx.
I have no confidence that the pistol will work reliably and it just gives me hassle I don't need.
I'll update more when I hear from Ruger.

Well, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your negative experience. I found that one of my magazines feeds very reliably and the other one seems to lead to more failures. Consideration?

I have had problems with Winchester 333 rd HP value pack ammo in the SR22 also. I just don't feed it that and it works fine with everything else so far, including Rem Golden Bullet HP's.

i recently sold my SR22.
nothing particularly wrong with it, i just got bored with the SR22 and find the 22/45 much more fun to shoot.

Interesting to hear the feedback, I agree, I think it sounds about a 50/50 chance on the whether you get a fussy one!
Mine will shoot CCI and Super Extra Aguila (red box) fine, but not much else. (Federal High velocity – no chance)
As for sub sonic, don’t even think about it, mine just won’t cycle.
I got it originally to keep ammo costs down and to enjoy a plink, but that equation is changing with better price 9mm. When you add jams and too much time searching for the ‘right ammo’, its questionable if it’s worth it!
If you have an ammo eater hang onto it.

Lets see what Ruger say this time.

I'm planning on getting a range gun for practice and I've settled on one that I like that's hopefully available in Massachusetts. Can anyone tell me if the Ruger SR22 is allowed? I know I could get a Mark III and I know how popular they are, but I want a gun that I don't need a rubber hammer to clean. Thank you.

Great Gun and very accurate as well! Never a problem with any ammo I feed it.

Love mine. It's been very reliable and shoots everything except Winchester rounds. My 10/22 suffers from the same problem. I've had it since august 2013 and it's been a great little gun.

Back
Top Bottom