• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Hard-R

Have any of you heard of Ruger's "Hard-R" line? What does it mean? Anything more than marketing?

This is from The Internet, but I can't find it on Ruger's website: (It's copyrighted 2009, so maybe it's wicked old and I just never noticed)

View attachment 825337
Is this like the Brazilian Portugeuse Ruger?

So Ruger instead of Huger?

I swear someone at the range had one once, and it felt very natural and ergonomic to hold, which is nice for a .45.

Naggers - classic southpark episode

Nope, still not getting it. Is "hard-R" a noun, a stand in word, or is it a dog-whistle something that racist f***s say to identify each other?

edit: Nevermind. Urban Dictionary saved me, but I feel dirtier for it.

This can't possibly be a deliberate campaign by Ruger, it's got to be sheer ignorance on their part.

seems like Marketing 101. Take something old, rebrand it with a new hip slogan, generate buzz (like this post) and increase sales of underperforming merchandise.

Pretty sure that just an old ad. AFIK, the SR series is discontinued. Replaced by the American series of pistols. I actually really liked the SR series. Great ergos and (at the time) way better factory triggers than M&P or Glock. In fact, I keep a full size SR45 in my bedside safe as my bump in the night gun. I like the upraised loaded chamber indicator as a tactile confirmation that there’s one in the pipe. Especially at night.

Ruger P-345 was one of the nicest pistols I've ever owned. Modern, accurate hammer fired polymer .45. Carried easily and little felt recoil. Never had a reliability issue with either of mine, and if I could get one now at a reasonable price I'd happily do it.

Wouldn't mind a P345 for a house or car gun, or at least to try it out for that.
Heard they are plenty accurate also, so maybe a good pin gun.
A buddy if mine had one omg what a pos. He let it go for 75 bucks just to dump it.

Last edited:
The Super Redhawk is one of, if not "the", ugliest revolvers on the market.
I had one as my first 44 mag revolver and eventually sold it as I just hated the looks.
Trigger cleaned up nice though and was accurate enough but idk wtf they were thinking with that design lol

Admittedly the market is the size of a shoebox. :(
There are a bunch of companies, but most look fairly similar ...

SW, Ruger, Taurus, Freedom Arms, DW, Magnum Research ... and a few others that manufacture revolvers.

The Ruger is one ugly gun.

Back
Top Bottom