Roomate Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make a long story short. I live in 2 bedroom attic apartment. From the looks of it, it must have had the closets converted into bedrooms. I didn't care as I lived alone. My girlfriend came over a lot but she and I just chilled in the TV area. I used one of the bedrooms to store my guns. Money got tight and it came to the point that I need to get a roommate. So I put an ad on Craigslist.

I interviewed two people but we didn't click. Third guy shows up wearing an NRA hat and rockin Mossy Oak camo shorts. I'm thinking, "Cool we will probably will get a long good". We get talking and he says he just got divorced, likes to go shooting and works nights. I'm thinking great he works nights, I work days I will never see him. We can go shooting on the weekends etc, etc. So he moves in and signs a year lease.

Everything is going good for a while until one night he comes home saying he got laid off. He assures me he will get a job ASAP and don't worry his part of the rent is covered. This began to change the day he received his first unemployment check. Once he realized that he could sit at home all day and still get paid he stopped looking for a new job.
Problem is boredom started to set in. So he went out and purchase a new video game console, PS3 or something. All he did was sit around all day eating chips, smoking weed and playing video games.

He never left the apt. My girl and I no longer had any privacy. Where we once had the nights to ourselves we now had "Jim" sitting around playing video games. All hours of the day all you would hear was him pressing the buttons on the controller...click, click, click, click. He became so additive to video games that he couldn't go anywhere without them. He bought a couple of portable video games consoles (3DS) so he could take them into the bathroom with him.

My girlfriend and I came up with a plan. We were going to hide his video games and accessories with the hope that he would leave the apt and give us some alone time. Even though he kept his room locked most of the time I managed to sneak in there and grab a game or controller. The other day I think I grabbed something called a Vita? Whatever I can get to while he is in the shower. It would work for an hour or so, but he would just return with a new video game. So I had to keep stealing more of his video game stuff.

He mentioned in passing once about people stealing from him but I know since he likes to keep a joint around he would never call the cops. Anyone have a suggestion about how I can get him to move out? If I leave I loose my security deposit and I can't afford that right now. I am reaching my wits end here.

Last edited:
A) as long as he can pay the rent, the source of his income really isn't any of your business (even if he's a lazy POS) as long as he's not selling dope our of your shared living space.
B) As a lessee, he has every right to be there, just as much as you.

C) even as I type this I'm not realize your just trolling (un originally) the roomate stealing thread and I've been duped.

words,catmacro,post-544d8959a861a04f9bb37fc7c162e6c8_h.jpg

Never had roommates.....this is why. Sound like a nightmare for sure.

Figure out if he's allergic to animals and buy a cat or something??

I just saw the other thread.. HAHAHA WTF

Last edited:
Wait a second, I'm confused.... Are you stealing from the other NESr who has a post about his room mate taking his things?!?! I think I need a drink...

So you had a problem with your RM, who pays his rent, and thought stealing was the way to resolve it? Classy. So what you are saying is, we should add you to the list of NES members who have proven, through their own admission, that they are too untrustworthy to ever do business with.

So you had a problem with your RM, who pays his rent, and thought stealing was the way to resolve it? Classy. So what you are saying is, we should add you to the list of NES members who have proven, through their own admission, that they are too untrustworthy to ever do business with.
it is a spoof thread

I will add you to the list of NES's who need to work on their Situational Awareness.

^^^^ haha

I started reading thinking WTF, another bad roomie, then spotted it at the "My girlfriend and I came up with a plan...."

Why encourage this crap.....

Dude it's in jest. Do you ever get tired of reading about which is better an AK or an AR? Would it hurt you to laugh a little? You can drop the 1,000 yard stare. I've seen it all before and I am not impressed.

301px-30775-27717.gif

Last edited:
Best posting I have seen in a while.
Took me about 2/3 into the posting until it clicked and I connected the dots ;)

Reps inbound!

This. I probably got to the same point where it clicked. Well done!

Damnit... I want to be mad because I'm pretty sure this is (at least) the second time you've done this.... [rofl]
Had me until the "something called a Vita"....

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the non spoof thread

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/263497-Roommate-stealing-from-me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom