Having Problems with the New Shield Arms 9 Round Extended Magazines for the Glock 43. Anybody Else?

aeromarine

NES Member
I've been running OEM Glock mags in my Model 43 for a couple of years without a hiccup using Taran Tactical +1 and + 3 round extensions. I recently received one of the new 9 round Shield Arms mags as a gift and I'm disappointed to have to report it fails to feed the last round every time regardless of the ammunition used. It seems like the spring tension is just too weak to raise the follower up into position to feed the 9th round. .My son has been running Shield Arms 15 rounders in his Model 43X with 100 percent reliability. Anyway, I was curious to know what the experience of others has been when using the Shield Arms 9 rounders. And, yes, I'm fully aware of problems often associated with the use of after-market mags so no need to chime in on that. Thanks!

I've been running OEM Glock mags in my Model 43 for a couple of years without a hiccup using Taran Tactical +1 and + 3 round extensions. I recently received one of the new 9 round Shield Arms mags as a gift and I'm disappointed to have to report it fails to feed the last round every time regardless of the ammunition used. It seems like the spring tension is just too weak to raise the follower up into position to feed the 9th round. .My son has been running Shield Arms 15 rounders in his Model 43X with 100 percent reliability. Anyway, I was curious to know what the experience of others has been when using the Shield Arms 9 rounders. And, yes, I'm fully aware of problems often associated with the use of after-market mags so no need to chime in on that. Thanks!
The shield arms mags suck just as bad as any other aftermarket glock mag, don't believe all the internet/youtube hype. I've seen people try to use the g43x mags in pistol classes and they never make it through the whole class before they are so frustrated with malfunctions they are usually switching to a different gun or digging out whatever factory glock mags they have in the bottom of their bag. I've also never heard any reputable instructor recommend them or say that they use them for carry either. I only carry factory glock mags in glock pistols. If I carry a g43 I carry it with a factory mag with a pearce +1 on it in the gun for 7+1, and then a factory mag with a vickers +2 on it for another 8 rds in my pocket as a reload.

Last edited:
I'm wondering how old your Z9 mags are, did you get them used, or old stock? The reason I'm asking is I believe they're on their gen 2 springs, that are reported to be more reliable. I know Shield has a lifetime warranty so I think if you called them they would get you fixed up. I hope so anyway- I just ordered 3 of the Z9s last week for my G43! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom