Removing Sporting Restriction in Lowell...Experiences / Legal Costs?

Im a Class A Sporting Restricted in Lowell.

I’ve had this license for about 2 years now and Im tired of not being able to exercise my right to the 2nd Amendment.

I went to talk to Peace and she told me to write a letter to Kenneth Lavallee the Chief of Police in Lowell asking to have the restriction removed and be changed to ALP. (This is probably just a waste of time, but I’ll do it anyway)

Im not military or LEO, nor do I have a profession that can be considered public safety, (other then working security at a local bar).

I’m considering getting a firearm lawyer involved (when my letter gets denied) and Im wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this, that can explain the process, the fees and cost, and my overall chances of success.

(Other info - This is my first LTC, I’m 23yo and a full time student at UMass)

P.S. Don’t tell me to move to Dracut or NH b/c its not a possibility for me right now. (Although I do plan on moving to Hudson or Salem within the next 10 years)

Thanks in advance guys..

Don't bother bringing up RKBA or the 2nd amendment in your letter. They don't care. (If they did, they wouldn't restrict licenses to begin with. ) You might want to call a lawyer beforehand. Your chances are probably zero, but some of them know of wallhacks they've used to get clients licenses. A good gun lawyer will know if this is feasible or not. My guess is going to be "no".

-Mike

I’m considering getting a firearm lawyer involved (when my letter gets denied)

Perhaps you'd have more success getting a firearm lawyer involved before you go down that path. This way you don't have to pay them to get a backhoe to dig you out a whole you just dug.

Perhaps you'd have more success getting a firearm lawyer involved before you go down that path. This way you don't have to pay them to get a backhoe to dig you out a whole you just dug.

Absolutely true.

In Lowell, however, it would probably not make a difference. Note how its stringent anti-gun rights policies have made it a Safe Haven in a world of violence and turmoil..........

Lowell will not give ltc unrestricted to non leo.The gun arrests in lowell are very high.Everday thers someone with an illeagle gun getting arrested, Thats what screws people who do the right thing in any town. Good luck with the letter though post the results.

Which is why they should issue ALP, these maggots carrying illegally would start to think twice about carjacking people if they knew we all had our own protection...

All I have to say," Laws are for the law abiding." Just because they are people doing illegal things with firearms, lets restrict Joe Q Citizen because he is trying to obtain a license to do things the legal way? Some cities and towns are just crazy lately in the PRM.

Im a Class A Sporting Restricted in Lowell.

I’ve had this license for about 2 years now and Im tired of not being able to exercise my right to the 2nd Amendment.

I went to talk to Peace and she told me to write a letter to Kenneth Lavallee the Chief of Police in Lowell asking to have the restriction removed and be changed to ALP. (This is probably just a waste of time, but I’ll do it anyway)

Im not military or LEO, nor do I have a profession that can be considered public safety, (other then working security at a local bar).

I’m considering getting a firearm lawyer involved (when my letter gets denied) and Im wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this, that can explain the process, the fees and cost, and my overall chances of success.

(Other info - This is my first LTC, I’m 23yo and a full time student at UMass)

P.S. Don’t tell me to move to Dracut or NH b/c its not a possibility for me right now. (Although I do plan on moving to Hudson or Salem within the next 10 years)

Thanks in advance guys..
Don't waste the time or the stamp. Nadja Peace is just trying to "pass the buck" onto her boss. This wasn't her decision; it came from above and she is in the unfortunate position of having to carry out these ill-conceived policies. Don't bother with Dracut; Lt. Fleury will also give you a restricted license. If NH is a possibility in the future, that will be your best bet for your 2nd Amendment rights.

Back
Top Bottom