Ranting of last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. your boyfirend kind of sounds like my girlfriend. lol

shes says "thats all you ever talk about" or "thats all you spend your money on"

what really gets her pissed is the gun parts I leave around the apartment. she wasn't to thrilled when she came home to 30 disassembled ar mags on the coffee table.
I am not going to boston without my gun, hell no. I dont leave my house, but I live on the border of the shit hole that is lowell

I'm on the South Shore, but it sounds like we may be dating the same girl. Except this one time. She is a nurse for mentally screwed up people, some of which tend to be violent. So we're walking in this 1200 acre park that's donated to the town. She sees a big dog in the distance and stops. I can see by the dogs manner that he is listening to someones instruction nearby. As we get closer, the guy starts to speak to us and starts telling us that he doesn't hurt his mom anymore. She is clutching my arm like an anchor. It's the arm that I shoot with and I can't shake loose of her without being obvious. After we move on without incident she tells me that she recognizes the guy as a former violent patient and she's very glad that I carry all of a sudden. I asked that she never hold my shooting hand/arm like that in a similar scenario again. Fast forward to now. She's back to "I'm to into guns" and to aware of my surroundings, followed up by saying "after all, it's not like your back in combat". What!

I dumped a woman once because she didn't like John Wayne movies, said she said they were too violent and had those evil guns in them. I saw this as an indicator and never called her again which was a shame because I really liked her a lot.

In your situation, I don't think you are going to change any attitudes and maybe you would best widen your net so to speak. I have seen lots of tall guys in your age group at NES events [wink]

No John Wayne movies! Holy crap, now there are a couple of guys on this site that are dating my girlfriend.

I'm on the South Shore, but it sounds like we may be dating the same girl. Except this one time. She is a nurse for mentally screwed up people, some of which tend to be violent. So we're walking in this 1200 acre park that's donated to the town. She sees a big dog in the distance and stops. I can see by the dogs manner that he is listening to someones instruction nearby. As we get closer, the guy starts to speak to us and starts telling us that he doesn't hurt his mom anymore. She is clutching my arm like an anchor. It's the arm that I shoot with and I can't shake loose of her without being obvious. After we move on without incident she tells me that she recognizes the guy as a former violent patient and she's very glad that I carry all of a sudden. I asked that she never hold my shooting hand/arm like that in a similar scenario again. Fast forward to now. She's back to "I'm to into guns" and to aware of my surroundings, followed up by saying "after all, it's not like your back in combat". What!

I dated someone similar for a while. A lot of, "...you and your stupid guns" and my favorite, " theyre just accessories for men, like purses and shoes for women." When we were somewhere that to her was shady, or if someone was making her nervous for some reason it was always her whispering, " you have your gun, right?" Next day, right back to " your stupid guns".

Ughhh, Sorry to hear this, I feel your pain QB. He sounds like most of the guys I've met in New England (castrated). That's a dealbreaker for me, for sure. I have no problem with people being anti-firearms - they have as much right to their opinion as I do to mine. But dating one of them isn't even vaguely an option. Ditto with the "plastered" - either one of those things would've done it for me, but both together - wow, you didn't have the best night with him!

I came to the realization a few months ago, that the most manly guys I've met in the dating world since living in MA, have either been transplants from the Midwest or the south, or have been military/law enforcement. Most of the locals have been like whiny little girls.

Damn it, QB, we need MEN!! WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?!?!

Hey. Wait a minute there EnglishRose. I was born and raised here in New England and in Ma. specifically and I've been carrying since I was 18 years old. Granted, it was in South East Asia at 18 but that still counts doesn't it? I've been carrying since before it was cool to carry. I don't think that I'm the only one here that can say the above. Far from it. I'll bet that the right guys are all around you, wherever that is. Perhaps you and Queen Bee are looking in the wrong places.

Hey. Wait a minute there EnglishRose. I was born and raised here in New England and in Ma. specifically and I've been carrying since I was 18 years old. Granted, it was in South East Asia at 18 but that still counts doesn't it? I've been carrying since before it was cool to carry. I don't think that I'm the only one here that can say the above. Far from it. I'll bet that the right guys are all around you, wherever that is. Perhaps you and Queen Bee are looking in the wrong places.

M60, you may have missed a very important word in my post: "He sounds like most of the guys I've met in New England (castrated)." And I was referring to the men I've met with a view to dating, since I was responding to QB's dating problem. You have to take my words in the context they were meant!

I've met some great guys (in general, and with a view to dating) who are from New England. I've looked in a lot of places - met lots of extremely nice guys, dated some of them. But like Josh mentioned, the great ones are usually snapped up and held onto tightly (men and women). And like someone else mentioned earlier, you can also meet great people but just not have that spark that leads to romance (that's happened a lot for me too).

Ask anyone who's rational and single, they'll tell you dating is not as easy as just finding someone else who's single and shares your love of 'insert whatever hobby is important to you", and then, woohoo, it's all rainbows and unicorns.

Well, ya. I've got a date with QB on Friday and one with ER on Saturday. All should be good as long as I don't mix up the dates and/or let either one know about the other one. [wink]

[rofl]

Hope you don't get plastered.....

- - - Updated - - -

LOL!

That's a blast from the past for me......my granddad (who raised me) pretty much weaned me on John Wayne movies.[/Q
UOTE]

Hey, John Wayne is alive and well. If not actually, for sure in the windmills of my mind.

Same here [grin]

yeh..... my wife didn't start with that shit until AFTER we were married with a mortgage and a kid.....
i can't get out.... you still can! run, don't walk.

It took me a while to realize how bad I had become drinking wise. Not an alcoholic, but I'd get so trashed that I'd fall down etc. Mainly because I was nervous when I first met her, but she was too and she was sober (I know I was a dick). But years later I realize that she put up with way too much and now I barely drink as much as before.

OP, like Fencer said, you'll know when you found the one. And when you do, you're on top of the world.

M60, you may have missed a very important word in my post: "He sounds like most of the guys I've met in New England (castrated)." And I was referring to the men I've met with a view to dating, since I was responding to QB's dating problem. You have to take my words in the context they were meant!

I've met some great guys (in general, and with a view to dating) who are from New England. I've looked in a lot of places - met lots of extremely nice guys, dated some of them. But like Josh mentioned, the great ones are usually snapped up and held onto tightly (men and women). And like someone else mentioned earlier, you can also meet great people but just not have that spark that leads to romance (that's happened a lot for me too).

Ask anyone who's rational and single, they'll tell you dating is not as easy as just finding someone else who's single and shares your love of 'insert whatever hobby is important to you", and then, woohoo, it's all rainbows and unicorns.

I'm rational and single and as a result I do understand the challenges presented as well as anyone can I suppose. The problem as I see it is that we have preconceived notions of what a relationship is suppose to be and how both parties are suppose to function and contribute in the relationship. Even worse, we tend to compare relationships to those of the past and take the good things from past relationships and mix them all together and then develop a preconceived notion of what we need from a relationship. Come on. Can any of you singles out there tell me that you're not guilty of at least some, if not most of this? Jump in here gang

Erm.......wrong on so many levels.....

Wrong team.

And I'm probably twice her age.

i'd set you up with my cousin, he likes light eyed brunettes.....
he's a liberal pantywaist though.... crap he posts on FB makes me wonder if we're even related.....

I have lots of good female friends that are plutonic...

"Plutonic?" as in Pluto? meaning they're dogs?
(as opposed to "platonic")

Last edited:
i'd set you up with my cousin, he likes light eyed brunettes.....
he's a liberal pantywaist though.... crap he posts on FB makes me wonder if we're even related.....

LOL! Thanks inerlogic, but I'm not sure my sanity can cope with many more like that! (Heck, I may even have met up with him for coffee at some point.....)

- - - Updated - - -

This thread makes me want to introduce EnglishRose to SPG![smile]

Sky, you're getting mischievous again.....I don't know who/what SPG is, but I'm not sure I want to know. Plus, we're trying to set-up QueenBee with someone great here!

I'm rational and single and as a result I do understand the challenges presented as well as anyone can I suppose. The problem as I see it is that we have preconceived notions of what a relationship is suppose to be and how both parties are suppose to function and contribute in the relationship. Even worse, we tend to compare relationships to those of the past and take the good things from past relationships and mix them all together and then develop a preconceived notion of what we need from a relationship. Come on. Can any of you singles out there tell me that you're not guilty of at least some, if not most of this? Jump in here gang

No, you're absolutely right! It's just human nature to operate that way. But like a few folk have said here already, when 2 people who are right for each other eventually meet, these things usually work themselves out without too much aggravation. It's all about knowing what is a dealbreaker for you, and after that, being willing to compromise on things that aren't dealbreakers.

- - - Updated - - -

Were they castrated before or after they met you?

:)

Definitely before - I may work with sharp knives and power tools, but I never take them on dates. [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom