Ranting of last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i was out at the house of blues with a guy, and we have been fairly steady for a long time and tonight after getting him drunk i get to hear the true anti gunner come out..( I didn't know we were headed to a bar and not just hanging out at a friends place)

Keep in mind we head to roxbury crossing and im carrying my g26 with a backup mag. We stop off at his younger sisters apartment . The. Decide to walk with a gaggle of young college students like myself but when they want to head there on their grounds to meet up with one more person before we head to the bar i quietly say i can't go there. He replies see " don't you find it restrictive to carry" and i im like eh not really...

Later on at the house of blues on landsdowne "want a drink" nope sorry "again don't you find it restrictive"

And when hes plastered and im driving us home we get to talking about the past and this comes up

I sorry to say it
I miss the old you when you were not into guns, i dont care about them and tune you out when talk about .

Lol i need to find a nice tall guy who likes guns and no naive about the dangers of the world.

There were so many sketchy guys hanging around the area at booze shops outside and we walked through alot of dark places. At one point it was just me and him walking back because we left earlier than the rest. I look at him and see a naive person. Ive seen personally the bad side of men and told him about when i was a victim . The. He turns all compassionate guy again but doesnt connect the dots to speak.

That's unfortunate. I wouldn't expect tons of useful insight from anyone when they are hammered. Hopefully he comes around. My fiancee is not as into firearms as I am but she supports it and even got her own LTC. Best of luck.

well if you guys don't see eye to eye on things, which lets face it is hard to do in general, maybe its best to move on. I do not know your history with him but if you have been seeing him a long time there has to be some good there. be honest with him but sounds like it may be like beating a dead horse...good luck.

I never take anything said by an intoxicated person seriously or personally. Well, except when they threaten me with physical harm.

Gun issue aside, and not to preach, but don't date guys that get plastered. No good comes from it.

It is one thing to have a couple of drinks, but going out and get totally hammered is risky, especially in today's world.

And I bet you have noticed that guys totally wasted tend to suffer "performance" issues

well, a long term relationship with a guy that is antigun can be a problem! Relationships get strengthened by doing fun stuff together. And if that fun stuff involves the gun range, skeet/trap, hunting, gun shows......you will be going alone. That said, my wife is moderately anti gun...her whole family is. But she was never rabidly anti. She never stopped me from taking the kids shooting, or giving them rifles when they turned 10. So the question you need to answer is just HOW ANTI this guy is? Is he ok with guns, but does not see the need for concealed carry? If he touched a gun, would he think Satan would jump out of the barrel and take his soul? It can work under the right circumstances.

in my case, we needed to find other things to do together to bond, and I did my gun stuff with my buddies.

I dumped a woman once because she didn't like John Wayne movies, said she said they were too violent and had those evil guns in them. I saw this as an indicator and never called her again which was a shame because I really liked her a lot.

In your situation, I don't think you are going to change any attitudes and maybe you would best widen your net so to speak. I have seen lots of tall guys in your age group at NES events [wink]

wow. your boyfirend kind of sounds like my girlfriend. lol

shes says "thats all you ever talk about" or "thats all you spend your money on"

what really gets her pissed is the gun parts I leave around the apartment. she wasn't to thrilled when she came home to 30 disassembled ar mags on the coffee table.
I am not going to boston without my gun, hell no. I dont leave my house, but I live on the border of the shit hole that is lowell

Last edited:
I dumped a woman once because she didn't like John Wayne movies, said she said they were too violent and had those evil guns in them. I saw this as an indicator and never called her again which was a shame because I really liked here a lot.

Didn't like John Wayne movies? Yep, she was a weirdo!

I think you already know where it's headed. Go with your intuition.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

When he asked if you found it restrictive, you should have told him yes, but only due to government.

<-- 6 feet tall
<-- Likes guns
<-- 64 yo (uh oh)
<-- Married (EHHH, wrong answer Hans.)

Good luck.

Sounds like you're ready for a man instead of a boy. Stick to your guns, so to speak - too many people settle because it's easier, and regret it for the rest of their lives... or until the divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom