Ranting of last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he really anti gun or was he numb with booze and wanted to cruise with the other folks ?
You said that you two have been dating for awhile ,maybe ur gettin to know him better.
Not for the better by the sounds of it.

Good luck to you. Some decent advice buried in here already, and maybe even a lead or two. I foresee this thread heading downhill or locked soon.

IBTL.

So i was out at the house of blues with a guy, and we have been fairly steady for a long time and tonight after getting him drunk i get to hear the true anti gunner come out..( I didn't know we were headed to a bar and not just hanging out at a friends place)

Keep in mind we head to roxbury crossing and im carrying my g26 with a backup mag. We stop off at his younger sisters apartment . The. Decide to walk with a gaggle of young college students like myself but when they want to head there on their grounds to meet up with one more person before we head to the bar i quietly say i can't go there. He replies see " don't you find it restrictive to carry" and i im like eh not really...

Later on at the house of blues on landsdowne "want a drink" nope sorry "again don't you find it restrictive"

And when hes plastered and im driving us home we get to talking about the past and this comes up

I sorry to say it
I miss the old you when you were not into guns, i dont care about them and tune you out when talk about .

Lol i need to find a nice tall guy who likes guns and no naive about the dangers of the world.

There were so many sketchy guys hanging around the area at booze shops outside and we walked through alot of dark places. At one point it was just me and him walking back because we left earlier than the rest. I look at him and see a naive person. Ive seen personally the bad side of men and told him about when i was a victim . The. He turns all compassionate guy again but doesnt connect the dots to speak.

He may have been plastered, but a drunken admission is a sober secret. He's telling you something he seems to feel pretty strongly against, it's up to you to listen and react in your own best interest. There are plenty of gun-loving, nice guys both here and IRL. Best wishes.
/loves guns and 2A
//6'2"
///shameless plug :thumbup: lol

Maybe we need to open up a new category/service on this forum.... a dating service called "gun match'??? [party]

After a few bad dates from ok Cupid I asked for advice on nes. Most told me to ask minininja if she had friends lol.

If they made a date section it be a lot of guys with no response or what my date karma turned into lol, and a few women with there pm box filled.

After a few bad dates from ok Cupid I asked for advice on nes. Most told me to ask minininja if she had friends lol.

If they made a date section it be a lot of guys with no response or what my date karma turned into lol, and a few women with there pm box filled.

and probably a restraining order or three [laugh]

Just start a date karma thread . I'm sure yours will go better then mine did.

Man up, warwickben!
  • Throw your name into the ring.
  • Buy some boots so you look taller.
  • Wear body armor to look bulked up.
  • Brag just a little about your .44 MAGNUM. [smile]

QB may just take a chance on you! [wink]

Last edited:
That's unfortunate. I wouldn't expect tons of useful insight from anyone when they are hammered. Hopefully he comes around. My fiancee is not as into firearms as I am but she supports it and even got her own LTC. Best of luck.

Actually, when someone is drunk/hammered/plastered they often speak more truthfully than when not. They may not remember saying it the next day, but it's often what they feel deep inside.

OP, I'd end it. My wife says go to any of the hunting or fishing shows that are happening this time of year for the good guys.

Stay strong and find someone who isn't a pansy. I commend you for taking responsibility for your safety into your own hands, the right guy will too.

Posted from my car phone.

Sounds like you're both pretty young. Everybody emerges from the cocoon of false security at a different time of their life (if they do at all). Your past has clearly nudged you earlier than his. For someone you're madly in love with it may be worth sticking it out for a while. Doesn't sound like that's the case here though.

Man up, warwickben!

After seeing Ben in person I have to make a couple of comments....

I don't think they make boots with thick enough heels on them (to make him tall enough). Well, maybe KISS uses them.
Body armor to give him the bulked up look would weigh a metric ton.
His 'snow tires' have weak sauce when it comes down to it (as made evident to him yesterday)...

[rofl2] Just F'ing with you Ben... Doesn't matter that at least some of that is true... [rofl2]

Man up, warwickben! Throw your name into the ring. Buy some boots so you look taller. Wear body armor to look bulked up. Brag just a little about your .44 MAGNUM. [smile]

5/11 likes 45acp and other big rounds . Athletic buildish(lean)think rock climbing.
Conceals a long slide .45 easily .
Smoker toker midnight joker.
Bass player with strong hands.
401k, health insurance stable job.
Like to drink with in reason.
Great with kids.
Lol

I only find it restrictive to carry to the extent that I have to dress around the gun which occasionally means wearing more clothes than I'd like. Well, I am always wearing more clothes than I'd like, but that is a different thread.

There seems to be an interesting harmony in that most of the places that you can't carry are places that you wouldn't want to go anyway. That doesn't mean I agree with the restrictions, it's just interesting.

Man up, warwickben!

Instead of an arranged marriage, an " arranged date"?

I bet Nicole might have some wisdom to lend her. ;-)

5/11 likes 45acp and other big rounds . Athletic buildish(lean)think rock climbing.
Conceals a long slide .45 easily .
Smoker toker midnight joker.
Bass player with strong hands.
401k, health insurance stable job.
Like to drink with in reason.
Great with kids.
Lol

you forgot long romantic walks on a moonlit beach [rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom