Ranting of last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhh, Sorry to hear this, I feel your pain QB. He sounds like most of the guys I've met in New England (castrated). That's a dealbreaker for me, for sure. I have no problem with people being anti-firearms - they have as much right to their opinion as I do to mine. But dating one of them isn't even vaguely an option. Ditto with the "plastered" - either one of those things would've done it for me, but both together - wow, you didn't have the best night with him!

I came to the realization a few months ago, that the most manly guys I've met in the dating world since living in MA, have either been transplants from the Midwest or the south, or have been military/law enforcement. Most of the locals have been like whiny little girls.

Damn it, QB, we need MEN!! WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?!?!

Ughhh, Sorry to hear this, I feel your pain QB. He sounds like most of the guys I've met in New England (castrated). That's a dealbreaker for me, for sure. I have no problem with people being anti-firearms - they have as much right to their opinion as I do to mine. But dating one of them isn't even vaguely an option. Ditto with the "plastered" - either one of those things would've done it for me, but both together - wow, you didn't have the best night with him!

I came to the realization a few months ago, that the most manly guys I've met in the dating world since living in MA, have either been transplants from the Midwest or the south, or have been military/law enforcement. Most of the locals have been like whiny little girls.

Perhaps a very strong woman is troubling for many (not all) men, and many of the men attracted to that type of strong woman may be effeminate, wanting to be dominated to one degree or another.

Wifey and I are both very strong willed and that makes for a very lively life.

The guy has to be so confident of himself that he's OK with his wife going to hang out at other guy's houses, go shooting with other guys, go on business trips without him, hanging with other guys

The woman has to be so confident in herself that she can tie a clove hitch to a radiator

Seriously, you will never find someone that agrees with you on everything and likes everything that you do. You have to decide which issues are the deal breaker. If someone doesn't like something that you do but is still supportive of you doing it, fine. It's when someone becomes controlling and tries to change you, then there's a problem. If you've been dating him for a long period of time, he must have some good qualities. Do these outweigh the fact that he doesn't like guns? Only you can decide that.

I met my late husband at the range. Perfect right? Not so much. He liked bullseye shooting, I like USPSA. He couldn't understand the appeal of running around shooting at stuff. I couldn't understand just standing there shooting at paper. So, we went to most matches without each other and while it would have be nice to go as a couple, we were both ok with it. He LOVED revolvers and had no use for semi-autos. I love my 1911 and think revolvers are too much work. But, we respected each others differences. The bottom line though, was that he had so many good qualities, those differences weren't a deal breaker.

The deal breaker for me though, most definitely, would be the drinking.

Perhaps a very strong woman is troubling for many (not all) men, and many of the men attracted to that type of strong woman may be effeminate, wanting to be dominated to one degree or another.

Wifey and I are both very strong willed and that makes for a very lively life.

Strong women is hard to find . One of my biggest turn offs is "what ever you want todo"... The best relationships I've had are the ones when they asked me out .

The guy has to be so confident of himself that he's OK with his wife going to hang out at other guy's houses, go shooting with other guys, go on business trips without him, hanging with other guys

The woman has to be so confident in herself that she can tie a clove hitch to a radiator

Well, if I'm in a relationship with someone, I wouldn't be going off to hang out in other men's houses on my own, I'd consider that inappropriate. I think every guy I've ever dated would vouch for the fact that I'm a very respectful person in a relationship, so no guy would ever have cause from my behavior to even be concerned.

But I do think that in this region of the country, most of the guys (present company excepted) are pretty whiny. I'm a strong person, but I don't act like a man. And I'm very compromising on things (unless they're dealbreaker things, obviously).

Dating stinks! I feel bad for QB, but given the reference to "college", she's obviously a lot younger than me so has a lot of time on her side to find someone decent - hopefully she won't still be lamenting the guy thing years down the line!

The story of my life.....if you were twenty years older, and I was twenty years younger......

Well, if I'm in a relationship with someone, I wouldn't be going off to hang out in other men's houses on my own, I'd consider that inappropriate. I think every guy I've ever dated would vouch for the fact that I'm a very respectful person in a relationship, so no guy would ever have cause from my behavior to even be concerned.

But I do think that in this region of the country, most of the guys (present company excepted) are pretty whiny. I'm a strong person, but I don't act like a man. And I'm very compromising on things (unless they're dealbreaker things, obviously).

Dating stinks! I feel bad for QB, but given the reference to "college", she's obviously a lot younger than me so has a lot of time on her side to find someone decent - hopefully she won't still be lamenting the guy thing years down the line!

I have lots of good female friends that are plutonic...some I have known for 20 years. My last long term gf use to get jealous if I hung out with any of them alone...which pretty much put an end to the relationship amongst a few other reasons. I do not consider that inappropriate behavior personally. i agree with you tho on dating stinks haha......

Well, if I'm in a relationship with someone, I wouldn't be going off to hang out in other men's houses on my own, I'd consider that inappropriate.

If I were you I'd re-examine that thought.

That means you don't expect your guy to trust you and that you'd not trust him to hang around with other women.

Trust is everything.

I have lots of good female friends that are plutonic...some I have known for 20 years. My last long term gf use to get jealous if I hung out with any of them alone...which pretty much put an end to the relationship amongst a few other reasons. I do not consider that inappropriate behavior personally. i agree with you tho on dating stinks haha......

It's not the having friends of the opposite sex that I find inappropriate - it's the behavior with them. Respectful people behave respectfully - there are no secretive meetings with the "friends", no flirtatious texting.......if you're respectful and your previous girlfriends have still had issues, then you were just unlucky with the girlfriends, and hopefully some better ones will come along for you!

Gun issue aside, and not to preach, but don't date guys that get plastered. No good comes from it.

It is one thing to have a couple of drinks, but going out and get totally hammered is risky, especially in today's world.

And I bet you have noticed that guys totally wasted tend to suffer "performance" issues

This. You went into Boston and he was physically incapable of protecting you. I could even go as far as to say he made himself into food by being plastered.

Find yourself a nice guy with his head screwed on straight. You deserve it.

I'm in the same boat my best friend is a girl I met the first day of freshmen year. I'm her daughters god farther. Girls often question it , women don't.

That's unfortunate. I wouldn't expect tons of useful insight from anyone when they are hammered. Hopefully he comes around. My fiancee is not as into firearms as I am but she supports it and even got her own LTC. Best of luck.

Exactly, but their true feelings WILL come out when they are hammered. Get rid of the dead weight now!

If my fiancé dies I'll take you out. That's the first hurdle. Also were going to have to trade those glocks in on some sigs.

Strong women is hard to find.

You got that right Ben. Queen Bee I'm also in college and in the same boat as you. I've wasted a good amount of time with girls that were anti or just plain naive about carrying and any dangers out there.

These people like to live in their own world and aren't worth your time. Maybe life will bite em in the ass one day and they'll realize what the world's really like, but they're not worth waiting for. Look on the bright side, its gotta be much easier to find a guy who agrees with you than it is the other way around. Most girls my age would rather get trashed and put pictures on facebook than to take on any responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom