Ranting of last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
You likely won't find any such men on the New England Patriots today either. Not the way they're playing...

M60, you may have missed a very important word in my post: "He sounds like most of the guys I've met in New England (castrated)." And I was referring to the men I've met with a view to dating, since I was responding to QB's dating problem. You have to take my words in the context they were meant!

I've met some great guys (in general, and with a view to dating) who are from New England. I've looked in a lot of places - met lots of extremely nice guys, dated some of them. But like Josh mentioned, the great ones are usually snapped up and held onto tightly (men and women). And like someone else mentioned earlier, you can also meet great people but just not have that spark that leads to romance (that's happened a lot for me too).

Ask anyone who's rational and single, they'll tell you dating is not as easy as just finding someone else who's single and shares your love of 'insert whatever hobby is important to you", and then, woohoo, it's all rainbows and unicorns.

What's wrong with commie milsurps? lol

Lol! Nothing....

- - - Updated - - -

You likely won't find any such men on the New England Patriots today either. Not the way they're playing...

I'm not a football fan either......that's a dealbreaker for most guys, so it eliminates a huge proportion of men for me in the dating world.

I agree with you too - even aside from dating, it's tough even finding good folk to want as friends - male or female.

Ahem, what are we (folks on NES), chopped liver? [wink] [rofl]

On a serious note, attend some more NES events and you'll likely make some friends. I won't be so bold as to predict any relationships out of it however.

eharmony set me up with an ex-gf and a first cousin.....
my cousin didn't want to make a go at it so i switched to match.....

My 1st Cousin married our 2nd Cousin. They had 2 kids and eventually divorced, however everyone appears amiable. All of us were at the wedding of one of their children a few years ago. I'll admit that they were polar opposites even when they were children (she-2nd Cousin, was a real "princess", spoiled rotten), so I never understood how come they hooked up.

NES dating and relationship advice.

Pretty effin scary.

It's like that scene in Smokey and the Bandit where he jumps the river where the bridge is out - but with an enormous freight train hauling millions of barrels of highly toxic stuff. And explosives.

It will either end in the most awesome, epic thing ever - or a catastrophe the likes of which this world has never seen, that will have it's own Wikipedia series.

Last edited:
Ahem, what are we (folks on NES), chopped liver? [wink] [rofl]

On a serious note, attend some more NES events and you'll likely make some friends. I won't be so bold as to predict any relationships out of it however.

Oh come on! I was agreeing with the previous poster, you know exactly what I meant! [wink]

No, you're absolutely right! It's just human nature to operate that way. But like a few folk have said here already, when 2 people who are right for each other eventually meet, these things usually work themselves out without too much aggravation. It's all about knowing what is a dealbreaker for you, and after that, being willing to compromise on things that aren't dealbreakers.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely before - I may work with sharp knives and power tools, but I never take them on dates. [wink][/QUOTE

Hey, all you of you guys that were scared off by the castrated thing. Read this. She doesn't take her knives on dates.

My 1st Cousin married our 2nd Cousin. They had 2 kids and eventually divorced, however everyone appears amiable. All of us were at the wedding of one of their children a few years ago. I'll admit that they were polar opposites even when they were children (she-2nd Cousin, was a real "princess", spoiled rotten), so I never understood how come they hooked up.

Simply priceless.....

NES has brought some top notch folks together.

Adam and Nichole come to mind.
(damn shame I had to miss that wedding)

Yeah, but there aren't too many women like Nicole......."Adams" are a dime a dozen....but "Nicoles" are one in a million INMHO![rofl][rofl][rofl]

I consulted the oracle. (Mrs. Flare) She said that as a married woman her key is to not put herself into a position where she will have to say no to an advance.

Excluding me.

Exactamundo.

Most of the dudes in here saying otherwise are most likely on the single side of the dating spectrum and have no real clue. I bet if they ask any of the old timers on NES if they let their wives go out and hang out with other dudes or vice versa with women, I bet you would have a majority landslide towards NO. There is a reason why our generation has the highest percentage of marriage to divorce rate.

In Mass...? They're BOTH

ROFL
tumblr_mr6awoX05r1ry3lmfo3_400.gif

They didn't happen to come from the outskirts of Rte 79 in Lakeville did they?

HAHAHA, I know the exact area you're talking about!!![rofl]

I pray i don't breakdown driving through there, thank God its not very often.

I luuv mah sister.

Exactamundo.

Most of the dudes in here saying otherwise are most likely on the single side of the dating spectrum and have no real clue. I bet if they ask any of the old timers on NES if they let their wives go out and hang out with other dudes or vice versa with women, I bet you would have a majority landslide towards NO. There is a reason why our generation has the highest percentage of marriage to divorce rate.

There is an enormous difference between having friends of the opposite sex already in place prior to the beginning of the relationship and making new friends of the opposite sex after the relationship has begun. I have three good female friends that I have been friends with for over 15 years, I'm currently in a relationship going on 10 years, I wouldn't classify that as the single side, but whatever. If you don't trust the person, what's the point? I will concede that new friends of the opposite sex, with some exceptions, is obviously a bad idea.

Last edited:
LOL! Thanks inerlogic, but I'm not sure my sanity can cope with many more like that! (Heck, I may even have met up with him for coffee at some point.....) - - - Updated - - - Sky, you're getting mischievous again.....I don't know who/what SPG is, but I'm not sure I want to know. Plus, we're trying to set-up QueenBee with someone great here!
EnglishRose, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
SPG

Lol. Thanks LenS for making NES feel like back home (Arkansas), if only for one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom