Radio Scanner Purchase

I just ordered the PSR-300 scanner with the programing software. Anyone here have this model? If I need help with the programming is there a NES member that can help me out?

Thanks guyz!

I have one, but I didn't bother with the software. I just plugged the frequencies I wanted in the thing and was done with it. If you have the software and cable, it should be even more brain dead than usual. There's probably just a GUI front end you just start typing in frequencies. Have an idea in your head (or on a napkin) of how you want to set up the memory banks. I typically separate them by services. (EG, my main bank is local Fire/PD/EMT, the next one up from that is just for MSP, one bank I can switch on and off for ham stuff, etc. )

Also, don't bother using the headphone jack to plug in an external speaker..... the idiots that designed the thing decided to put an attenuator in line with the headphone jack... which is completely and utterly absurd... At least the speaker inside the unit is loud enough for most purposes.

-Mike

I have one, but I didn't bother with the software. I just plugged the frequencies I wanted in the thing and was done with it. If you have the software and cable, it should be even more brain dead than usual. There's probably just a GUI front end you just start typing in frequencies. Have an idea in your head (or on a napkin) of how you want to set up the memory banks. I typically separate them by services. (EG, my main bank is local Fire/PD/EMT, the next one up from that is just for MSP, one bank I can switch on and off for ham stuff, etc. )

Also, don't bother using the headphone jack to plug in an external speaker..... the idiots that designed the thing decided to put an attenuator in line with the headphone jack... which is completely and utterly absurd... At least the speaker inside the unit is loud enough for most purposes.

-Mike

Thanks Mike

I am inputing the frequncies into the banks, but there is a bunch of other columns that I don;t know if I can leave blank or not.

PL/DPL
Attenuator (on/off)
Delay (on/off)
Lockout

Also, how do I know if these are trunked or not?

I hope I can leave these blank when I import it into the scanner

Do I need frequencies if I have a talkgroup number?

Back
Top Bottom