Quick Acess for Class B or A restricted

gene

NES Member
If you happen to live in a town that has an attitude toward the second amendment and will only issue class B licenses or A with restrictions (Target or Hunting) I have a suggestion for you.

When I go to the range or North, I usually have with me 4 to 5 handguns and mags. I really got tired of having 3 to 4 locked cases I had to deal with each time I went to shoot. I go about once a week anyway.

Adding to that, I am licensed in New Hampshire and Maine and for those of you that have checked, I can carry concealed in roughly 21 other states with reciplrical agreements except for the republic of MA where I have lived and paid taxes my whole life.

Due to the asswipes in my town the law requires me to put my pistol in a locked box or trunk at the MA border if traveling from NH to MA. Its stupid but its the law and I obey the law. Since I drive a pickup truck, I have no trunk. NOW TO THE POINT!

Walmart sells a combination document safe in their office supply section for about $19.00. Its black and about 12 in wide x 8 in high x 6 in deep. The safe has in it the egg crate material you normally find in gun cases already. you can set your own 4 digit combination ans make it as easy as you want.

I went to craft shop near where I live and picked up more cushioning material and cut it to fit the case. Now I can put my 2 x 9mm w mags at the top, 44mag and 38 at the lower layer and 22cal sig and wathers below that.

6 handguns and mags in a case that fully protects, has a carry handle and opens in just about the same amount of time It would take to pull a carry gun. Plus I can legally have it on the seat right beside me in the car or pickup. Sometimes when I go to the range I also have to stop somewhere and we all know the law prevents us from leaving the guns unattended it the ride. No worries! Its small enough to be portable.

Nothing will ever take the place of truly being able to carry but if you want the next best thing you may want to check them out. Its one of the most resourceful ideas I have had and I dont have many. You are are also in complience with the foolish requirements of the laws and dont have to go the trunk route.

Suggestions - FOLLOW THE LAWS and dont load the gun before you put it into the case. It take 3 to 4 seconds in total to enter the 4 digit combo, pull the pistol, add a loaded mag, cock and fire. The best thing is that I know I can secure my guns with the case either at home or on the road and still have super quick access if I need it.
[grin]

Last edited:
Due to the asswipes in my town the law requires me to put my pistol in a locked box or trunk at the MA border if traveling from NH to MA. Its stupid but its the law and I obey the law.

Your town officials had NOTHING to do with it. Storage and intrastate transportation requirements are by statute.

Interstate transportation is under Federal law.

The document safe sounds like a viable idea, however.

Your town officials had NOTHING to do with it. Storage and intrastate transportation requirements are by statute.

Interstate transportation is under Federal law.

The document safe sounds like a viable idea, however.

I was referring to the fact that I live in a town where the COP wont issue A without restriction without the normal real good reasons in his mind.[thinking]

I was referring to the fact that I live in a town where the COP wont issue A without restriction without the normal real good reasons in his mind.[thinking]

And you were going to carry "4 to 5 handguns" on you, all at the same time, while driving?

That I want to see!

My post indicates I am licensed to carry in New Hampshire and Maine and I travel and shoot in New Hampshire. When I enter Massachusetts on the return by law I have to take my carry gun out and put it into a secured box or trunk unloaded. The issue of how many guns I have in the case is mute. I bought them, paid for them, shoot them and secured them.

Perhaps I am missing your point or you have missed mine. The post was intended to give someone an alternative to leaving a gun in the car while they are traveling as well as not having 3 or four cases to carry.

Is there some law that I havent read that says I cannot take several pistols I own to shoot either at the range or to a state I am licensed? Because if there is, perhaps I should cut down and not bring the AK or AR either at the same time.[grin]

Last edited:
My post indicates I am licensed to carry in New Hampshire and Maine and I travel and shoot in New Hampshire. When I enter Massachusetts on the return by law I have to take my carry gun out and put it into a secured box or trunk unloaded. The issue of how many guns I have in the case is mute [sic]. I bought them, paid for them, shoot them and secured them.

Not an issue. Your complaining about an LTC/B or Restricted A precluding CARRYING the "4-5 hand guns" on you IS.

You could have a machine gun license and it wouldn't permit you having unsecured guns in your home or in a vehicle, other than under your (very) direct control. Moreover, those requirements are not, as you initially whined, the result of your town, but the the state and Federal law.

Perhaps I am missing your point or you have missed mine. The post was intended to give someone an alternative to leaving a gun in the car while they are traveling as well as not having 3 or four cases to carry.

And once you actually GOT to that point, and aside from the pointless reference to licensing, the suggestion was a good one.

Last edited:
Scrivener:
You just reminded me why a simple problem easily resolved between two rational people can get so screwed up when quasi lawyers get involved. Then it sure to take months and cost a ton of dough to get back to where you started in the beginning.

How many licensed gun owners do you suspect there are in the state of Mass that have restrictions on their MA license but have none in NH? For that matter they got the Non Resident CCW to have carry in many other states. The point were made for them.

Now if you are a lawyer I just have one question for you? Have you ever taken on a case you knew you might not win because it was the right thing to do or have you always tried to think like a liberal?

i think his original complaint about mass is that he cannot carry one (1) gun on his person while driving in mass....

the other guns he just happen to have in the car OTHER than the one gun he intends to carry on his person that mass does not allow him to have on him so he must lock it up when entering mass.... just so happens he picks to lock that gun in the same case the others are in, that he had brought with him (legally transporting in a locked box)

am i understanding your point genere?

sounds like a good idea w/the box tho. smart thinkin

Not an issue. Your complaining about an LTC/B or Restricted A precluding CARRYING the "4-5 hand guns" on you IS.

You could have a machine gun license and it wouldn't permit you having unsecured guns in your home or in a vehicle, other than under your (very) direct control. Moreover, those requirements are not, as you initially whined, the result of your town, but the the state and Federal law.

And once you actually GOT to that point, and aside from the pointless reference to licensing, the suggestion was a good one.

You still havent said what law anyone licensed would be breaking if they took 4 or 5 guns in the case I mentioned to target shoot in for example New Hamshire providing they obey the laws of the state.

The issue is about the inexpensive box and not how many legally owned guns are in it. You could also go and pay 99.00+ and buy a unit small enough for a single gun. [rofl]

i think his original complaint about mass is that he cannot carry one (1) gun on his person while driving in mass....

the other guns he just happen to have in the car OTHER than the one gun he intends to carry on his person that mass does not allow him to have on him so he must lock it up when entering mass.... just so happens he picks to lock that gun in the same case the others are in, that he had brought with him (legally transporting in a locked box)

am i understanding your point genere?

sounds like a good idea w/the box tho. smart thinkin

Absolutely the point! Thanks[grin]

My money's on the Scriv for this one.

I could take a solid citizen with no criminal record, mix it with a back ground in integrity, service to the country, high level of education and professional work history.

Mix it with one of HIS letters to a COP thats decided he doesnt believe in a citizens right to carry and doesnt issue a class A w/o restriction. Add $9,000 in fees, a boatload of agrivation and still Im gonna have to apply in another town with a COP thats more reasonable with his policies[hmmm].

You just reminded me why a simple problem easily resolved between two rational people can get so screwed up when quasi lawyers get involved.

I think you did that for me. Tell us again about the "mute" issue... [slap]

How many licensed gun owners do you suspect there are in the state of Mass that have restrictions on their MA license but have none in NH? For that matter they got the Non Resident CCW to have carry in many other states. The point [sic] were made for them.

How unfortunate for them you made it so poorly.

Now if you are a lawyer I just have one question for you?

What you have is an obvious inability to distinguish between a declarative and interrogative sentence. Among your other deficiencies.

Have you ever taken on a case you knew you might not win because it was the right thing to do or have you always tried to think like a liberal?

The first objective is to THINK. Once you've mastered that - and writing skills sufficient to communicate those thoughts - you can resume the discussion.

Sometimes when I go to the range I also have to stop somewhere and we all know the law prevents us from leaving the guns unattended it[in?] the ride.
Incorrect; you can indeed leave it in a locked or secured container in Massachusetts. If it gets stolen anyway, though, your COP may well decide to consider you "unsuitable" based on the actions of the thief. [rolleyes]
Scrivener:
You just reminded me why a simple problem easily resolved between two rational people can get so screwed up when quasi lawyers get involved.
Nothing quasi about Scriv; he IS a lawyer.
I could take a solid citizen with no criminal record, mix it with a back ground in integrity, service to the country, high level of education and professional work history.

Mix it with one of HIS letters to a COP thats decided he doesnt believe in a citizens right to carry and doesnt issue a class A w/o restriction. Add $9,000 in fees, a boatload of agrivation and still Im gonna have to apply in another town with a COP thats more reasonable with his policies[hmmm].
OK, 1 - do you actually KNOW that that is what he charges? 2 - do you know what his track record is in securing ALP LTC's that you can make that assertion? and 3 - do you know for a fact that he aggravates his clients, or are you extrapolating this from his admittedly abrasive posts in this thread? 'Cause, personally, having MET the man, which I'm sure you have not, I did not find him "agrivating". Or even aggravating.

I hope I eventually get to meet Scriv FTF. Always curious to see if someone's online personality as perceived by me differs from their actual disposition.

I think you did that for me. Tell us again about the "mute" issue... [slap]

How unfortunate for them you made it so poorly.

What you have is an obvious inability to distinguish between a declarative and interrogative sentence. Among your other deficiencies.

The first objective is to THINK. Once you've mastered that - and writing skills sufficient to communicate those thoughts - you can resume the discussion.

There is no dicussion since you are unable to back up your prior post with the law or laws you indicated were potentially broken. As I see it you simply did not understand what was intended to be helpful post to people that travel with firearms, A inexpensive but practical alternative to more expensive smaller security boxes. If english is your hang up perhaps you could show me where the spell check is. That would be constructive!

I have read a number of your post and think you would find it as easy to be constructive as it is to be an a**h***.[smile]

With you handling the application, that might well be the result.....

not trying to be a medeator here but, ((maybe i am))

why is this turning into a war? gene was trying to recommend something that he had thought up, wich seemed to be a good idea to me.

he is not a lawyer, just a gun owner trying to make a recomendation.

cant we all just get along here?

gene, I have another question for you. How do you get reciprocity in 22 states? Do you have another license, like a non-resident Florida license?

The reason I ask is my understanding of the Maine and New Hampshire license BOTH STATE: reciprocity will be granted to the license holder in any state that recognizes our states license to carry AND THE LICENSE HOLDER IS A RESIDENT OF THAT STATE.

Since you are not a resident of New Hampshire or Maine, I don't believe there is any reciprocity involved with your license, and you might get yourself in trouble if you act in accordance with that thought.

If I am not correct about this, I wish Scriv or Cross X or someone who knows will correct me.

Thanks for the idea about the small lock box

Bill

Last edited:
It seemed to me that Scrivener was laughing at the idea of you carrying 4 or 5 guns on your person, supposing you had a Class A ALP. I laughed at it too.

I like the idea of the lockbox.

The quasi lawyer remark also had me laughing out loud.

It seemed to me that Scrivener was laughing at the idea of you carrying 4 or 5 guns on your person, supposing you had a Class A ALP. I laughed at it too.

Yes, that's the point that I think the poster (Gene) missed. In MA even with a LTCA, it would be hard to prove you have direct control over 4-5 firearms simultaneously. Having them lying on the back seat for instance doesn't qualify.

I also have to stop somewhere and we all know the law prevents us from leaving the guns unattended it the ride. No worries! Its small enough to be portable.

So if you have all your guns in what looks like a cash box and someone grabs it from you what do you do then?

Sounds like a really bad idea.

"When I go to the range or North, I usually have with me 4 to 5 handguns and mags. I really got tired of having 3 to 4 locked cases I had to deal with each time I went to shoot. I go about once a week anyway.

Adding to that, I am licensed in New Hampshire and Maine and for those of you that have checked, I can carry concealed in roughly 21 other states with reciplrical agreements except for the republic of MA where I have lived and paid taxes my whole life. "

Above you will find part of the original post. I thought it might be helpful to some since I got really tired of having a bunch of keys and seperate boxes when I go to the range. It should also be of concern to others that you could lose your rights if you happen to have your gun stolen when its not under your direct control. Taking a wiz at the gas station while your guns are stolen is more than likely all the excuse they need.

I noticed that many others here live in the RED towns that wouldn't give you a class A even if you had a gun to you head.

Our resident lawyer is correct if he thinks I am pissed about the laws and the COP having the authority to effect mine and others rights. I argue the right of lawful gun owner's whenever someone disputes or pollutes the 2nd amendment in my own way. He probably also knows I personaly think of lawyers as baby politicians and judges that will one day screw up the country and laws more than they already have. They earned all the jokes people make about them! Lawyers like Psyciatrist and get paid whether they accomplish their objectives or not.

While its true he is smart, he is still an Ahole with attitude from the post I have seen and while sometimes he is helpful he comes off as treating others like idiots which bothers me more than his comments. Makes me think he was bullied as a child. If anyone has ever read a document lawyer's submit to a court, you know using the queens English is not an issue since it was designed to be read for a law junkie. So instead of going back on his original argument and telling us what law was broken by my suggestion, Well you know the rest of the story.

So if you have all your guns in what looks like a cash box and someone grabs it from you what do you do then?

Sounds like a really bad idea.

Well would you rather be telling a judge you had you guns under your direct control or you left them in the car and someone robbed you? Take the lesser of two evils when you have done all you could and given the circumstances what else would you do?

Yes, that's the point that I think the poster (Gene) missed. In MA even with a LTCA, it would be hard to prove you have direct control over 4-5 firearms simultaneously. Having them lying on the back seat for instance doesn't qualify.

How many people go to the range with a single gun? Almost everyone I see at the range has more than one gun and if you going with some freinds you might even have several. The point missed was that the box takes the place of several smaller boxes 1, 2 or 3 along with locks and not the amount of guns that are in it. The amount can be just one or two.[shocked]

Back
Top Bottom