Question on Mass LTC

What do they mean by all lawfull purposes. What exactly are they? Or do the reasons change based on the stiuation?

ALP is standard wording to indicate that a license has no restrictions.

You need to do at least "some" reading in this forum before asking questions. Go to the Mass Laws section in this forum and look at the stickys or use the search function. Also go up to the GOAL website which explains a lot of the basics.

Do not take it personally if others chastise you more harshly for this question.

What do they mean by all lawfull [sic]purposes. What exactly are they? Or do the reasons change based on the stiuation[sic]?

That which is not unlawful is lawful.

As noted, this forum has "stickies" for common questions like yours.

It also has a section for legal questions such as yours.

Read BEFORE posting.......

Funny I have been reading in here for a couple of weeks and never saw my question answered, thus the post. Sorry if I bent your nose out of shape but if you don't like my question then don't post an answer to it.You spent more time flaming me than if you just answered it. As for knowing how to use forums I have been using them since before the www was able to have pictures. So just either answer a question or just don't post. Also if the info is in here or on the GOAL web site then help me by pointing it out to me as I have not been able to find it. Once again the reason for the question!!!!!

Last edited:
Funny I have been reading in here for a couple of weeks and never saw my question answered, thus the post. Sorry if I bent your nose out of shape but if you don't like my question then don't post an answer to it.You spent more time flaming me than if you just answered it. As for knowing how to use forums I have been using them since before the www was able to have pictures. So just either answer a question or just don't post. Also if the info is in here or on the GOAL web site then help me by pointing it out to me as I have not been able to find it. Once again the reason for the question!!!!!

The first three people responding to your post answered the exact question you posted.

You will not get a more exact, correct answer to your query, so you might instead choose to move on to some other issue.

Settle down grasshopper - you will learn the knowledge here comes in different forms. Some more direct then others.
The licensing officer/authority for your city or town is the one that will determine what restrictions you will get. Search the stickies for the Town Guide to see what your chances of an unrestricted license will be. Always go for use "All lawful Purposes" - that is the verbage for an Unrestricted - And always go for LTC Class A.

Last edited:
As for knowing how to use forums I have been using them since before the www was able to have pictures.

[rofl] Except for it's very, very early beginnings at CERN, the www has always been able to have pictures. So unless you were using some super secret forum that Sir Tim Berners-Lee was running on his NeXT, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

bmach said:
Then your not old enough.

Ok then, bmach, tell me all about the WWW before pictures. This ought to be good, as long as you're not just another one who doesn't know the difference between the WWW and the Internet.

Wow... and I got flamed for a short answer. [rolleyes]

Guys, before the WWW was Darpanet (or the internet, whichever you want to call it)... and no, there were no photos.

bmach, ALP basically means you can carry wherever it's permitted by law. Carrying past "Checkpoint Charlie" at Logan Airport is illegal, thus your permit doesn't let you do it. Same for schools.

Maybe he was one of the original DARPANET designers.

[smile] You really mean ARPANET. DARPA didn't change their name from ARPA until 1972, about two years after ARPANET was first brought online, and the original designers always continued to call it ARPANET. But still, that all has absolutely nothing to do with the WWW, which was brought online at the end of 1990, more than 20 years after ARPANET began. No, I'm not one of the original ARPANET designers, but my Internet usage does predate the WWW.

I starting using the internet (e-mail and usenet) in 1987. This was a couple years before the WWW was created and before Mosaic.

Last edited:
OT: Do gopher and newsgroups count as www?

Most definitely not. Gopher was a direct competitor to the WWW, which failed when they announced that gopher server software was not going to be free any longer and a couple months later CERN announced that WWW server software was. Bu-bye Gopher.

Usenet also predates the WWW by about 10 years. It had no form of hyperlinking so it cannot even be considered a precursor to the WWW, like such things as Hypercard and Gopher can.

Well then I must have had a much better imagination back then, cause I can't fully visualize women doing those things with donkeys in my mind these days! (Hey, come on, we were in college... [wink])

Strictly speaking, you could DOWNLOAD them, but I don't recall being able to VIEW them on BBS's like FidoNet, etc. You had to download them to your computer first.

And I really don't want to know WHY you were even downloading those pix in the first place. [thinking]

Strictly speaking, you could DOWNLOAD them, but I don't recall being able to VIEW them on BBS's like FidoNet, etc. You had to download them to your computer first.

Yes, agreed, I don't recall any in-lining of pictures on usenet or Internet BBS's. I'm sure somebody somewhere coded something up though [smile]

dwarven1 said:
And I really don't want to know WHY you were even downloading those pix in the first place. [thinking]

Hey, boys are curious... and unlike today's youngsters, before that point I only really had access to my dad's tame magazines. These days I know better. Haven't gone anywhere near "2 girls 1 cup" [puke].

Thanks, dwarven1

Your info was what I was looking for. Nice to see someone else that remembers no pix either.

Uh... no. I used an early Heath/Zenith PC kit running Procomm Plus V1.1. Strangely enough, 21 years later, I'm still using Procomm Plus. Newer version, different OS, different manufacturer... same software.

Uh... no. I used an early Heath/Zenith PC kit running Procomm Plus V1.1. Strangely enough, 21 years later, I'm still using Procomm Plus. Newer version, different OS, different manufacturer... same software.

... I think I actually bought that, once upon a time.

Your info was what I was looking for. Nice to see someone else that remembers no pix either.

You're just still not getting it, are you? You said you were using forums before the WWW was able to have pictures. I called you out on that, because you were claiming some kind of authority with a sentence that made no sense. At the time I didn't know whether your mistake was due to not having a clue in general or just simply not understanding the difference between the WWW and the Internet. Clearly I see now it was the latter. That's just basic net competency, it's like calling a magazine a clip.

(BTW, Dwarven1, I thought of an internet application that had in-line pictures before the WWW; NeXT's NeXTMail app just beat the WWW by about a year).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom