Purchasing new firearms

I would like to purchase a new Five Seven USG but in doing so im being caught in the web of understanding MA gun laws. I'm relatively new to MA gun laws too... is there a work around/back door to this problem? I have a sister who lives in Maine, could she buy one there transfer it to me? Or even go so far as to buy it there "change of domicile" here, transfer it to me, and then change back? Could a police officer purchase it and then transfer it to me? A checklist would be nice for purchasing firearms, I was told that the FN Five Seven is an automatic felony in the state of MA by a gunstore I called cause its not approved.

Welcome to the forum.

It contains a wealth of information on numerous subjects, including that on which you now post.

Should you actually bestir yourself to find and READ that information, you will find the answer.

HINT: Start with the "stickies."

I would like to purchase a new Five Seven USG but in doing so im being caught in the web of understanding MA gun laws. I'm relatively new to MA gun laws too... is there a work around/back door to this problem? I have a sister who lives in Maine, could she buy one there transfer it to me?

NO!

Or even go so far as to buy it there "change of domicile" here, transfer it to me, and then change back?

YES, but she would have to establish residence long enough to apply for and receive a MA License to Carry (2-3 months)

Could a police officer purchase it and then transfer it to me?

MAYBE, but unlikely

A checklist would be nice for purchasing firearms, I was told that the FN Five Seven is an automatic felony in the state of MA by a gunstore I called cause its not approved.

WRONG

I would like to purchase a new Five Seven USG but in doing so im being caught in the web of understanding MA gun laws. I'm relatively new to MA gun laws too... is there a work around/back door to this problem?
No.
I have a sister who lives in Maine, could she buy one there transfer it to me?
That would be at least one or more federal felonies.

Ok, if I'm reading your question right, you're asking: "MA law says I can't have the handgun I want. How do I get around that pesky law?"

Here are first few answers that come to mind, I hope one of them is helpful for you:

Your sister could buy one there and add you to her will... then you'd just have to wait it out.

According to Channel 5, you can just go to any gun show dressed like a gang-banger and buy whatever you want for $2500.

Some guy at my local gun club said his dealer buddy told him getting a C&R will let you buy any handgun you want from out of state. I'm inclined to believe him, because I want it to be true.

And the most repeated answer to your question, move the heck out of Massachusetts and forget worrying about these dumb laws.

(Sorry, goodoldxelos, I'm not really meaning to be sarcastic to your question. I've just seen it too many times now to be able to answer it straight)

Just a gentle reminder guys... let's keep it civil.... no need to drag the thread into a vitriol match, especially not within like the first 10 posts or so! [laugh]

-Mike

relatively new to MA

. I'm relatively new to MA gun laws too...

Now either you're relatively new to MA or a relatively new MA gun owner.

We need to get the laws changed in this state. The only way we can is to have every gun owner get behind that. PLEASE join GOAL. They are the only friends we have in the statehouse. The more Goal members the more clout GOAL has in the Statehouse.

Back
Top Bottom