• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prudent preparation for new Bill?

crookedteeth

NES Member
I’m sure this has been discussed some already in various threads but thought it should be a thread of its own. I’m guessing there are a lot of people like me and by that I mean:

Own guns but never really got into AR-styled semi autos. Planned to get into them in next few years when they had the time to learn enough about them and the money. Want to spend money wisely before bill to hopefully grandfather in some rights we are about to lose.

I’ve see some suggestions like: Bite the bullet, max out the credit cards and drop $3k on a preban Colt or new Sig Spear. Other have said, buy lowers which could mean (complete lowers), stripped lowers or 80% lowers. I’ve been learning just a little on the subject to understand what that means. It’s hard because not everything you read online is relevant to Massachusetts buyers.

My fuzzy understanding is that in Mass you can buy a semiauto rifle with at most one “evil feature” for example a pistol grip as long as you fix the stock not to move and weld the muzzle break on. But I also heard that Healy declared once in a press conference that even this isn’t ok. So I believe some gun stores will sell you these restricted ARs and some will not as the actual law being somewhat of a gray area. Is that basically correct?

So what are people’s suggestions for someone who has say $600 to invest now in ensuring they can get into the AR-15 or AR-10 game later? Would buying say two stripped lowers be a reasonable thing to do?

Anyones know Cheapest way that one can build an ar10? Or an ar15 that shoot .22 ammo. Am drowning in bills but if the number are low enough may be i can build one before next year ban.

Anyones know Cheapest way that one can build an ar10? Or an ar15 that shoot .22 ammo. Am drowning in bills but if the number are low enough may be i can build one before next year ban.
Buy a LR308 stripped lower and lower parts kit, build, and buy a complete upper in 6.5 CM or 308/762 and mate the two, or buy an M4 lower and pop a 22 CMMG BCG into whatever 223/556 upper you want and mate the upper and lower.

Hate to be that guy, but just move or expect that you'll be a criminal in some way - even if you think you're dotting all your Ts.

Hate to be that guy, but just move or expect that you'll be a criminal in some way - even if you think you're dotting all your Ts.
In the eye of our communist overlord all of us are criminals in one way or anather, i wish that there a place where people can run to and hide, but they will come for us eventually,trust me on it.

BCA any good for 556? Their prices are 🔥
I have some BCA stuff.
Quality is great for the price...
The three uppers I have all run fine
If you look closely you'll see the places where higher tier guns have better finishes.

You should be able to grab a budget lower for under $250.
If you build one off an 80% and grab a side charging upper under $400 complete is manageable.

Deals and steals thread. ~$500 ar10 kit I was thinking about.

Personally I like a roll mark that sends a message...

2X Sons Of Liberty Angry Patriot Stripped Lower...

And find someone at the Mill who has one of these in stock:

.308 Stripped Lower...

You're welcome.

My guess is they'll grandfather anything sold before the law is written so they don't have to allocate funds to compensate for confiscation--but they'll accomplish their goal of having a list of all the firearms in MA, and preventing future sales, which they'll be ecstatic about.

If/when they move to confiscate the firearms on the list--well, that is when you get to show the world what you're made of, one way or the other.

Last edited:
Personally I like a roll mark that sends a message...

2X Sons Of Liberty Angry Patriot Stripped Lower...

And find someone at the Mill who has one of these in stock:

.308 Stripped Lower...

You're welcome.

My guess is they'll grandfather anything sold before the law is written so they don't have to allocate funds to compensate for confiscation--but they'll accomplish their goal of having a list of all the firearms in MA, and preventing future sales, which they'll be ecstatic about.
No sales and no transfers other than inheritance (limited to 4 per year)

Am drowning in bills but if the number are low enough may be i can build one before next year ban.
Anybody looking at it this way needs to keep in mind that gun bans in Massachusetts tend to be forever... and forever is a very long time. This is yet another last chance of sorts and cost should be your least concern... and I say that as a dirt poor old slob who understands the sacrifices that means elsewhere in the budget. I also say this as a person who will go to my grave never having had the opportunity to own certain desired guns only because this awful state mindlessly banned them with past legislation at a time in my life when I wasn't able to pay close enough attention.

Yes, SCOTUS could save us eventually, but the odds of that happening keep decreasing with every new anti-2A law that SCOTUS ignores... and Clarence Thomas can't live on forever. Even if he does, election cheating DimocRATS have plans for SCOTUS that will turn it sharp left forever and ever, Amen.

As long as we're having the discussion--the real question is: Why do you want to own one in the first place?

The answer to THAT question pretty much informs the rest of your decision tree.

And real good deals on complete uppers online can be found. Under 600. Can be done fairly easy.

You could always apply the buy once and cry once as there are some relatively good deals on HKMMR16 and such. look at Gun broker and see what an MMR in a free state goes for…I think some of the dealers here have fair prices like KAG and Minuteman Armaments to name but a few. Also the DD pricing, some SCAR pricing, etc all seem fair with respect to free states.

I have some BCA stuff.
Quality is great for the price...
The three uppers I have all run fine
If you look closely you'll see the places where higher tier guns have better finishes.

You should be able to grab a budget lower for under $250.
If you build one off an 80% and grab a side charging upper under $400 complete is manageable.
The Smith and Wesson 15-22 rifles can be had for $400.

Show the dems the man and they will show you their crime
Man, isn't that the truth... just like their old-school Communist brother and sisters. :(

And when there has been no crime, put in place a brand new law so that there is a crime. :mad:

Welcome to life in the People's Democratic Republic of Massachusetts. 😖

Back
Top Bottom