• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prudent preparation for new Bill?

The Smith and Wesson 15-22 rifles can be had for $400.
True, but a 15-22 can't accept a different upper as far as I know.
$400 for a budget ar platform is cheap - might need some finesse to get running well but most people have a free hour to do some basic work.
Out of three uppers I have one gave me a couple of issues out of the box.
After a detailed clean and lube plus checking the gas block, it runs perfectly.
And by out of the box, I mean pull it out of the shipping box, patch the bore, and lube the BCG before shooting.

If you're afraid sell all your shit to someone who isn't. The mindless "how do i apply the Vaseline" threads around here are mind numbing.
I was at a LGS the other day and got a lecture about how buying or selling a stripped lower that isn't preban is illegal and the buyers and sellers will end up in handcuffs and we're the reason why MA has such strict laws. I used them as my local ffl, but after the conversation, I have decided to cross them off the shops I use.

I was at a LGS the other day and got a lecture about how buying or selling a stripped lower that isn't preban is illegal and the buyers and sellers will end up in handcuffs and we're the reason why MA has such strict laws. I used them as my local ffl, but after the conversation, I have decided to cross them off the shops I use.
Out them!!!

Seriously.

I'll tell you in person because I don't know if the guy just works there or owns it. I'm sure you probably have an idea of what shop is close to us
I’m trying to think. Most are ok. Some play it safe.

But no idea who is outright espousing that.

Thx. My curiosity is peeked.

Back to our regularly scheduled Friday night NES (shit) show. Lol.

I’m trying to think. Most are ok. Some play it safe.

But no idea who is outright espousing that.

Thx. My curiosity is peeked.

Back to our regularly scheduled Friday night NES (shit) show. Lol.
I used the shop for transfers and occasionally buy some ammunition. They are expensive but I like to support them until the other day.

I don't go into gun shops to be lectured to by half-wits. Use an indeligible marker to cross them off.

For contrast - I was at my LGS yesterday after work. Went in to pick up some base pads that they were engraving for me, (numbers). Friend of mine was in there to pick up a gun he'd had some work done on. 2011 Stacato ?? with a C&H competition dot on it. Very nice. He and the owner get into a conversation that ends up with a bet. 100 meters, cold pistols, 1 shot, IPSC target - 100$ to the winner.

Owner brings out an M203, and they laugh about that, which evolves into the owner agreeing to put up 300 rounds of "chalk bags" for it and the use of it as part of his "buy-in" for the multi-gun match my friend's running in May. Yeah, so apparently stage is going to start with competitor using supplied M203, popping round through door, then entering with own firearms.

My LGS doesn't suck.

I'd bet it's precision point firearms in Woburn... I was given a similar lecture a few months back. Won't be going back.

They do need to be outed whoever they are. This isn't mean it is help for survival. Experiences at shops, both good and bad will make our hobby better as FFLs become more knowledgeable and resourceful. Give the shop a chance to learn, or explain their understanding.

It is of zero use to come on here and say "this shop did this wrong" or wouldn't sell me this etc. without specifics. If you want to contribute then report on your experience factually and accurately and let NES decide. Otherwise don't bother.

They do need to be outed whoever they are. This isn't mean it is help for survival. Experiences at shops, both good and bad will make our hobby better as FFLs become more knowledgeable and resourceful. Give the shop a chance to learn, or explain their understanding.

It is of zero use to come on here and say "this shop did this wrong" or wouldn't sell me this etc. without specifics. If you want to contribute then report on your experience factually and accurately and let NES decide. Otherwise don't bother.
Okay if you want specifics.... the owner essentially said if anyone builds or buys an AR, they violated Healeys BS speech, and will get rounded up. I decided to buy the ammo I already had on the counter, and just never come back.

Okay if you want specifics.... the owner essentially said if anyone builds or buys an AR, they violated Healeys BS speech, and will get rounded up. I decided to buy the ammo I already had on the counter, and just never come back.
I think he meant “what shop?”

As I stated above... precision point firearms woburn.
Curious as I've always found Chris friendly and knowledgeable. I did notice the last couple of times I went that it was busy and he was running around dealing with multiple customers by himself. Maybe he hired someone who didn't know what they were talking about?

Curious as I've always found Chris friendly and knowledgeable. I did notice the last couple of times I went that it was busy and he was running around dealing with multiple customers by himself. Maybe he hired someone who didn't know what they were talking about?
Nope that was Chris, who identified himself as the owner

Also Chris was the plaintiff in the Court battle over opening gun stores during COVID - and won. He's a good guy and might benefit from a healthy discussion with specific text from the law and likewise for others to get an understanding of his perspective. He may not agree and then it's up to customers to decide where they want to do business.

If one can't have a civil discussion about it, that says something too.

Also Chris was the plaintiff in the Court battle over opening gun stores during COVID - and won. He's a good guy and might benefit from a healthy discussion with specific text from the law and likewise for others to get an understanding of his perspective. He may not agree and then it's up to customers to decide where they want to do business.

If one can't have a civil discussion about it, that says something too.
That does honestly help my perspective on the guy. I have to admit, other that the last minute lecture he was a super nice guy, and has a sweet little shop. That being said, we all know this state doesn't give two shits about the 2a. Therefore I would prefer to spend my money at a shop that doesn't put up with the extra nonsense. It's already frustrating enough having to put up with MA, I don't want dealers lecturing me about things that are legal.

I did try and mention to him that words someone says (mauras speech) doesn't create law blah blah blah, but I could tell there wasn't room for any meaningful discussion.

I won’t say who. But @GaryO was not referring to Precision Point.

I don’t want to see the wrong place get blamed.

So let’s stop the speculation.
What I said about my experience with the shop isn't speculation, and the same conversation took place so i guess it doesnt matter does it? 🤷

What I said about my experience with the shop isn't speculation, and the same conversation took place so i guess it doesnt matter does it? 🤷
My bad. I thought you were speaking for Gary.

Please bring it up!

Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom