Public Service Announcement - VOTE!

I know this is in jest, but be aware that with any write-ins, they don't count them unless you also list the PRECISE street address of said write-in. I recall some news buzz about this some years ago when someone was legitimately running a write-in campaign and folks just wrote his name in with no address . . . they don't count them and they are treated as invalid votes.

BTW, I got an Email reply from Reed Hillman earlier today, thanking me for the "good luck" message! Do you think he truly will make himself available to us if he wins?? I DO! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I'm off to do the deed now!

BTW, I got an Email reply from Reed Hillman earlier today, thanking me for the "good luck" message! Do you think he truly will make himself available to us if he wins?? I DO! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I'm off to do the deed now!

That would be nice to meet him in person.

And stop spoiling our fun... I'll claim I'm homeless, surely the Dems can't argue that... [smile]

He's not hard to meet! Invite him to your club and you can be sure that he'll come to speak. He's been to numerous GOAL Annual Banquets over the years.

He's absolutely the most approachable candidate that is running and one of the most that I've ever run into. He's also a very likable person, not your phony polished politician where you run to scrub your hands after shaking hands with him.

He's not hard to meet! Invite him to your club and you can be sure that he'll come to speak. He's been to numerous GOAL Annual Banquets over the years.

He's absolutely the most approachable candidate that is running and one of the most that I've ever run into. He's also a very likable person, not your phony polished politician where you run to scrub your hands after shaking hands with him.

His dad is a nice guy too. He's on the Republican Committee in Winchendon.

BTW: My wife and I just came back from voting.

Sorry Derek, I would have voted for ya... don't know that you'd fare well in the 11th Middlesex District (Newton) though.

If only I didn't have to work today and didn't have plans for after work... If only I had a Larry Frisoli sign I could have held the only AG sign in front of the place. It's amazing how many people haven't heard of either candidate.

If only I didn't have to work today and didn't have plans for after work... If only I had a Larry Frisoli sign I could have held the only AG sign in front of the place. It's amazing how many people haven't heard of either candidate.

Which is exactly why I have a good feeling about Larry tonight.

Is anybody planning on going to his get together in Boston tonight?

I fear that most people who don't know either candidate will just vote their party.

Until I started taking an interest in shooting last year I pretty much just voted dem. The only exception was Mitt Romney because I do feel you need some sort of balance in the system. A single party government doesn't seem to work so well no matter which party it is.

Now I have a bigger interest (more to lose) in politics.

Y'know, there's going to be some puzzled looks when they start tallying up the write-in votes and start wondering who Derek Hoskins is and why he's getting so many votes. [smile]

I was wondering that too, Ross [laugh] There'll be a blurb on the 11 o'clock news..."Who is Derek Hoskins? - The Search for our new Secretary of State" [rofl]

It was very interesting to see how many Demecrates were running unopposed in some of the state positions. Hummm, maybe I should run for public office. My stand would be "A 50 Cal for everyone!!" That sounds good.

I live in Uxbridge and just got back from voting. There were a bunch of Deval supporters holding signs and waving at the cars going into vote. Not one Healy sign holder was in site. The only Healy sign I saw was on someones lawn that a Deval supporter had pulled out of the ground and tossed it to the side. I only noticed it because I was looking around for any of her signs. [angry]

Definitely not a good thing.

Question

I voted for elected positions, but I saw nothing on the ballot for things like "No 1." about wine in grocery stores and stuff like that. What's up with that?

I voted for elected positions, but I saw nothing on the ballot for things like "No 1." about wine in grocery stores and stuff like that. What's up with that?

It was on the other side of the ballot - at least on mine it was.

Straight Republican ticket for me. [smile]

On my ballot, question 1 was in the right margin of the front and the other 3 questions were on the rear. We have paper ballots that you fill in the oval and then feed the ballot into the counting/reading machine.

On my ballot, question 1 was in the right margin of the front and the other 3 questions were on the rear. We have paper ballots that you fill in the oval and then feed the ballot into the counting/reading machine.

Mine were similar to that, I read the text on the back and thought it was legal mumbo jumbo and didn't realize it was the actual legislation and I didn't notice any ovals on the back. That's what I get for hitting the polls at 7AM, it read like it was explaining the legislation behind elections in MA, not something to do with wine in grocery stores. [sad]

How could you vote straight republican? For a number of offices there was no republican candidate where I live, usually no opposition at all.

It was very interesting to see how many Demecrates were running unopposed in some of the state positions. Hummm, maybe I should run for public office.

The trick would be to beat them in the primary as a Democrat. You wouldn't stand much chance otherwise.

My stand would be "A 50 Cal for everyone!!" That sounds good.

I hope there will be an exemption for those like my girlfriend who due to shoulder surgery can't shoot something that big. I suppose she could just learn to shoot lefty.

I fear that most people who don't know either candidate will just vote their party.

I would normally say that is true... But I know a lot of people (mostly women) that are not big on voting for women... I don't know why this is, but I also know this is one thing that is hurting Healey in the race as well... But it should help Frisoli

Last edited:
Spoke with a nice young lady holding the single Healey/Hillman sign at the polls. She told me that she went to get a sign at the Walpole Healey campaign office, found the door locked and no signs there! She had called for signs months ago too and promised but never delivered! Ugh!

She also told me that all the folks she knows that are voting for Devil . . . none of them could tell her WHY they were voting for him, as most admit that they do not support his positions. Many told her that they "couldn't vote for her" (Kerry Healey) as their only response!

On ballot questions, when I was handed my ballot, the poll worker dutifully told me that it was a "double sided ballot". All 3 of our questions were on the back.

AG actually has more direct impact on gun owners, as those Regs can be "gone" with the stroke of a pen.

On the other hand, the Gov has the power of the "EO" and again with a stroke of a pen could probably ban anything/everything he wanted to.

There isn't any real oversight (published in obscure journal and becomes administrative law so many days later) on Regulations or EOs from what I've seen.

NOTE: EO = "Executive Order"

Back
Top Bottom