Proud owner of my first handgun!

So it has been completed, my first handgun transaction. I was delayed on Sunday during my first visit to the firearms store but 1 1/2 days later I got the call saying NICS has confirmed a proceed.
I bought a Ruger SR9. I really liked the feel and weight of the gun, knowing I can use it as a concealed weapon if I choose but also proficient enough to shoot IDPA. Being a female it was very difficult to find that balance.
I really CAN NOT WAIT to get it to the firing line. That will be some time this week for sure. After I do I will write a small review letting you know of my experience.
But just wanted to share my excitement about being a handgun owner (yayy!)

And also give a small shout out to The Sportsman's Den in Quincy where I made my purchase.

When I went into the store on Sunday I was treated not only with a friendly smile but very respectfully. Those can sometimes be hard to find as a girl looking to purchase firearms. My transaction was delayed by NICS (it was almost expected, they did this to me with my last purchase of a rifle). He felt bad it was the weekend and no one at NICS was available to look into it further that day. 1 1/2 days later he called me back with the good news of a proceed. Now, I work in West Warwick RI until 4:30pm Mon-Fri and the shop hours are only til 6pm. Knowing I would like to come in ASAP to buy the firearm the owner (I'm assuming) offered to stay open past close to allow me to make the drive after work. Even though I showed up 15 minutes after 6 he was more than helpful, friendly, and even helped me browse for extra's. He was more than willing to stay open until I was satisfied.
Those small details are what makes an extraordinary business in my opinion. I would recommend taking a drop by The Sportsman's Den in Quincy MA and supporting the local business if you can.

Now who wants to go to the range?

Good to hear it all worked out. Definitely a plus for going to a local store rather than a Dick's box store (from your earlier thread). You might consider adding your review to the listing on this site for the Sportsmen's Den. That way, other people looking up reviews of them can hear about the treatment you received. Granted, everything there is pretty positive, but I don't think the owner would mind additional support :)

Good to hear it all worked out. Definitely a plus for going to a local store rather than a Dick's box store (from your earlier thread). You might consider adding your review to the listing on this site for the Sportsmen's Den. That way, other people looking up reviews of them can hear about the treatment you received. Granted, everything there is pretty positive, but I don't think the owner would mind additional support :)

Good call! Will do.

It doesn't surprise me that you got great service at the Sportsmen's Den. Ron is a great guy with very good pricing. Congrats on your new Ruger

Congrats. I`m looking forward to your review of the pistol. How much did you pay for the Ruger? I assume it has the horrible Ma. trigger?

First Firearm Transaction

[smile] OH MY, another afflicted citizen. This addiction IS worse than "crack" so i'm told. I have had it myself for years and my lust for the steel has never been fulfilled.
and remember be safe and GO HAVE A BALL [laugh2]

The wife and I also have an SR9 and like it very much. Congratulations on your first pistol and I hope you enjoy the Ruger as well as we do.

Back
Top Bottom