Powder Availability Report

The Hodgdon's staffing at the Shot Show claim there will be a much fuller supply chain "soon". Hodgdon is also distributing IMI, VV and Winchester powder.

Got an email update from Patriot Arms in Ipswich about powder they have in stock:

Bullseye
Unique
IMR 4759
IMR 4831
IMR 3031
IMR 4895
IMR 4064
Varget
Titegroup
H4350
H 4198
CFE 223
Power Pistol
Benchmark
Accurate 2460

http://www.patriotarmsofne.com/

Anyone seen larger quantities of Benchmark around recently?

Most places in Western Ma that have been to have it. Nicks Sports in Palmer had at least 8 1lbrs about a week ago when I stopped in for I think $28, cant remember. I bought some H335, Benchmark, BE, Unique and a bunch of Titegroup from him.

and... around $25/lb I think. I haven't bought any in a while my 8lg jug I got at Shooters Outpost is still half-full ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

jtnf... that 1lb per powder type also has (had last time I was there) a 2lb total limit as well... they also limit primers if they are low.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking for over 6 months for some Hodgdon Lil'Gun... if anybody knows where there is a few #lbs my 500 S&W is waiting!

and... around $25/lb I think. I haven't bought any in a while my 8lg jug I got at Shooters Outpost is still half-full ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

jtnf... that 1lb per powder type also has (had last time I was there) a 2lb total limit as well... they also limit primers if they are low.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking for over 6 months for some Hodgdon Lil'Gun... if anybody knows where there is a few #lbs my 500 S&W is waiting!

The last time I saw Lil Gun was at the Hooksett Bass Pro Shop back in October.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Rileys had that too. I totally punted when I was rushing home before the blizzard... Sorry guys.

I purchased W231 and WST today and have been getting a pound or two of each every week. $28.00 for W231 is not quite a gift I know but I bought it cause I wanted it.
Also on the shelf was Unique, Bullseye, Varget, Trailboss,and a few others. I was hoping for Titegroup and AutoComp but not today. I think the prices for powder have actually gone up a little in the last couple of months. If I go in knowing I'm going to pay more than I want I just repeat in my mind what I've spent on overpriced coffee the same day.
Outback Arms.

I purchased W231 and WST today and have been getting a pound or two of each every week. $28.00 for W231 is not quite a gift I know but I bought it cause I wanted it.
Also on the shelf was Unique, Bullseye, Varget, Trailboss,and a few others. I was hoping for Titegroup and AutoComp but not today. I think the prices for powder have actually gone up a little in the last couple of months. If I go in knowing I'm going to pay more than I want I just repeat in my mind what I've spent on overpriced coffee the same day.
Outback Arms.

yeah but its about a 6 hour drive from Pidgeon Cove... so I'm working out transportation at the moment... = hazmat fees haha! The guy is super-cool but has few visitors. I have resorted to cold-calling for powder, yes I have.

Purchased 8 lb. jug of 231 at D&L on Friday ($149 + tax). They had 4 lb. ones too. Did not look for other powders but they seem to have plenty.

Al's in Derry has a ton of 231! 8# jugs for $160, saw at least 2 of those and about 10 1# jugs. Also Varget, Titegroup, HP38 and lots of rifle powders

Purchased 8 lb. jug of 231 at D&L on Friday ($149 + tax). They had 4 lb. ones too. Did not look for other powders but they seem to have plenty.

I still have 2 unopened 8# kegs of Red Dot I bought about 15 years ago...the sticker says $29. We'll never see those days again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom