• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dillon powder bar

NH Phantom

NES Member
Can anyone tell me if the dillon powder bar for 357 is the small one or large one? I'm just setting up my toolhead and need to order the short bar from DAA

'it depends'

it's really driven by the # of grains of powder for the load & powder in question.

There is a chart in the 750 manual which shows the range. (page 25 in my manual)

The limit for the small bar is in the 20ish grain zone for most powders.

I use the large for near max 44M loads (but it's near the minimum for the large bar) for around 20gn of AA9.

My hunch is that you'll end up w/ the small bar.

Edit: I looked at the Ramshot/Western load book and IMO, its all suitable for the small bar.

Last edited:
'it depends'

it's really driven by the # of grains of powder for the load & powder in question.

There is a chart in the 750 manual which shows the range. (page 25 in my manual)

The limit for the small bar is in the 20ish grain zone for most powders.

I use the large for near max 44M loads. My hunch is that you'll end up w/ the small bar.
Thank you

I don’t the large would work for the 357 with any powder. I could be wrong. Maybe trail boss?
Small should be fine. What powder?

Unique doesn't meter that well in the Dillon (yes, I've tried it).
PowerPistol puts on a hell of a show w/ fire & fury.

Depends on what kind of loading. You may want to split between
357 & 44 vs. 45/9

HP38/W231 is super flexible as long as you're not looking for top velocity.
Personally, I use AA9 for the magnums and N320/SportPistol for 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom